Author

Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network - page 171. (Read 249434 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
How to mine Qora by POS? Is that just keep the wallet open and running?

Thx!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Activity: 122
Merit: 10
Guy what java version does 25.1 needs? cuz i was using 24 with jre8 without a problem and now with 25.1 It wont start. Is there a logging file to look at the errors?

thanks

Thanks a lot, that helped. The error was that it couldnt find the file data.dat. So I copied from ver 24, change file permissions and added the wallet file too.

Running "updateutil"...

Loaded peers from database,... Connecting to peers...

Well, im gonna wait and see what happens.
Activity: 913
Merit: 664
Guy what java version does 25.1 needs? cuz i was using 24 with jre8 without a problem and now with 25.1 It wont start. Is there a logging file to look at the errors?

thanks

This should work with all java 8. I assume you are using the universal version right?
open a command prompt and run this in your qora application folder:  "PATH-TO-YOUR-JAVA\java.exe" -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -jar Qora.jar
then tell us what error your get.
Activity: 122
Merit: 10

thanks
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
Guys,

I can't fathom why anyone would continue to trade on BTER when YOU have been WARNED repeatedly that it is a SCAM site by numerous members of BTT community umpteen times!

Can confirm.

Bter stole our Qora over 9 months ago and despite harrassing them for 9 months relentlessly they still will not make good and have finally stopped responding to our support request.

It is our belief that Bter has been running a fractional reserve for more than a year.

Many articles were published on our blog about this as well as in Youtube/Disqus comments or anywhere anyone brought up Bter in an attempt to warn unsuspecting users.

We also posted these warning on Bter's site within as many coin reviews as we could during that time.

Do not trade on Bter. Let them die.

Go Qora!!!
Activity: 6
Qora withdraw on Poloniex has not been fixed yet? My withdraw request has been pending for 24 hours.
legendary
Activity: 924
Activity: 386

File-> Quit or if you are using the light-wallet --> Qora-icon in systemtray -> right-click->Exit

Thanks, Skerberus.

It's a little different on a Mac, but I see the similar options.
At least now I know not to click on the red button!
Activity: 913
Merit: 664
Can you help me get this thing running? I last tried with version 18 but had too many issues. Now I think I'm close to getting it running.

On restart, get a message that says "STARTUP ERROR! Network port 9084 already in use!"

Please install version 0.25.1.

To start, try to restart the computer.

Ok, it was 25.1. I should have been more specific.

So after a reboot it's running well and fully synched. If I have to shut it down, how do I do that safely?

File-> Quit or if you are using the light-wallet --> Qora-icon in systemtray -> right-click->Exit
Can you help me get this thing running? I last tried with version 18 but had too many issues. Now I think I'm close to getting it running.

On restart, get a message that says "STARTUP ERROR! Network port 9084 already in use!"

Ok, it was 25.1. I should have been more specific.

So after a reboot it's running well and fully synched. If I have to shut it down, how do I do that safely?
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
I figured it was about time for me to jump into the QORA community, considering we're basically related, being the first to have done a cross-chain transfer together.

Just wanted to let everyone here know that I've started up a CF to be dontated to vbcs in order to help with his ambition in helping implement more towards ACCT and the other AT projects.

vbcs is a wonderful dev, and I don't want to see him lose faith in us, the communities of the coins he's helped, thinking we don't care for him...

I will accept donations in any poloniex coin or BTC and donate every single bit to vbcs!

Here's a shot of what is in the BURST CF AT thus far!

Hope to see much contact to help these devs, starting with vbcs, and moving on to any others in related projects, get these ground breaking technologies implemented, and off the ground! Thank you to all of the amazing developers involved in this team, and BURST, and all AT developers!

Activity: 58
The web wallet that have NXT or XEM  would be much more attractive to new users like me. It is really incredible that the coin with a lot more features then closest competitors is more than 10x cheaper.
Activity: 57

Using Mac OSX 10.9.4
Downloaded and ran version 25.
When I saw how long it would take to sync, I stopped it with Control-C and then clicking the red X on the form.
Downloaded a Data folder from three days ago and replaced the original data folder. Deleted the Wallet folder.

What can I do?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Using Mac OSX 10.9.4
Downloaded and ran version 25.
When I saw how long it would take to sync, I stopped it with Control-C and then clicking the red X on the form.
Downloaded a Data folder from three days ago and replaced the original data folder. Deleted the Wallet folder.

What can I do?

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Solution how to set up a node on Ubuntu Server.

Ubuntu Server 12.04 / 12.10 / 13.04 / 13.10 / 14.04 / 15.05 / 15.10 fresh install.

Code:
sudo su -
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade -y
reboot

Code:
sudo su -
apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk screen unzip -y
cd ~/Qora
java -jar Qora.jar -cli                                        #IF UPDATE
GET qora/stop                                                  #IT GIVES THE ERROR
CTRL+C                                                         #IF UPDATE
cd ~
wget https://github.com/Qoracoin/Qora/releases/download/0.25.1/Qora_v0.25.1.zip
unzip -o Qora_v0.25.1.zip
cd Qora
rm -R data                                                     #OPTIONAL
chmod 777 run.sh
screen -d -m -S qora ./run.sh
That's all. Qora will work in the background.

To check screen qora:
Code:
screen -r qora

To minimize sreen qora:
Ctrl+A D

To get info in console:
Code:
echo "Last block: " && curl http://127.0.0.1:9085/blocks/height && echo -e "\nConnections:" && curl http://127.0.0.1:9085/peers && echo
or
Code:
echo "Last block: " && curl http://127.0.0.1:9090/index/blockexplorer.json?lastBlock && echo

Recommended virtual server with 2GB of RAM and swap enabled.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Now you can make the payment even with the phone, knowing your seed:
http://qora.co.in/light/payment.html

Moreover, seed is not sent anywhere, the signing of the transaction by private key happens directly in the browser.

Very useful indeed. This will make Qora even more versatile for payments anytime anywhere. It is also good for making micro transactions for tipping etc. Now the only thing left to do is to make a Qora wallet for mobile devices like Android and iOS. Just suggesting.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 458
whats the stakerate apr?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
Now you can make the payment even with the phone, knowing your seed:
http://qora.co.in/light/payment.html

Moreover, seed is not sent anywhere, the signing of the transaction by private key happens directly in the browser.

Nice addition!!

Handy & useful.
Jump to: