Pages:
Author

Topic: Punishment for ICO scams! - page 6. (Read 1968 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 7
August 15, 2018, 01:24:28 PM
You cannot punish them at this time. Because of anonymous. Almost of scam ICOs do not reveal the team or fake teams. Hope investors will experience from this.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
August 15, 2018, 12:25:04 PM
Yup, this should be punishable, scammers can easily get away with scams like this, be there should be a punishment for scams like this, it's a big waste of time, and a waste of money as well, I hate to see ICOs getting away with this kind of agenda, there should be a punishment for this.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
August 15, 2018, 05:46:15 AM
Since one of the main signs of the crypto currency is decentralization, it's very difficult to find scammers!
This is a very negative trend because scammers becomes more and more!
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
August 15, 2018, 05:41:50 AM
Hi, everybody. Faced with a lot of fraudulent projects that collected money and quietly left. What sanctions and penalties are applied to them? If you know something, tell us, many will be very interesting to hear)
How can you punish scammers if investors give them their money? In fact, there have been cases where organizers of fraudulent projects were put behind bars.
Activity: 103
August 15, 2018, 05:28:48 AM
It is hard for them to be punished, seeing that most of them do not even get caught in the first place, and even go ahead to scam people again. It would be best if a regulatory body was set up for ICOs. At least with that, Scam ICOs could be easily detected and the creators could be punished. Maybe place a ban on them and every would be cautious to do any transaction with them.
Activity: 826
Merit: 303
August 12, 2018, 08:58:56 AM
I think no ico scammer has been brought to justice uptil now but many cointries are busy in setting rules and regulations where only legit ones will be allowed to raise funds and the scammers will be caught and punished.

How can they be caught and even more so, be punished when there is not a single body directly overseeing the cryptocurrency? This is one of the dangers of decentralization and free market.
yes it is a high risk in cryptocurrency that we face, we must be careful in choosing the projects that we will follow and should I think possible, bitcointalk moderators should tighten the posting of new threads Cool
Activity: 588
August 12, 2018, 08:58:14 AM
I think no ico scammer has been brought to justice uptil now but many cointries are busy in setting rules and regulations where only legit ones will be allowed to raise funds and the scammers will be caught and punished.

How can they be caught and even more so, be punished when there is not a single body directly overseeing the cryptocurrency? This is one of the dangers of decentralization and free market.
It seems to me that for fraudulent ico companies are punished only by members of Bounty company and bounty managers, For disseminating information, because real villains are not caught. And nobody cares that they can also be victims of scammers. The color of the account is not fair. In such cases.
Activity: 120
August 12, 2018, 08:46:31 AM

Activity: 205
August 11, 2018, 05:48:57 AM
I agree that the owner of scam ICO should be punished but still, there are no regulations to regulate this market there are many ICO which scammed people with there hard earned money and roaming freely regulation is required for punishing the scam ICO.

But we see it is hard to punish the scammers that creating a scam project because of their disguise. Some of  the scam  ICO the team are having a fake account and their platforms are only copied in other projects.
Activity: 125
August 11, 2018, 05:32:42 AM
It's not possible to punish them, it will depends on the country if their people who joined their project will file a complaint that they are scammers/theft. This is the reason why some projects are avoiding some country who has very strict on their law, it's a strategy.
Activity: 686
Merit: 13
August 11, 2018, 05:29:22 AM
I agree that the owner of scam ICO should be punished but still, there are no regulations to regulate this market there are many ICO which scammed people with there hard earned money and roaming freely regulation is required for punishing the scam ICO.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
August 11, 2018, 05:23:13 AM
Many investors has lose money because of the scam icos and we are not having any penalties for them. I think ico scammers should be punish by imprisonment and that should be up-to ten years.  However,  governments can only support this views if cryptocurrencies is taxable!
Activity: 60
August 11, 2018, 05:19:05 AM
How do you punish ICO? Impossible unless the ICO project is regulated. Otherwise, the penalty for the ICO project cannot be achieved. Now ICO is a loophole that hopes to be regulated in the future.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
August 11, 2018, 04:31:58 AM
In my such people were not, because all such projects use fake documents with addresses and photos ...
Activity: 56
August 11, 2018, 03:31:01 AM
Honestly, I have experienced joining bounties of some scam ICOs. They bring bad impacts for many sectors of crypto wolrd. Bounty hunters cannot get their rewards, investors lost their funds and become less trust in other ICOs, and tarnish the good name of crypto forum. However they should get punishment. They must be jailed and give compensation to the victims. 
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
August 11, 2018, 03:08:46 AM
Its very good thing.
First i can advice make some pulic list of scammer developers with names and photos.
Then any who want invest to the ico look name of developers on this list and if they on the list mark this project red.
Of cource after this scammers use fake developers list, need to contact with him and ask about project. Mostly they say what first time hear abut it.
Activity: 196
August 11, 2018, 03:04:31 AM
People have been taking advantage of lack of regulations for crypto and ripping people of their hard earned money in disguise of ICO but I've heard someone who's much more experienced than I do talk about some guys that got jailed because of ICO scam but I can't recollect the exact fact about which project it is but I'm very sure those guys got nabbed by America and they're are serving jail term as we speak
Activity: 532
Merit: 132
August 11, 2018, 03:03:45 AM
I think when you could identify who the people behind the scams.
and to think where country are there origins.
you could file a case against them on that county.
and i guess its up to the country's law or government on how would they take action
but im not so sure. im basing some of things that i have seen on tv.
Activity: 31
August 11, 2018, 02:57:08 AM
The penalty for fraudulent ICO projects is possible only in the United States. Not in our environment. Absolutely no sanctions against fraudulent ICO impossible. On the part of the developers, their main responsibility towards investors is to distribute tokens to investors. And the fact that these tokens are not traded anywhere and are worth nothing, that the "white paper" is not executed, these are the risks of the investors themselves.
Activity: 134
August 10, 2018, 07:13:02 PM
we know that we cannot punish the perpetrators of scams because we don't know their identity. therefore we must be able to choose the good ico to follow, so we can also get the satisfactory results by choosing a good ico we will also be avoided from the scam ico.
Pages:
Jump to: