Pages:
Author

Topic: Punishment for ICO scams! - page 2. (Read 1968 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100
September 28, 2018, 12:58:03 AM
It is a necessity now as many ICO are going scam and peoples hard earned money going in vain. If a regulation comes in effect regarding punishment of scam ICO then no one will try to scam as he knows that he will be punished.
Activity: 604
Merit: 252
September 28, 2018, 12:52:07 AM
I think nowadays, the ICO SCAM a good part of them end up seeing their idealizers with problems with the justice of some place! But 1 or 2 years ago there was hardly any punishment! The question is the way they are collecting, it may seem like a lie, but ICOs were previously made in BTC and not ETH. There are many projects, such as EXSCUDO, which raised millions of dollars and delivered a weak product. Smiley
Activity: 215
Merit: 1
September 28, 2018, 12:34:29 AM
for sure, the team that carries out the investment money must return the money to investors who invest in the ico, and for the punishment actually we have no right to decide what punishment should be applied to the team, let the authorities deal with the matter and let the party the authorities decide the punishment for the team, because each country has a different legal system.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
September 28, 2018, 12:33:27 AM
I don't think there is any punishment for ICO failure. That's why ICO projects are risky to invest and need thorough research before investing a single penny in it. Unless ICO project guys doing something illegal or fraudulent, they can't be held guilty for failure of a project. In fact this is the first rule of starting investment in the crypto space, you need to do your own research and even then you should be ready to accept the fact that you can lose all your invested amount.
Activity: 374
Merit: 12
September 28, 2018, 12:29:22 AM
I agree if it is implemented like that, especially for managers who have a high rank and do a scam when ico. this makes many people who will leave trust in him.
Activity: 826
Merit: 265
September 28, 2018, 12:15:06 AM
Hi, everybody. Faced with a lot of fraudulent projects that collected money and quietly left. What sanctions and penalties are applied to them? If you know something, tell us, many will be very interesting to hear)

I want those damn scammers to be filled and squeezed with lemon in their whole body alive and must be burned to death as they have nothing to help this world but greediness

I am once a victim also of this shit and the feeling is very uncertain because I cannot believe that all of my efforts has become worthless and unpaid
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
September 28, 2018, 12:06:22 AM
Most ICO scams use identifiers as well as fake addresses, so it is very difficult to find them to be punished. ICOs are not scam, they must comply with legal regulations in some areas.

at least we can take part in the ICO project which in that country must do a KYC especially for the teams that hold the ICO, to be safer and can guarantee that the ICO is official and has obtained permission from the government
Activity: 1176
Merit: 12
Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji
September 27, 2018, 11:41:58 PM
Most ICO scams use identifiers as well as fake addresses, so it is very difficult to find them to be punished. ICOs are not scam, they must comply with legal regulations in some areas.
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
September 27, 2018, 11:40:07 PM
Hi, everybody. Faced with a lot of fraudulent projects that collected money and quietly left. What sanctions and penalties are applied to them? If you know something, tell us, many will be very interesting to hear)

Lol, those who are stupid enough to buy into these ICOs are getting punished. They are punished for their stupidity. No need to punish the scammer, if every "investor" did their homework, they won't be regret.

I agree that investors must bear some responsibility for not doing proper due diligence. I think the problem with scams will eventually be solved by professional due diligence platforms. You can eliminate about 90% of the risk if you simply are able to get accurate information about the people involved in the project. These will need to be paid services so their interests are aligned with investors interests. We have already seen how ICO Rating sites that rely on being paid by the ICO can not be trusted.
Activity: 1073
Merit: 666
September 27, 2018, 10:56:55 PM

Lol, those who are stupid enough to buy into these ICOs are getting punished. They are punished for their stupidity. No need to punish the scammer, if every "investor" did their homework, they won't be regret.
Activity: 728
Merit: 11
https://streamies.io/
September 27, 2018, 10:52:38 PM
I think we should treat them according to law. That is what I expected most. Scammers will have to go to jail. Those who assist the scammer as managers will also be held responsible before the law. I really want the SEC to enter this market because I need safety and certainty.
Activity: 560
YOUC - www.youengine.io
September 27, 2018, 10:50:50 PM

That's why before we want to invest our money on some ICO project, make sure the company is exist, so we can report them and sue them.
If we don't know where they are, then how can we can report them ? I guess we need to do a serious due diligence before put our money into any projects.
Activity: 56
September 27, 2018, 08:51:11 PM

At the moment, the topic of punishment for the ICO scam is very rare. In almost all cases, everything remains with impunity. If Iko scum, it is unlikely that someone will return something to you.
yes hopefully crypto is getting tougher the rules and there are penalties also for people who commit ICO fraud or others, because that can make people lose

Can make folks lose interest in crypto entirely, hopefully the recent regulation can help put this in check.
Activity: 406
keyTango
September 27, 2018, 08:27:20 PM
I do not know how to influence those who promote scam projects. It seems to me that if criminal responsibility is provided for this, then this should reduce the amount of the scam.
Activity: 392
September 27, 2018, 08:12:44 PM
This is a proposal that is widely accepted by the community. But how does a non-governmental market punish ICO scams? If this is done then the cryptographic market will be cleaner and soon accepted by governments around the world.
copper member
Activity: 210
September 27, 2018, 08:08:40 PM
i have never seen any scammer after doing scam, we do no know who they are & where they disappeared after doing scam. i think there should be an agency at global level to verify the project its team members to start any project. they need to get the approval first with all the information of team, its members, their wealth and project plan. otherwise we will never know about the scammers . forget about the punishment.
Activity: 812
Merit: 501
September 27, 2018, 07:49:00 PM
We don't know if ICOs scam. You better read scam accusation there. Prefent Scam by giving negative comment on the ann page and bounty page so  no participants join the campaign. Manager who promote scam ICO should be boycot.
Activity: 154
September 27, 2018, 07:44:56 PM
unfortunately, at this stage of market regulation, fraudulent projects do not use any sanctions and I believe that this is one of the strongest problems in the current market
Activity: 252
September 27, 2018, 07:36:59 PM
I don’t remember precedents with judicial terms for fraud in the ICO. Although every time there is activity, at the moment when fraud is revealed. As a result, people are less likely to trust the new ICO.
Activity: 155
September 21, 2018, 12:48:05 AM
So far I have never heard of any specific laws or laws governing ICO fraud. But we can impose sanctions or strict penalties for these ICO fraudsters in the form of imprisonment against these fraudsters. We can use fraudulent articles provided there is strong evidence that can ensnare them. I am sure this case can be included in the case of fraud provided there is evidence and witnesses. I believe this sanction is a punishment that can make them deterred. I also hope that in the future, there will be an official party handling the ICO both in terms of monitoring the ICO and giving permission to run an ICO. I hope this ICO can be more responsible.
Pages:
Jump to: