Pages:
Author

Topic: Q: Should Lauda *really* be a moderator of bitcointalk A: no - page 8. (Read 43345 times)

copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
Lauda is now deleting posts in self moderated threads that are critical of him and that point out his inconsistencies

Gotta say it all feels a bit 'Coin Telegraph' to me if you're not going to discriminate between obviously shady operations wanting to leach off your good reputations and legitimately trustworthy businesses and services.

That 'Legends of Tomorrow' you're currently wearing reeks of scam. They talk a huge game about not needing any investment funds and how all deposits will remain in their deposit address, only for them to then move the money they had there with some excuse about how they used it for trading!

If I recall didn't somebody like OGNasty recently get in a kerfuffle over refusing to remove a scam signature because he said he'd been paid for it and so was going to wear it until the paid period had ended, right? Well if you receive money to advertise a service which you then learn is shady as fuck, you are perfectly entitled to remove that advertisement without reimbursing the scammers. So I don't understand the logic of his refusal to do so in that case and in this case I don't understand why you're so willing to sully your own names for a clearly shady operation.

By choosing the morally-bankrupt 'CT' standard of advertising you just end up becoming mired in one scandal after another with people who lose money blaming you for encouraging them to trust in the shady operation you were promoting which ended up running off with their bitcoin.

You'd be far better off operating on the principal that any valid concerns raised about a service you are advertising needs to be objectively countered by the operators of that service or you will remove the signature until they offer up a sufficient degree of proof they are running a legitimate and trustworthy service.

This way the value of your signature space as a group will increase exponentially as it will be far more trusted than most.

It's win-win for you.

We've not found them to be a scam. Nobody has complained to us, or to anyone, that they're a scam. Let me know why you think they're a scam and please try to show some evidence or good reasoning.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15831328 <<-- unmoderated thread here. It turns out that a warning about LOT was posted in this very thread a long time ago but was deleted by the OP
Activity: 675
Merit: 513
:)
Moderators act on their own opinion, there really arent any rules here to guide them anyways so they dont have a choice
Everyone acts on their own opinion, therefor it is your personal opinion and not others.
There are rules for moderators, the same as for us. Moderators only have more features like banning/moving threads. Mayby something else too, but that wouldn't matter alot. The rules apply to eveyone.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Moderators act on their own opinion, there really arent any rules here to guide them anyways so they dont have a choice
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
The thing i love about the internet is that is doesn't matter if you are male, female or an alien everyone get treated the same.

That's false. You need to get a lesson by posing as a female in an all male chatroom, or posing as a female on an online game. I have experience with games in which there are female moderators, and they are obviously treated worse.
Ok if you have seen that discrimination happen on another forum with female moderators then prove it to me.
You will first have to prove the moderators on such forum are in fact female and Lauda is also female for your argument to work.

You can PM me this proof or create another thread, it's time to stop hijacking this thread.

Of course when I call out members on their blatant sexism, you would consider it "hijacking the thread".

I don't need to prove that Lauda is female, because the people complaining about her are using female pronouns, she passes as a female for them, and that's why they complain about her.

You can see examples of females being targeted in online forums here and here.

You link two articles titled internet harassment and online threats targeting women and Discourse, gender, and online forums to back up your argument of course there going to focus on female internet harassment thats what the articles are about and I'm not saying it doesn't happen in some forums around the net I'm just saying it's not happening in this case. You seriously do need to get a life.
I won't be answering anymore of your posts in this thread because this has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand and is therfore "hijacking the thread"
Activity: 826
Merit: 504
The thing i love about the internet is that is doesn't matter if you are male, female or an alien everyone get treated the same.

That's false. You need to get a lesson by posing as a female in an all male chatroom, or posing as a female on an online game. I have experience with games in which there are female moderators, and they are obviously treated worse.
Ok if you have seen that discrimination happen on another forum with female moderators then prove it to me.
You will first have to prove the moderators on such forum are in fact female and Lauda is also female for your argument to work.

You can PM me this proof or create another thread, it's time to stop hijacking this thread.

Of course when I call out members on their blatant sexism, you would consider it "hijacking the thread".

I don't need to prove that Lauda is female, because the people complaining about her are using female pronouns, she passes as a female for them, and that's why they complain about her.

You can see examples of females being targeted in online forums here and here.

legendary

legendary
Does anyone else think that Lauda should not be a moderator?

Lauda proceeds with her opinion when moderating the board. Lauda does not follow the rules of the board the same way other moderators do. Lauda is not open to ever being wrong or mistaken. Lauda does not understand what it means to moderate the board. Lauda does not bother to explain reasons behind actions in a friendly way. Lauda likes to be abrasive with people she is moderating. Lauda is power hungry.

I move to have Lauda removed from being a moderator effective immediately.

There are lots of moderators on Bitcointalk, but of course you chose to pick on Lauda, the female moderator. I'm not surprised, this place is the garden of sexism.
Oh that's funny, even if Lauda is female do you really think this subject has anything to do with that, seriously get a life.

This is about the attitude Lauda has as a moderate and while i think it can be a little harsh at times and even in bad taste we are all different and voice our options differently.

It's not a coincidence. I'll retract my statement if you can show me a similar post about a male moderator, with members of the opposite sex consistently bashing him.

I feel sorry for any females in your life, because you are too privileged to see sexism and empathize with them.
I can't show you a similar thread because i have never seen the actions of another moderator being questioned here before, even if there was another moderator acting in the same manner that Lauda has been then i am positive they would be treated in exactly the same way.
Some member did think and probably still do believe that Quickseller is a female, do you think people treat him/her they way they do because of that?

You can feel sorry about the females in my life if you wish, i don't.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
OP was last active 3+ weeks ago Cheesy
Do not worry. I am still finding dirt on Lauda. I know some reasons why Lauda is still on staff, but I think those reasons will go away soon.

We know that you're still here, you've been trolling Lauda with your main account, Quickseller.  Why do you continue with this sockpuppet account attacks even when it just makes you look more dishonest?

Lauda proceeds with her opinion when moderating the board. Lauda does not follow the rules of the board the same way other moderators do. Lauda is not open to ever being wrong or mistaken. Lauda does not understand what it means to moderate the board. Lauda does not bother to explain reasons behind actions in a friendly way. Lauda likes to be abrasive with people she is moderating. Lauda is power hungry.

There are lots of moderators on Bitcointalk, but of course you chose to pick on Lauda, the female moderator. I'm not surprised, this place is the garden of sexism.
Oh that's funny, even if Lauda is female do you really think this subject has anything to do with that, seriously get a life.

This is about the attitude Lauda has as a moderate and while i think it can be a little harsh at times and even in bad taste we are all different and voice our options differently.

It's not a coincidence. I'll retract my statement if you can show me a similar post about a male moderator, with members of the opposite sex consistently bashing him.

I feel sorry for any females in your life, because you are too privileged to see sexism and empathize with them.
legendary

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Don't follow the herd~make your own path
I've read 1 page, pg 17 the last one in this thread.  I want to bash my face if it can help not seeing nonsense.

QS yep reputation even when I was brand spanking new is cautionary at best.  Seeing the cattiness is beyond words Roll Eyes Sending terrorists was an obvious joke gonna get all politically correct hypocritical Snappin bits of a chat is bullshit the entire chat leading up to the bits matters. Don't hate on the truth or those who tell it.  Newbies should see it repeated again n again. Move on with what you got left.

As for the topic, posts I've seen I got no qualms.  This thread topic is childish at best.

gonna go bash my face Sad Angry
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308
Get your game girl
Do not worry. I am still finding dirt on Lauda. I know some reasons why Lauda is still on staff, but I think those reasons will go away soon.

3 weeks is a long break & was worried if u girls have given up fighting by mistake. Just don't forget the password lmao....
You're mistaken.Such audacious fighters need an army of accounts for maximal damage.While one account takes attention on one thread the other account goes offline until the current account is beaten to death by facts and proved wrong contradicting all their posts.Once they realize they have nothing more to rant about,they go back to the other account and try harder on another thread they were earlier whining about.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

3 weeks is a long break & was worried if u girls have given up fighting by mistake. Just don't forget the password lmao....
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
@QS: Soooo lauda is demonstrably guilty of having a cynical, black sense of humor. 

Oh the horror!

Oh the horror!!
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
OFFTOPIC (at least I think discussion about he/she is offtopic)
I dont want to say anything with this post, just commenting on the argument that Lauda is "she". But before I write it, it is total offtopic to discuss about he/she as it does not change anything, accusations are not done differntly to female/male persons.

Holding on such arguments you could filter most women here by using him/her; he/she ... in their posts, by statistics most users who use it are women and the explanation seems to be that its more important for them then for males and on other side it produces more data beside drifting (like supermarkt example) out in discussion if somebody is male or female. Following this logic and what I see on bitcointalk this percentage of males who use it would be marked as collateral damage.

Back to this accusation by name, I am not sure what it should mean, Lauda is female name? Most popular person with this name (only popular that I know) is Niki Lauda

He was also known as the owner of airline discounter Lauda Air which lasted until 2013.

@Lauda
Everybody makes mistakes, even you and if you believe in opposite, there is no need in finding it out by stating such, especially not if you are part of staff, people should not have reason to attack staff and your answer sounds somehow as invitation for those who have too much time and nothing better to do.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

OP is an alt of Quickseller.  He often uses and alt account to start his accusation threads.  Eventually he ends up using the Quickseller account for the attack.  I'm not sure if it's because of some "strategy" if it's just because he forgets to log in and out a lot as he's trying to sockpuppet the thread.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

Grin

Pages:
Jump to: