Pages:
Author

Topic: PURPOSE OF TOKEN? - page 7. (Read 3303 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 250
September 10, 2018, 11:22:56 PM
i want to say it is way for start up to raise needed money
But reality is to steal our money
That second purpose still overcoming first one
i am agree with you,some project just using token as camouflage for their project to earn money from beginner investor.they dont understand many thief trying lie to us by make new project.
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
www.daxico.com
September 10, 2018, 10:57:38 PM
Every token has its own unique ticker name and so does with its purpose or use cases. Token comes from the concept of projects who integrate blockchain into their products and some tokens have their own blockchain while others are also using the existing blockchain of tokens with bigger names like ETH, NEO, WAVES, and others.
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
September 10, 2018, 10:02:28 PM
the goal is the ico project that will be marketed there must be a promotion to attract investors, and the way to increase investment in ico is by buying tokens and investing tokens. and when the project is successful, it will affect the token exchange rate to eth, which will bring profit.
Merit: 100
September 09, 2018, 04:01:29 AM
Hi guys, this just bother me long time ago, and just popped up recently..

What is the purpose of token?

I can not figure it out because I have one token before and I did not know how to use it and I can not even transfer it to bitcoin. I am just wondering why people keep inventing and creating so much token at all.
I hope I can get POSITIVE response and not some hates and negative one.

Thank you.

You can't transfer it to bitcoin because the altcoins have their own blockchain so the only way to put it into bitcoin is through trading or exchanging it. Tokens have different purposes but usually it's about monetizing a specific niche and making the token itself the means of payment.
Activity: 252
Merit: 2
"I invest and Doing Bounty Campaign"
September 09, 2018, 03:59:40 AM

I can not figure it out because I have one token before and I did not know how to use it and I can not even transfer it to bitcoin. I am just wondering why people keep inventing and creating so much token at all.

Thank you.
It is being called as tokens when it is not yet listed in an exchange and does not function as a medium for exchange like most of the token are to be utilized as since it is the sole purpose of the token. After a token will be listed to an exchange that token will be already called as a coin since it could be utilized and it could be used as a form of payment in utilization for that project.
Activity: 406
Merit: 13
September 09, 2018, 03:56:49 AM
There are a lot of usage of tokens. You can use it to purchase something (it may be things, another token and many more) or use it as one of the payment methods. Token has different kinds, so it depends to it's type on how are you going to use it.  It's your choice of course, but before you invest on some tokens, make sure you know the advantages of it.
Activity: 67
Merit: 0
September 09, 2018, 03:44:05 AM
You can use it for any transaction payments, so definitely you can use it for what it really used and there is a lot of token which you can use to something that it has been used for so the token was created just for its needed.
copper member
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
”Decentralized Digital Billboards”
September 01, 2018, 02:26:59 PM
Some token serves as utility token for specific project where you can use it as a form of payment in their ecosystem.. There are different types of token for example erc20 token issued by eth network though the purpose will be dependent on the project contract
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
August 27, 2018, 06:43:55 PM
I think the purpose of this token is as a breaker and can be one solution to be able to solve problems in the economy or problems from infrastructure which means that tokens are actually a lot of benefits.
Activity: 68
August 27, 2018, 06:09:14 PM

Thank you.
When any token is created without nothing new or adding a value to the society, I think investors should just ignore such crypto projects because they will most likely not succeed or go anywhere.
Activity: 59
August 27, 2018, 05:51:10 PM
A token was created for the purpose of delivering a product. I wonder why we now have so many excessive tokens in the market today without a real corresponding product. This should stop.
Merit: 103
August 27, 2018, 01:40:24 PM
Tokens generation has always do for giving benefits to the investors. As we have seen every project has product or service. tokens can be used for giving reward to developers for their work. Token is like shares we have in share market. it is most commonly used for trading purposes.
Activity: 462
August 27, 2018, 01:05:11 PM
A token is a digital asset created on the initiative of a particular individual or entity and having a specific purpose (for example, playing the role of a stock when raising funds during the ICO).
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
August 27, 2018, 12:59:35 PM
i want to say it is way for start up to raise needed money
But reality is to steal our money
That second purpose still overcoming first one
Activity: 10
August 27, 2018, 12:30:29 PM
   Not all tokens are the same, there are more types. I will start with what I know, who knows more can add something, and for others
who seek for some more knowledge should search about it and maybe contact some developers.

-Equity Tokens : Startups can issue stock or equity tokens through initial coin offering (ICO). This will benefit startups since the barrier
to entry into the financial markets will be much lower than in the past.

-Securities Tokens : A security is a broad classification that refers to any kind of tradable asset. Through ICO`s, investors have access
to a wide variety of securities tokens, ranging from coins redeemable for precious metals to tokens backed by real estate.

-Utility Tokens : Utility tokens, which may also be called app coins or app tokens, provide users with access to a product or service.

I hope I helped a little, I see many people doesn`t know much about tokens. Read more, there are a lot of informations out there.
They are free and you just need a bit time to read about everything you want to know.

Actually, while there are different types of securities, all equity tokens are at the same time security tokens: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/security.asp

There are many reasons why a company would decide to have an ETO (Equity Token Offering) instead of an ICO. We have decided to utilize ETOs as we want to give our future investors all the shareholder rights that a "normal" investment into a company would offer.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
August 27, 2018, 12:18:54 PM

Thank you.

Token have a great purpose,actualy token coming from those project thats we participated or we invest in order thats we can achieve those profits,otherwise token is very usable,you can change it into different kinds of altcoins or you can trade it to bitcoin or change it into fiat for your daily needs  or maybe you can used it in some payment like billing transaction or debt.
if you pay attention, the purpose of the token is only one, which is to make it easier for people to use an application from the project. so this is like a ticket to get special services that can be used in a company. Well, I see everything is almost the same.
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
August 27, 2018, 11:46:03 AM
Their main purpose is to raise funds to implement certain projects. In my opinion, it is not advisable to focus on the study and focus on analyzing the project better for you.
Activity: 69
August 27, 2018, 11:27:12 AM
I understand a token as a share of a company that sells it. But token has different meanings and for a reason some projects have coins not tokens.
Activity: 406
▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰
August 27, 2018, 09:01:20 AM

Thank you.

Token have a great purpose,actualy token coming from those project thats we participated or we invest in order thats we can achieve those profits,otherwise token is very usable,you can change it into different kinds of altcoins or you can trade it to bitcoin or change it into fiat for your daily needs  or maybe you can used it in some payment like billing transaction or debt.
Activity: 350
August 27, 2018, 07:52:41 AM
the token will continue to exist as long as the ico of the project continues to run and the token is just an alternative to bitcoin and tetep being altcoin and will not be able to replace bitcoin. so people can choose bitcoin or altcoin as an investment and others.
[/quote
Purpose of token, It contains the security credentials for a login session and identifies the user, the user groups, the user privileges and in some cases a particular application.
Pages:
Jump to: