Author

Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network - page 169. (Read 249434 times)

Activity: 913
Merit: 664
Hi guys
I have downloaded and installed 0.25.1, I'm having problems trying to quit the program. I have used the quit option from menu, however the program just hangs with message about saving data. Any suggestions?  

Cheers Jon  Huh

Edit: I'm running it on  Windows 7 Home  Premium 64-Bit

Is this always happening or only occasionally? It should close after at least 10 seconds. Can you give some more information regarding your system, what cpu do you have?

Are you using the windows version?
Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?
Hi guys
I have downloaded and installed 0.25.1, I'm having problems trying to quit the program. I have used the quit option from menu, however the program just hangs with message about saving data. Any suggestions?  

Cheers Jon  Huh

Edit: I'm running it on  Windows 7 Home  Premium 64-Bit
Activity: 913
Merit: 664
Hi everyone,

Im running 0.25.1 but I have no connections, firewall and router are open. Actually It was working throught the weekend, till today. Any peers I need to add ?

thanks

Did you try to restart the application? Did any exception occur? In windows version there is a error.txt please check it. In universal version the error might be visible in commandline window.
Activity: 122
Merit: 10
Hi everyone,

Im running 0.25.1 but I have no connections, firewall and router are open. Actually It was working throught the weekend, till today. Any peers I need to add ?

thanks
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018
jl777 has finally decided to get a divorce from NXT. This might be a great opportunity for Qora. Can the dev team reach out to jl777 and work with him on his asset passport idea?

This guy is the king of vaporware and bullshit assets associated with such. I hope he stays far away from Qora.

Not true! I've been using jl777's MGW (multigateway) to store a proportion of my bitcoins in secure mutlisig accounts for over a year now. I've also started using the SuperNET lite wallet to access them which takes just a few seconds without any need to download and sync the NXT blockchain. I run it off of a usb, extremely secure and very convenient!! That's not vaporware, and jl777 has literally tens of thousands of lines of completed back-end code now for most of his other projects including InstantDEX and Iguana and Pangea. If you doubt this go and check his github.

What he lacks is GUI devs and people testing, but that's not really his fault, is it. IMO his portable asset protocol between blockchains is a really good idea, and I hope Qora devs consider following the project and participating if possible.

dito. moronic hogwash.

I have been receiving weekly dividends in SuperBTC and SuperBTCD from assets I have, and without running BTC or BTCD wallet I was able to have actual BTC and BTCD sent to my POLO account from the SuperNET Lite wallet.

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
jl777 has finally decided to get a divorce from NXT. This might be a great opportunity for Qora. Can the dev team reach out to jl777 and work with him on his asset passport idea?

This guy is the king of vaporware and bullshit assets associated with such. I hope he stays far away from Qora.

Not true! I've been using jl777's MGW (multigateway) to store a proportion of my bitcoins in secure mutlisig accounts for over a year now. I've also started using the SuperNET lite wallet to access them which takes just a few seconds without any need to download and sync the NXT blockchain. I run it off of a usb, extremely secure and very convenient!! That's not vaporware, and jl777 has literally tens of thousands of lines of completed back-end code now for most of his other projects including InstantDEX and Iguana and Pangea. If you doubt this go and check his github.

What he lacks is GUI devs and people testing, but that's not really his fault, is it. IMO his portable asset protocol between blockchains is a really good idea, and I hope Qora devs consider following the project and participating if possible.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
I can help with a German translation. Smiley
Excellent! I sent you a private message.
Activity: 1039
Merit: 510
Added support for translation Qora into different languages. Ready translation into Russian language. And work has begun on a Chinese translation.
Who wants to translate into their native language?

I can help with a German translation. Smiley
Added support for translation Qora into different languages. Ready translation into Russian language. And work has begun on a Chinese translation.
Who wants to translate into their native language?

And may I ask what projects you have coded/released.........I'm reluctant to be critical of those who do what I cannot.

Cheers Jon  Wink

He hasn't actually released anything afaik except a shitty GUI for the NXT dex. I've actually made several shitty GUIs myself:
https://github.com/jwinterm/lightWallet
https://github.com/jwinterm/kivy-cpuminer
https://github.com/jwinterm/LightWallet2

His main thing is making clone coins and NXT assets, promising some revolutionary tech to hype it, then never delivering. Don't sell yourself short, you can be a scam artist too Wink

Thank you for your reply. Having delivered some tech gives your opinion some cred. As for myself, life's too short waste my time scamming others.

Cheers Jon  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

And may I ask what projects you have coded/released.........I'm reluctant to be critical of those who do what I cannot.

Cheers Jon  Wink

He hasn't actually released anything afaik except a shitty GUI for the NXT dex. I've actually made several shitty GUIs myself:
https://github.com/jwinterm/lightWallet
https://github.com/jwinterm/kivy-cpuminer
https://github.com/jwinterm/LightWallet2

His main thing is making clone coins and NXT assets, promising some revolutionary tech to hype it, then never delivering. Don't sell yourself short, you can be a scam artist too Wink
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
In development is a app for smartphones. For Android and IOS.

Great news!! We were waiting for this!

@Vrontis: take care, thank you for all the hard work you've done for Qora

Cheers Jon  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

Hi guys
Saw you guys got a mention over at BTCD thread..... so just bought some and decided to join the party.....just waiting for wallet to sync.......how many coins needed to forge?

Cheers Jon  Wink
Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

For those not following NXT, I have been divorced from NXT.

https://nxtforum.org/core-development-discussion/nxt-2-0-design/msg210601/#msg210601

The above is my last post in the NXT forum, unless the fNXT plan is revoked. fNXT is not NXT and NXT lifetime is limited, so we will need to migrate the NXT assets to a different blockchain.

Now before you panic, I like to make lemonade out of lemons, so like BC2 led to iguana, fNXT has led to: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/declaration-of-independence-atomic-cross-chain-asset-standard-1372879

A passport system for assets that allows the asset holder to decide the blockchain they want to reside in. While the PoS mechanism is fully protecting the NXT holders as designed, it allows the creation of a hardfork that ignores other parts of the ecosystem, like assets.

This is a problem for any derivative. The core PoS or PoW or PoAnything will only protect the interests of the stakeholders, miners or whatever, that the block consensus algorithm uses. As such the hardfork attack vector is a very real and actual in the case of fNXT hardfork.

So while the PoS ensures that the NXT holders (including SuperNET) will vote for the fNXT hardfork out of their fiduciary duty to maximize revenues, there are no protections for asset holders or issuers. In some sense the PoS worked too well, instead of not well enough and it needs to be weakened.

Does this mean decentralized assets are dead?
Not at all!

This attack vector directly led me to create a solution, namely blockchain independent assets that is blockchain enforced. It does require all participating blockchains to implement an asset passport protocol, but the ones that do will allow for free travel among them.

blockchains with iron curtains that dont allow anybody to come in, still wont be able to prevent assets from leaving as long as there is a burn mechanism. So far all blockchains I have seen have either a direct burn method, or one can be devised.

That means that any blockchain that doesnt support asset immigration, is subject to a oneway outflow to ones that do. This is basically the SuperNET concept applied to assets and iguana tech will build into BTCD the ability to trade against BTC using BTCD's one minute block times but to be able to coldstore idle assets in the BTC blockchain. Even if they are in cold storage, it just means that they cannot be traded and all the dividends they earn will still go to your account.

How does this protect assets from the hardfork attack?
Simple. If an upcoming hardfork threatens your interests, just move to a different blockchain.

Even if a blockchain just increases taxes (txfees) and you want a lower cost blockchain, you can move.

If a blockchain just is slow to create useful tech, you can move to one that does.

By distributing an asset across multiple decentralized (or even distributed) blockchains appears to be the best protection available to derived crypto. The alternative is a new blockchain for each asset using itself as its PoS with blocks generated only when there is a transaction. Private chains are coming, but this seems excessive use of the blockchain "hammer" from the toolkit. And it creates a massive N*N problem of cross chain transactions for all such assetchains.

With asset passports, you just reside your assets where you are most actively using the local blockchain and since trading against the native currency of the blockchain is most efficient (it better be!) you will be able to take advantage of this affinity. But if ever some storm clouds appear, you can simply move to a safer blockchain.

BTC is here to stay. Certainly as the reference currency, but even the tech development pace is starting to accelerate, so this is encouraging for all of crypto. iguana is achieving less than an hour BTC blockchain sync for full 60 GB blockchain, so the problem I used to think was so big a problem is not so big anymore. bitcoin 0.12 supports pruning, so HDD space is also going to be an issue not so important. Most importantly, I will be able to run a bitcoind node on my laptop!

So why not everything BTC? Well if you ever are waiting for a trade to go through, you know that waiting even a minute is a long time. Try waiting 10 minutes. Just not a good experience. So I will make a hybrid system combining the speed of BTCD 1 minute blocks with BTC for long term storage. Trading against BTC should really be a requirement, but not sure if all passport enable blockchains will be able to do this, so it would probably need to be a strong recommendation.

iguana unites all the bitcoin compatibles using technology. It is inching toward completion and we even have a freelancer based GUI dev team now, using fully open source development.

docs.supernet.org shows the API and in spite of the external events that keep happening to cause delays, we still march on. This is a marathon and we will complete it.

James

P.S. Before any NXT holder panics, do not worry, NXT peoples are doing everything they can, literally, to make sure NXT goes up, so it seems pretty likely that NXT price will do just fine. I just have some ideological and technical disagreements and since I have no actual power within NXT, I was forced to move.
In development is a app for smartphones. For Android and IOS.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055
Looking forward to the atomic-cross-chain transfers. Smiley

Any progress on that?

CIYAM: Seeking partners to implement Automated Transactions (AT) as a side-chain
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13983249
Jump to: