Pages:
Author

Topic: Qortal Blockchain Project - DECENTRALIZED WEBSITES NOW LIVE! - page 11. (Read 14319 times)

Activity: 380
Merit: 275
Pictures worth a 1,000 Qort (maybe)
Qortal's biggest failure is that people with level 5 accounts with sponsorship ability almost don't have the ability to promote qortal. Or do not actively promote the growth of the qortal community.
A person with a level 5 account mints 18 times more coins than a level 1 and 2 account.
I think these reasons will make qortal very unhealthy.
I was offered a sponsorship within a few days of participating in the community, so my experience has been different. If it was POW or POS, I'd either have to invest in mining equipment or money in my stake or both. In Qortal's Minting, my only investment is my time & engagement with the community.

Not a bad trade off for no monetary investment, even if I earn 18x less. As each day progresses, the gap between minting rewards slowly narrows. In a sense, this is no different than anything else, the early adopters enjoy the most benefits. Ultimately, time will tell.
Activity: 71
Merit: 2
Qortal's biggest failure is that people with level 5 accounts with sponsorship ability almost don't have the ability to promote qortal. Or do not actively promote the growth of the qortal community.
A person with a level 5 account mints 18 times more coins than a level 1 and 2 account.
I think these reasons will make qortal very unhealthy.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
Does anyone knows the settings for using TOR ?
I don't believe that functionality is available in the projects current state, so there would be no setting for that. Not saying some iteration of TOR like functionality won't be available, just not a priority compared to other desired deliverables. The beauty of Qortal is it is built to support such features and any 3rd party can leverage Qortal to make it happen, if not today in the very near future.

I know we had a Qortal node on the Tor network at one point... I will have to ask dmax about it and get the method of configuration, as I believe he might be the only one to have done it so far.

I will post here once I know the answer.
I don't believe that functionality is available in the projects current state, so there would be no setting for that. Not saying some iteration of TOR like functionality won't be available, just not a priority compared to other desired deliverables. The beauty of Qortal is it is built to support such features and any 3rd party can leverage Qortal to make it happen, if not today in the very near future.
Activity: 42
Merit: 2
Great event!
Activity: 248
Merit: 7
legendary

So do I understand this right. to be a minter you need to get sponsorship from someone who is level 5 in the discord or qchat?

I am not particularly keen on chatrooms or chat servers.

Is there another way to get sponsorship without joining discord or qchat.?

I read your whole announcement.   I actually find this project very interesting.

Yes, initiative must be shown by anyone looking to become a minter on The Qortal Network. Then a continually connected node of any type after an initial bit of interaction with the community.

The easiest way to interact with the community is in the UI, in Q-Chat.

I myself am there a lot, waiting for people that I can then donate QORT to and sponsor. So it really isn't that difficult overall... but yea, you must communicate and show initiative in order to become a minter... that is the only investment required (that and a 5W or higher computer system.)

We don't believe it is that much of an issue to obtain sponsorship, then once you become your own minter, you no longer need to communicate, you simply keep helping the network grow by running your node.

The first time in a while I see pure hard-core developers working with a vision in mind and passion in the heart. Pretty much like Satoshi if you ask me.

Qortal is something else guys. Definitely not the typical, mediocre altcoin. Looking forward to the raffle!  Cool

Thank you brother, your words are appreciated.

Yes, we have been developing Qortal to provide a real, new infrastructure for the world to make use of in any number of ways.

We believe we have a very great starting platform which will only get better as time goes on.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
This is a great project, looking forward to where it goes from here!

So do I understand this right. to be a minter you need to get sponsorship from someone who is level 5 in the discord or qchat?

I read your whole announcement.   I actually find this project very interesting.
Yes, you are understanding correctly. If you want to be a Qortal Minter, you will need to interact with a Level 5 Minter and/or Founder via Discord or Q-Chat.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
The first time in a while I see pure hard-core developers working with a vision in mind and passion in the heart. Pretty much like Satoshi if you ask me.

Qortal is something else guys. Definitely not the typical, mediocre altcoin. Looking forward to the raffle!  Cool

Activity: 33
Merit: 15

QORTAL MINTING SPONSORSHIP & RAFFLE EVENT

As we all know, 2020 has not been the best of years thus far. Launching Qortal just as Covid hit its stride was quite a challenge, however the Qortal Team & Community persevered, kept pushing forward and the outlook for Qortal is better than ever.

[size 15pt]In order to celebrate the community’s achievements and prepare for well anticipated updates (LTC?), the Qortal Founders have put together a special promotion.

On December 26, 2020 @ 10PM EST, the Qortal Team Will Host a Live Streamed Raffle.

Raffle participants will have a chance at winning the following:

- 25 Lucky winners will receive a Qortal Minting Sponsorship-
- The first 500 participants will receive 5 Qort for attending the live streaming raffle-
- 3 Grand Prizes will be given to the top 3 social influencers-

In order to participate, please visit https://join.qortal.org/ now to learn more!
Awesome Community Initiative for everyone to participate in!
legendary
We were unaware of the rule against giveaway posts, EVERYONE PLEASE REMOVE ALL LINKS TO ANY GIVEAWAY POSTS. thank you and apologies to forum admins.
Just reporting to Bitcointalk community all is going well and I am now Level 1 with my own key thanks to crowetic's help Smiley
Congrats! Onward to Level 2 Minter.
Activity: 666
Merit: 516
Fuck BlackRock
Just reporting to Bitcointalk community all is going well and I am now Level 1 with my own key thanks to crowetic's help Smiley
legendary
1.37 was a breeze updated both my windows and mac nodes and everythings working fine. Thanks crow.

Very glad to hear it. Smiley

Been stuck at 40% for the last hour Sad

1.3.6 was at 84% after 2 days. I deleted all the files, rebooted my PC, and it was moving along all day til now. What do I gotta do? My time says its exact

Followed instructions for the bootstrap off of github release page. I will report back. All this for a coin I can't afford buying and probably won't be competitive enough to mint lol. Blockchain looks worth it tho!

There is no 'competition' to mint... did you read the distribution? Every minter shares every block's reward, if they're online and sync'd with a minting key assigned. The level of the minter denotes their share of the reward...

You don't 'compete'... you simply stay online and mint.

I'm on Level 0 I'm dumb as rocks when I try to create a minting key it won't let me. I was donated 11 QORT and I thank you who did that Smiley

I will sponsor you...

In order to become a level 1 minter on Qortal you must FIRST obtain SPONSORSHIP from another minter of level 5 or higher, or a Qortal Founder.

1. You will get the sponsorship key from me, and attach that in 'node management' - 'add minting account' - assign the sponsorship key.

2. You will remain online and synchronized for 7200 online blocks ('blocksminted' in Qortal API call for account.) - once you have done this, you will BECOME level 1 (it will show at the top left of the Qortal UI)

3. THEN you remove the sponsorship key from node management - click it, and input the sponsorship key again when prompted to remove - and CREATE your own MINTING KEY by issuing 'Reward Share' - 'New Reward Share' - 0% - to YOUR OWN PUBLIC KEY (which can be found by clicking the settings toggle at the top right of the Qortal UI where it will show account information)

4. The key that pops up when you issue your reward share 0% to your own public key - is your MINTING KEY - now assign this key in node management add minting account just like you did with the initial sponsorship key.

That's it... you will never again have to change this key, and can continue minting on Qortal.
Fuck BlackRock
1.37 was a breeze updated both my windows and mac nodes and everythings working fine. Thanks crow.

1.3.6 was at 84% after 2 days. I deleted all the files, rebooted my PC, and it was moving along all day til now. What do I gotta do? My time says its exact

Followed instructions for the bootstrap off of github release page. I will report back. All this for a coin I can't afford buying and probably won't be competitive enough to mint lol. Blockchain looks worth it tho!

There is no 'competition' to mint... did you read the distribution? Every minter shares every block's reward, if they're online and sync'd with a minting key assigned. The level of the minter denotes their share of the reward...

I'm on Level 0 I'm dumb as rocks when I try to create a minting key it won't let me. I was donated 11 QORT and I thank you who did that Smiley
legendary

Fuck BlackRock

Pages:
Jump to: