Pages:
Author

Topic: Q: Should Lauda *really* be a moderator of bitcointalk A: no - page 6. (Read 43342 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Chat logs are worthless and can be doctored.
Yes, I'm most certainly trying to falsify what Mitchell said. Roll Eyes

You did handle the thread yourself regardless of if "DeepSpace" told you it belongs somewhere else.
Point being? The only difference is who pressed a few buttons, the decision was by a neutral moderator. Grasping at straws again Quickseller.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Lauda is now moderating threads that have to do with him. Moderators should not be making decisions that affect themselves directly, moderators can leave those decisions up to another neutral moderator.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/moved-lauda-is-shit-1697760
[22:23::11/29/16] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lauda-i-been-shitty-1697356
[22:28::11/29/16] Doesn't this go to reputation btw?
[22:29::11/29/16] Yes
[22:31::11/29/16] I ACK the move
Keep trying QS. Roll Eyes

I'm far beyond the point where I'd make such a ludicrous error as to handle threads about myself. The underlying cognitive bias can not be beaten by any kind of objectivity, thus should be avoided/consulted with others.
Chat logs are worthless and can be doctored.

You did handle the thread yourself regardless of if "DeepSpace" told you it belongs somewhere else.
legendary
Terminated.
Lauda is now moderating threads that have to do with him. Moderators should not be making decisions that affect themselves directly, moderators can leave those decisions up to another neutral moderator.

[22:23::11/29/16] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lauda-i-been-shitty-1697356
[22:28::11/29/16] Doesn't this go to reputation btw?
[22:29::11/29/16] Yes
[22:31::11/29/16] I ACK the move
Keep trying QS. Roll Eyes

I'm far beyond the point where I'd make such a ludicrous error as to handle threads about myself. The underlying cognitive bias can not be beaten by any kind of objectivity, thus should be avoided/consulted with others.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267
In Memory of Zepher
The only way that I can see this being remediated is by removing Lauda from being a moderator.
Of course. If only there were some way to remove them from the DT system, a system completely unrelated to moderation, in order to remove any rogue feedback there may possible be. Theymos should really implement that for situations just like this one.

Also, QS, you still haven't answered my questions from the last page. I've been awaiting your answers with bated breath.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Lauda

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

the very definition of sensor ships

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Cry  The only way that I can see this being remediated is by removing Lauda from being a moderator.  Cry

Oh god not this sh*t again.

'member last time bloat-blockers threw tantrums and got REKT by GMAX's laconic wit?

legendary
Terminated.
Hi. I am reasonably new here and I made an accusation against Lauda. I dont want to discuss the accusation but afterwards I have dealt with the mentioned user and had a normal experience. So I take my claims back. Let it be noted. Thanks.
Thanks, I'm glad that we got that resolved in a peaceful and mature matter.

It looks like Lauda is now leaving both negative and positive trust for political reasons, in an effort to further his viewpoint.
Sorry, but that is not the case. I have only tagged some users that were either constantly trolling, FUDing Bitcoin or both (e.g. Sir Alpha_goy). FYI I find such people highly untrustworthy and so should you!

franky1
-snip-
Hyena
Both ratings were internally resolved. Thank you for letting me know that I forgot to remove the neutral on franky.

However active attempts of discrediting dissenting views is the very definition of censorship. The only way that I can see this being remediated is by removing Lauda from being a moderator.
Yes, leaving trust ratings <--> moderation. Roll Eyes

Did you forget to log in the alt again and bumped this up via the main account? Undecided
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
It looks like Lauda is now leaving both negative and positive trust for political reasons, in an effort to further his viewpoint.

For example:

MemoryDealers
"Roger Ver finds it "difficult to support segwit" because he is "more concerned about morals of the people who came up it", than the technology itself." Falsely advertises the safety of alternative *solutions* in addition to exaggerating the negative aspects of existing solutions (e.g. Segwit). I can not condone this type of behavior.

franky1
Constantly keeps trolling Bitcoin Core, Blockstream and spreading FUD & misinformation. Untrustworthy.

Carlton Banks
Quote from: positive trust
I disagree with the rating left on Carlton. While I may not always agree with their approach, they are fighting for what they believe in and are actively trying to clear up misconceptions and misinformation.

Sir Alpha_goy
This is an account that is used to constantly FUD Bitcoin and anything regrading it. Do not trust anything that is written by it.

Hyena
Falsely labels Segwit (the most peer reviewed and tested change in Bitcoin) as a "secret bankster takeover". People deliberately spreading such FUD in order to incite toxicity and division in the community should not be trusted at all.

It is one thing to have a competing viewpoint (even if you look like a fool trying to defend said viewpoint), however it is much different to attempt to silence and discredit those with a competing viewpoint via the trust system. Allowing someone who engages in this kind of behavior to remain a moderator goes against the freedom of speech principles that the forum is based on.

I have disagreed with some of the moderation policies implemented by the forum in the past, I could at least honestly say that said policies were made with the intention of doing what is best for Bitcoin, while framing said policies in a way that preserves freedom of speech. However active attempts of discrediting dissenting views is the very definition of censorship. The only way that I can see this being remediated is by removing Lauda from being a moderator.
Activity: 113
Merit: 11
Hi. I am reasonably new here and I made an accusation against Lauda. I dont want to discuss the accusation but afterwards I have dealt with the mentioned user and had a normal experience. So I take my claims back. Let it be noted. Thanks.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Well, someone on DT1 thinks Lauda is doing a great job!   Wink
copper member
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874
Goodbye, Z.
If my opinion warrants negative feedback then fair enough but I think it would be more meaningful if you asked another moderator to leave it as it would be a conflict of interest if you did it.
Being a moderator has nothing to do with the feedback system around here. Their feedbacks are handled the same as feedbacks you and I leave.
There are other factors determining the weight of a feedback, you might want to educate yourself about the basics of the trust system first, before making false asumptions.
legendary
Terminated.
I didn't realise you had taken it away. May I ask why you removed the negative feedback?  
You pulled the plug on the project, so there was no need to keep it indefinitely (the offense wasn't that *bad).

If my opinion warrants negative feedback then fair enough but I think it would be more meaningful if you asked another moderator to leave it as it would be a conflict of interest if you did it. But the whole point of a forum is discussion which is what we are doing.
I think you're confusing the position of a Staff member, and a DT member (default trust 1 or two). These are not necessarily connected, as in, you can be a staff member but not a DT member, vice versa, or both. The trust system is independent of moderation (you should read into it a bit).

Your exact words were 'Í reccoment leaving negative ratings to TheCryptoMint'
There's nothing wrong with that. Anyone is free to disagree with such a recommendation and not do anything about it (which they have not if this was case). You shouldn't rely on IRC logs, as most often I'm not serious there (not sure about the other individuals). Note: I can not confirm nor deny saying this, as I do not have the logs from that time (and independent search failed to confirm this).

Update: Added note and image.
He tried to get everyone on IRC to leave bad feedback about me which I thought was highly inappropriate for someone on a position of power.
Even though I don't recall the events, as they are of little importance, I'm pretty sure that this isn't the case.

No fairness, no reasoning and trying to abuse his status of power.
So being on default trust depth 3 is a status of power now? You obviously do not know how the trust system works. Instead of being grateful as you were saved from a potential lawsuit, you come around complaining about some sort of abuse as you got left a negative trust rating? The curious part:
1) AFAIK you were never on IRC, which may indicate that someone has been feeding you logs.
2) You never attempted to contact me regarding the rating (which is usually how they get resolved).
3) The rating was there for a while, and has been long gone.

In all fairness, someone could leave you a negative rating for falsely accusing them of power abuse and it would be considered appropriate.

I didn't realise you had taken it away. May I ask why you removed the negative feedback?  Anyway the actual negative rating from you was not my main concern it was the IRC chat. If my opinion warrants negative feedback then fair enough but I think it would be more meaningful if you asked another moderator to leave it as it would be a conflict of interest if you did it. But the whole point of a forum is discussion which is what we are doing.
Your exact words were 'Í reccoment leaving negative ratings to TheCryptoMint'

I personally dont understand why a moderator would ask other people to do this and it was this which made me feel the way I do.
legendary
Terminated.
He tried to get everyone on IRC to leave bad feedback about me which I thought was highly inappropriate for someone on a position of power.
Even though I don't recall the events, as they are of little importance, I'm pretty sure that this isn't the case.

No fairness, no reasoning and trying to abuse his status of power.
So being on default trust depth 3 is a status of power now? You obviously do not know how the trust system works. Instead of being grateful as you were saved from a potential lawsuit, you come around complaining about some sort of abuse as you got left a negative trust rating? The curious part:
1) AFAIK you were never on IRC, which may indicate that someone has been feeding you logs.
2) You never attempted to contact me regarding the rating (which is usually how they get resolved).
3) The rating was there for a while, and has been long gone.

In all fairness, someone could leave you a negative rating for falsely accusing them of power abuse and it would be considered appropriate.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
My experience with him started when a copyrighted image slipped into my design by accident. He tried to get everyone on IRC to leave bad feedback about me which I thought was highly inappropriate for someone on a position of power. I did take screenshots obviously of him rallying his troops and you can see the feedback he posted on my trust already. It's inappropriate and turns out I can use the image anyway. No fairness, no reasoning and trying to abuse his status of power.

If my memory serves me correctly, You had the Chicago Bulls logo on your product as well as a fairly similar design of a bank's statue that looked blatantly plagiarized.

There were many users (not just me) on that thread that expressed their concern for your usage of such copyrighted work.

My experience with him started when a copyrighted image slipped into my design by accident. He tried to get everyone on IRC to leave bad feedback about me which I thought was highly inappropriate for someone on a position of power. I did take screenshots obviously of him rallying his troops and you can see the feedback he posted on my trust already. It's inappropriate and turns out I can use the image anyway. No fairness, no reasoning and trying to abuse his status of power.
copper member
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874
Goodbye, Z.
Now rest the Lutpin and the Lauda's cases : that's an another story. nothing could change the fact they act as kids and they are a pure example of "power abuse" , nothing can change this... look how they try to exploit anything each time they can , to drive their hate .. that's just insane.
You seem obsessed, Defcon. Almost paranoid, not unlike back when this thread was started.
One may even come to the conclusion it is you who is insane.

If you could further refrain from addressing any "Lutpin cases" in this thread, I would be very happy.
Start a designated thread about my "power abuse" and "hate", if you feel the need to, this thread is a thread about Lauda.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002
I confirm that I did crop screenshots (the same as posted above) as I did not think that certain parts were relevant to the point I was using them to make. It has nothing to do with Mitchell.
My sincere apologies to anyone who was affected by my wrongdoings.
that's fair from you too to recognised it..  on this famous day , I have to recognise to haven't been "to my top" too...  my apologies for my bad words too against you .

Now rest the Lutpin and the Lauda's cases : that's an another story. nothing could change the fact they act as kids and they are a pure example of "power abuse" , nothing can change this... look how they try to exploit anything each time they can , to drive their hate .. that's just insane.

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267
In Memory of Zepher
I confirm that I did crop screenshots (the same as posted above) as I did not think that certain parts were relevant to the point I was using them to make. It has nothing to do with Mitchell.
My sincere apologies to anyone who was affected by my wrongdoings.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002
[2-10-16 21:48:28] i have many doxes in my hands
[2-10-16 21:48:36] never i will used them
[2-10-16 21:48:41] i'm not like that
[2-10-16 21:48:54] i was thinking you know me a bit better now mate
[2-10-16 21:49:29] never i will used that against people
[2-10-16 21:49:42] even if i have a big mouth sometime

thank you mitchell ...   you acting in a fair way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and here's what minifrij have posted...   not trunked intentionally ?........ hmm ... LOL
do you see the cutted parts ?....

Pages:
Jump to: