Pages:
Author

Topic: Punishment for ICO scams! - page 3. (Read 1968 times)

Activity: 145
Merit: 1
September 21, 2018, 12:39:45 AM
Yeah I also strongly agree that the ICO who commit fraud needs to be given strict sanctions and penalties. This is to avoid similar things being done again and give a deterrent effect to perpetrators. I have a suggestion for the ICO who committed the fraud, we viral on various social media along with the names of the development teams. I am sure that if we spread viral news about fraud committed by irresponsible people, then that person will think twice about fraud. That is a bit of my idea.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1086
Free Bitcoins Every Hour!
September 21, 2018, 12:33:09 AM
If you learn the information from this discussion: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/has-any-scam-ico-or-ibo-owners-face-legal-action-2853946, You can see some cases about ICO scams there. Some of them have already taken further action. You can see the more information below, I take the links of related news about ICO scam cases:
1. https://news.bitcoin.com/canadian-court-sends-perpetrator-of-plexcoin-ico-scam-to-jail/
2. https://u.today/top-10-ico-scams
3. https://www.ccn.com/philippines-crypto-scammers-face-21-years-in-prison-warns-regulator/
4. https://www.coindesk.com/us-government-arrests-charges-alleged-ico-fraudster/

I hope the information above can help you to know more about what government has done to ICO scammers.  
Activity: 1085
Merit: 500
hi =D
September 21, 2018, 12:32:05 AM
for those who have already been deceived and lost money with ico scammers, there is some punishment method or complaint procedure to punish the thieves, if anyone has already gone through this fact, what they did, there are some sites to report or contest the money applied and lost?Huh thank you
Activity: 840
Merit: 252
September 21, 2018, 12:24:57 AM
Hi, everybody. Faced with a lot of fraudulent projects that collected money and quietly left. What sanctions and penalties are applied to them? If you know something, tell us, many will be very interesting to hear)
There is no punishment yet I heard for ICO scammers until now and until the regulations are quite vague they will still continue scamming investors and bounty hunters. It's is so sad that most of them escaped from being prosecuted because of he ill defined regulations from many countries. If only there is clear definitions of the law about ICOs, we as investors can file lawsuit against them.
Activity: 463
Merit: 11
Chainjoes.com
September 21, 2018, 12:22:00 AM
Finally, a post where in we will know what truly happens to scammers. NONE is the answer for this thread. It is very hard to accept but no one get caught or punished when they scam people on ICO's. They are taking advantage of ICO's regulation that they are not held liable for any losses. If there is someone caught, its just one person and its not publicly reported. No one is enforcing the law on crypto.  Undecided
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
September 21, 2018, 12:20:59 AM
Obviously, this would be a just punishment. This is fraud and Court and prison is the right place for them. But if it talks about ICO and crypto then it will be different again. the scammers are hard to track in this system. that's probably why the scammers are becoming increasingly large and more and more. needs to be prepared is the anticipation of being able to prevent this from happening to myself.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
September 21, 2018, 12:17:12 AM

At the moment, the topic of punishment for the ICO scam is very rare. In almost all cases, everything remains with impunity. If Iko scum, it is unlikely that someone will return something to you.
yes hopefully crypto is getting tougher the rules and there are penalties also for people who commit ICO fraud or others, because that can make people lose
Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
September 21, 2018, 12:14:42 AM
Punishment for fraudsters must stand so that they feel afraid and they will not do it again, because they have harmed many people in it.
everything will be a lesson and the law must exist so that those who want to commit fraud no longer exist.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
September 21, 2018, 12:11:11 AM
Hi, everybody. Faced with a lot of fraudulent projects that collected money and quietly left. What sanctions and penalties are applied to them? If you know something, tell us, many will be very interesting to hear)

I am also interested in this issue as you.
copper member
Activity: 140
September 21, 2018, 12:04:11 AM
I don't think any of them has been brought to justice and that's the reason why the menace continue to strive in the industry. Countries are still working to make laws that can be used to prosecute them
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
Pawsome
September 20, 2018, 10:02:17 PM
It must be understood that currently there are too many ICOs that are scams, this is what makes investors afraid to put their money in the ICO, I believe that the biggest factor that makes bitcoin marketcap even stronger is the large number of scam projects.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 269
September 20, 2018, 09:55:43 PM

At the moment, the topic of punishment for the ICO scam is very rare. In almost all cases, everything remains with impunity. If Iko scum, it is unlikely that someone will return something to you.
Truly, there are no effective means to lay any punishments or rebuke a particular ICO the proved to be a scam.

Remember that ICO remains largely unregulated. In fact it is for the reason of being unregulated that many took their projects to a tokenized crowdfunding platform. They are not to be held liable for any loss nor any damage pertaining to the project investment, support or participation. And us, agreeing to their legal disclaimer could not really make any legal appeal when we fall prey to those scams.
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
September 18, 2018, 04:39:20 PM
Scammers aren't just dumb thugs with a knife, these people are highly intelligent even more so than you and me. They will have layers of protection, and create lots of fake profiles. Catching these guys will require NSA data and it's not worth their time.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
September 18, 2018, 04:03:39 PM
I don't know what kind of charges appropriate for these scammers and I'm sure they all deserve to be behind the bars. I have participated in some fraudulent ICO's and some of them are quite legit because they attended in some roadshow. And after the ICO's they just went dark and run away the money. And i feel sad to the investors and bounty hunters which we don't deserve.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 315
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
September 17, 2018, 03:47:22 PM
since using cryptoccurency makes you anonymous, there is no punishment for people behind those fraudulent projects. no one can capture them especially if they are using fake identity in their projects.
Activity: 753
Merit: 100
www.licx.io
September 17, 2018, 03:39:24 PM
all I have ever done to give a deterrent effect is by asking the developer and embarrassing him by publishing to every social media that exists and also on the forum, where I say that the project is a fraud that would be detrimental if he joined him.
Activity: 224
September 15, 2018, 02:20:11 PM
Although I have never been punished or sanctioned for a fake project, but in my opinion it's a good idea.
Because now a lot of fake projects
Activity: 333
Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain
September 15, 2018, 02:13:54 PM
Is it possible? I think it's not possible. Because the ico is scam. They usually make all the information wrong in project relations. They also do not give their true identity. So, how will they be arrested and punished?
Activity: 168
September 15, 2018, 02:05:57 PM
I don't see any punishment suitable that you can give any scam ICOs than to ignore them. How do you punish someone untraceable who gob away with your money?
Activity: 157
September 15, 2018, 02:00:44 PM
As far as I know, it is currently impossible to punish fraudulent ICO. Although in the near future I think there will be such laws.
Pages:
Jump to: