Author

Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network - page 170. (Read 249434 times)

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510
Looking forward to the atomic-cross-chain transfers. Smiley

Any progress on that?
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055
My qora wallet is still staking after the hardfork, so I guess this one went smoothly.

Congrats and happy hardfork everybody!  Grin
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Last night occurred hardfork. Like all successfully.

The main innovation - a new way of generating blocks, which fixes a vulnerability in Qora. Earlier in the POS system take into consideration the signature of generation bock. Using salt could bruteforce a signature that would have generated a very fast block, even if a very small balance.

Here's the example address generate an inappropriate number of blocks for its balance: http://qora.co.in:9090/index/blockexplorer.html?addr=QhUYVg6Z2986NbxzS1YU2tWWwje3WCmcbZ
Or here: http://mirror.qora.co.in:9090/index/blockexplorer.html?addr=QSjpkcAQukYakKuprQPE4gJBYFoFFS3FWS

Because of this vulnerability, the attacker could take advantage of double spending.

Fortunately, this vulnerability has been fixed.

Here you can look at the smallest balances that were generated blocks. The list is not very accurate, because the account could generate a block in the same block spend coins.
Activity: 939
Merit: 256
Activity: 913
Merit: 664
12 hours left to hardfork. Check that you have updated to version 0.25.1.
0.24.0 and earlier will not work with the current version of the blockchain.
poloniex.com works on 0.25.1.

Whats about Bter? Yes, I know you all hate Bter. But like me there are hundreds of investors stuck there.
They are lost for Qora if there was not find a solution.
I won't download the client if my fund is still stuck in Bter.
And to be honest: I have got out 10'000 Nxt in January from Bter and also Bitcoin.
This exchange is still working despite the bad reputation some have given here.

They never reply to my mails, so if they don't want help there is nothing I can do. They just don't seem to support Qora anymore.
The wallet is working fine so far.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

Whats about Bter? Yes, I know you all hate Bter. But like me there are hundreds of investors stuck there.
They are lost for Qora if there was not find a solution.
I won't download the client if my fund is still stuck in Bter.
And to be honest: I have got out 10'000 Nxt in January from Bter and also Bitcoin.
This exchange is still working despite the bad reputation some have given here.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Hunh? I just posted that because I wanted to follow the new thread and had nothing to say at the time.

Well good your here! If you would like to be on the slack group, just request a invite in this thread! Smiley

Thanks!
14 hours left prior to the hardfork.
legendary
Activity: 1148

Hunh? I just posted that because I wanted to follow the new thread and had nothing to say at the time.

Well good your here! If you would like to be on the slack group, just request a invite in this thread! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 924

Activity: 6
Problem resolved by reinstalling the wallet and re-sync, thanks.
Wallet stops working, what happened? It exits without showing the wallet window.

open a command prompt and run this in your qora application folder:  "PATH-TO-YOUR-JAVA\java.exe" -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -jar Qora.jar
then tell us what error your get.
Activity: 567
Merit: 503
Activity: 6
Wallet stops working, what happened? It exits without showing the wallet window.
How long time i have to wait for sync?

Depends on your machine (2 hours probably). You can speedup the process by downloading the blockchain here http://qora.co.in/?datafolder
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
How long time i have to wait for sync?
How to mine Qora by POS? Is that just keep the wallet open and running?

Thx!

Yes, start the wallet and unlock it once. There is an indicator in the lower right that should say Forging (if your are already in sync) or Forging enabled (if your are currently not in sync)
Jump to: