Pages:
Author

Topic: Punishment for ICO scams! - page 5. (Read 1968 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 254
September 01, 2018, 06:32:26 AM
Hi, everybody. Faced with a lot of fraudulent projects that collected money and quietly left. What sanctions and penalties are applied to them? If you know something, tell us, many will be very interesting to hear)
Nothing. They are free to scam people. Nobody will arrest them because in many cases we do not know who are the scammers. It is easy to scam in crypto because no regulations, you dont need to provide your real name anywhere.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
September 01, 2018, 06:13:18 AM
The punishment for fraud must be inevitable and harsh. But the most important thing is to prove that a person committed fraud. The failure of ISO is not yet proof of fraud. The most important facet in the crypto industry should be the body that investigates and punishes.
Activity: 417
Merit: 1
August 30, 2018, 04:37:18 AM
The idea is very much good. As scammers are punished, others will be discouraged to cheat people in the name of ICO. I think regulations is best way to stop scams. Another way is punishment, jail and fine. If scammers are jailed or fined, it will discourage others to defraud people in the name of ICO and it will help prevent scams in ICO.
Activity: 532
Merit: 17
August 30, 2018, 04:27:45 AM
Hi, everybody. Faced with a lot of fraudulent projects that collected money and quietly left. What sanctions and penalties are applied to them? If you know something, tell us, many will be very interesting to hear)

Maybe Ethereum network can have a feature to freeze the address of scammers. Or at least the exchange that receive coins from scammer addresses must be freeze. Later if the detail indentity of scammers can be found in exchange database, then we can sue the scammer.
Activity: 392
Merit: 12
August 30, 2018, 03:12:37 AM
There are laws which can be applied to ico scams. You may file estafa charges in your jurisdiction as long as the entity is within the powers of it. Otherwise good luck with filing those cases. They cannot be punished unless they are charged with cases.
hopefully, with the tightened ICO regulations at this time, it can reduce the number of fraudulent ICOs, so that more and more investors are interested in the ICO and many more trustworthy projects
Activity: 252
August 30, 2018, 12:10:15 AM
basically, we can't punish the perpetrators of scam because we don't know who they are. certanly, we have to avoid the scam ico by choosing a good ico. lots of ico legit that can still be followed. it all depends on how we can choose ico well. before choosing an ico it would be better if we understand the project it first.
Activity: 773
Merit: 100
August 30, 2018, 12:06:49 AM
It seems to me that scammers are getting bigger every day. Unfortunately, it's probably impossible to completely filter them, and not every manager will bother with this. And they will not punish them soon. It is very difficult to catch them. Therefore, everyone is often deceived.
Activity: 700
Merit: 300
August 29, 2018, 11:56:51 PM
There are laws which can be applied to ico scams. You may file estafa charges in your jurisdiction as long as the entity is within the powers of it. Otherwise good luck with filing those cases. They cannot be punished unless they are charged with cases.

I am not sure if we can do that so easily. First of all when an ICO comes out over the internet then we just see the superficial things about it and nothing else. If you see the ICO then they may or may not publish the address of their physical office, who knows that may not even exists out there. If there is no physical info then how would you go for filing the case? Just based on the website? How could anyone file complaints if thats the case. I guess it could be hard to digest if anything like that happens and if we get scammed. We have to move one! This is the way crypto works .. . .
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
August 29, 2018, 11:53:49 PM
sanctions for it, of course, many will even heavy. but to be able to keep track of such things is not an easy matter. able to catch or even know the course is already a remarkable thing. especially if to give sanctions would certainly be an achievement. of course, clear this form of crime and fraud. This could simply be brought to prison if processed legally.
Activity: 219
Merit: 10
August 29, 2018, 11:48:01 PM
hay the bounty hunter. be careful of invest allcoint .. where is the biggest year where many scams and they are not responsible for what has been done. we feel bounty hunter where we cannot enjoy the results of our labor.I hope that there will be a legal umbrella that can cover ico's investment. because now a lot of scams or fraud
Activity: 243
August 29, 2018, 11:45:19 PM
Activity: 2324
Merit: 504
August 29, 2018, 11:42:00 PM
I did not hear the scammers being punished. Probably it is for some reason impossible. Although byloby beautifully, there are fewer mossins.

Not much punishment for the moment, or at least not enough to be a deterrent for new scammers. The SEC acts very little, not to mention the police of any country.
That's simply because it's hard to catch them and most of them are faking their identity anyway it's like when peolpe are scamming through some kind of market place, however if the amount that got scammed is quite huge the police will probably take an action upon the report
but afaik when it comes to ico project if they dont comply with regulation they will be closed down immediately, only offshore ico that's usually turn into scam.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
August 29, 2018, 11:36:54 PM
ico scamer is indeed very annoying and has caused a decrease trust in crypto, but it is very difficult to punish ico perpetrators, because the crypto world is very anonymous so it is very difficult to track, hopefully in the future, there is a solution to this problem
Activity: 364
August 29, 2018, 09:55:35 PM
Well i believe that half of them had fake contacts and locations and dont know if they will ever return the money back to investors. Hard to see but its so sad that hard earned money you cant return.
Activity: 61
W12 – Blockchain protocol
August 29, 2018, 07:51:06 PM
There is no punishment for fraudulent ICO projects, but for the fraud itself. If this fact is proved, the punishment will be under the criminal code.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
August 26, 2018, 01:06:47 PM
I determine epitomizing at once we decent castigate them with social castigating, it only by reason of distinct of body plan is a amiss man, and whether they are corporeal person its so exacting to throng evidances to sue them
Activity: 89
August 24, 2018, 04:43:38 PM
Punishment is under article "Fraud". If the company conducts ICO, attracting other people's money and does not use them for the development of the project, such actions can be qualified as fraud. But there is a need to find and prove...
Activity: 47
August 17, 2018, 03:08:32 AM
Indeed, ICO tricks ought to be rebuffed however I don't believe there's a way or a law for that. Coz anybody can begin an ICO as long as they can manufacture legitimate showcasing system and exposure. Allows simply acknowledge that putting resources into ICO ought to be finished with a high hazard. That is the reason we had this "contribute what you can bear to lose" coz each ICO, even with a decent ICO rating has a possibilies of transforming into trick. 😉
Activity: 287
Merit: 6
August 15, 2018, 01:36:37 PM
I agree that the owner of scam ICO should be punished but still, there are no regulations to regulate this market there are many ICO which scammed people with there hard earned money and roaming freely regulation is required for punishing the scam ICO.
I agree because before participating in any ICOs, they always have a Terms and Conditions which include all of the possible situation with their project, and we had to accept them.
Activity: 276
Merit: 23
August 15, 2018, 12:28:17 PM
I did not hear the scammers being punished. Probably it is for some reason impossible. Although byloby beautifully, there are fewer mossins.

Not much punishment for the moment, or at least not enough to be a deterrent for new scammers. The SEC acts very little, not to mention the police of any country.
Pages:
Jump to: