Pages:
Author

Topic: Qortal Blockchain Project - DECENTRALIZED WEBSITES NOW LIVE! - page 7. (Read 14319 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
Grease under my earlobe created a thick pimple right underneath. What were u saying? Wallets, space, storage la-la-la, be-be-be - is this what u are saying? First u dont need to undertake any research activities, Qort chain is smart enough to research u, a human, instead. Its fine that Qort is just a wreath of stink from old mans feet, we dont dare to ask for more while Qort is in this nascent stage. Secondly, that atomic swaps are not yet enabled in Qort engine fizzled out a great many investors, thus do expect dumps.

I was asking a pertinent question. Sincerely, your post doesn't make much sense. The capabilities QORT offer to the public are exactly what we miss in the crypto space. Where else can you trade in a true decentralized manner without having to depend on any third-party server or custody (in the case of centralized exchanges)?

as far as the answer to your question... as it sits right now, with LTC and BTC support anyway, we make use of the Electrum network.

This means we do NOT need full nodes for LTC or BTC in order to have a local wallet, and issue transactions to the network.

Now, in the future when handling a coin that does NOT have electrum support, this may change. However, as of now there is no concern over size... as we do not need a full node for any of the networks that run with Electrum.

Also, to address that very strange reply...

for one... you are incorrect... we DO have working cross-chain trades with BTC... however, if a seller shuts his node down the trade cannot complete, and thus the trade is listed, accepted, then refunded due to the selling party being offline...

This is the exact reason for the development of PRESENCE. PRESENCE will show the response every 30 minutes, of the seller nodes. therefore, we are able to tell if a node hasn't replied during the last round of PRESENCE transactions, and is likely offline. Then, we put a red dot by the sells that are likely offline, so that users no longer accept sells from offline sellers.

This should dramatically improve the scenario wherein a refund is necessary.

Also, with the change to LTC, we get a MUCH FASTER, MUCH CHEAPER network (LTC network over BTC) to deal with, and therefore we will have trades that are CHEAPER THAN CENTRALIZED EXCHANGES.

We firmly believe the improvements will be VERY NOTICEABLE, and LTC market will really kick things off...

If this then says people will dump... I think that's the silliest response to a dramatic improvement and new version I have seen in quite a while, but to each their own I guess.
Activity: 380
Merit: 275
Is there a faucet to be able to get started with minting?

My address is Qf1v4KyrEeKVUDLzQbZ2eRXaodTwnJVyuT

Your help is much appreciated!

No faucet as Minters are vetted by humans. I suggest joining the discord and engaging the community. You can also reach out using Q-chat in UI and lastly go to https://join.qortal.org
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Is there a faucet to be able to get started with minting?

My address is Qf1v4KyrEeKVUDLzQbZ2eRXaodTwnJVyuT

Your help is much appreciated!
hi, I'm syncing the blockchain for 2 days now, but I'm still only at 53%..
Is there a faster way to get up to date?

If you have downloaded the latest version of the core then you could bootstrap faster by
downloading the latest bootstrap database
https://github.com/Qortal/qortal/releases/download/v1.3.9/db-v1.3.9-233404.zip

from the latest releases:
https://github.com/qortal/qortal/releases

The procedure is following:
1) stop your node
2) rename or delete the existing db folder in your qortal folder
3) create empty db folder in your qortal folder
4) unpack the database into this folder
5) restart your core node

If you are on windows you can find the localtion of the qortal folder
by typing into the run terminal the following envarinmet variable %localappdata%

Start -> Run -> (then type %localappdata%) and it will open the qortal folder

If you are on linux then you know already how it works Wink

If you need more help or info let me know.
I hope it will work for you!

Thanks for your help!
Activity: 1106
Merit: 534

If you have downloaded the latest version of the core then you could bootstrap faster by
downloading the latest bootstrap database
https://github.com/Qortal/qortal/releases/download/v1.3.9/db-v1.3.9-233404.zip

from the latest releases:
https://github.com/qortal/qortal/releases

The procedure is following:
1) stop your node
2) rename or delete the existing db folder in your qortal folder
3) create empty db folder in your qortal folder
4) unpack the database into this folder
5) restart your core node

If you are on windows you can find the localtion of the qortal folder
by typing into the run terminal the following envarinmet variable %localappdata%

Start -> Run -> (then type %localappdata%) and it will open the qortal folder

If you are on linux then you know already how it works Wink

If you need more help or info let me know.
I hope it will work for you!

legendary
please don't feed the trolls.

-[Announcement]- Qortal Core and UI updates

Qortal Core version 1.3.9

Core update with a few little bugfixes and preparation for LTC in version 1.4.0.

auto-update pushed today, if you are sync'd and you don't have auto-updates disabled, you will update automatically on all platforms.

you can see a blog post I made here about the updates

Linux and Mac users will have to update to 1.3.2 UI manually. Windows should auto-update both core and UI. Everyone should auto-update core unless they have auto-updates disabled.

https://qortal.org/index.php/2020/12/30/qortal-updates-core-version-1-3-9-and-ui-version-1-3-2/

See post for specifics.

The next updates after these, will include the LTC Trade Portal, 3 local wallets (BTC, LTC, and QORT), PRESENCE transactions for Trade Portal sells, and much more.

Very excited about all that has been accomplished recently, applause to the Qortal dev team, looks like 2021 may be the year of Qortal.

out standing work crowetic , keep it up

Thank you, but I can hardly take the credit, the awesome Qortal Community, and Team have been GREAT.

I look forward to this year with great anticipation.

Happy 2021 from Qortal Team!

What is the price of this coin at the moment? 2 satoshi or 3?

Hah...

The prices initially before the scam exchange came in, were 1-3 dollars per coin. Since the BTC Trade Portal didn't work out as expected due to being slow and too many refunds from offline sellers...

The REAL PRICE will come when LTC is added to the mainnet.

But I don't ever expect to see 2 satoshi... lol... not with 1.1 million coins in circulation.

Also, with the change to LTC, we get a MUCH FASTER, MUCH CHEAPER network (LTC network over BTC) to deal with, and therefore we will have trades that are CHEAPER THAN CENTRALIZED EXCHANGES.

That's a great incentive for people who trade on shady unregulated, centralized exchanges and not only..

Looking forward to some tokenomics for QORT, though. Don't get me wrong, the QORT blockchain and network is already offering innovative tech solutions that no one else has. Could be a game-changer, but I'd like to see some ways to leverage QORT holdings and boost its value? Bitcoin is a scarce asset by design which is the main value-driver besides being used as a payment method. Maybe the data-hosting and liquidity provider features will have an important role in the ecosystem?

Great work and excited to be here!  Wink

Yes, many new services, and plugins for the UI, will be coming to allow more use cases for QORT itself.

First we're looking to have a liquid cross-chain market with LTC, establish a price, and go from there.

Many other services both from the core team and others will begin to show themselves in the near future. I'm sure of that.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

That's a great incentive for people who trade on shady unregulated, centralized exchanges and not only..

Looking forward to some tokenomics for QORT, though. Don't get me wrong, the QORT blockchain and network is already offering innovative tech solutions that no one else has. Could be a game-changer, but I'd like to see some ways to leverage QORT holdings and boost its value? Bitcoin is a scarce asset by design which is the main value-driver besides being used as a payment method. Maybe the data-hosting and liquidity provider features will have an important role in the ecosystem?

Great work and excited to be here!  Wink
Activity: 14
Merit: 2
What is the price of this coin at the moment? 2 satoshi or 3?
Activity: 40
Merit: 7

Core update with a few little bugfixes and preparation for LTC in version 1.4.0.

auto-update pushed today, if you are sync'd and you don't have auto-updates disabled, you will update automatically on all platforms.

Linux and Mac users will have to update to 1.3.2 UI manually. Windows should auto-update both core and UI. Everyone should auto-update core unless they have auto-updates disabled.

https://qortal.org/index.php/2020/12/30/qortal-updates-core-version-1-3-9-and-ui-version-1-3-2/

See post for specifics.

The next updates after these, will include the LTC Trade Portal, 3 local wallets (BTC, LTC, and QORT), PRESENCE transactions for Trade Portal sells, and much more.

Very excited about all that has been accomplished recently, applause to the Qortal dev team, looks like 2021 may be the year of Qortal.

out standing work crowetic , keep it up
Activity: 653
Merit: 11
Qort in one picture:

lol, tell us how you really feel.

Giving your money away to a scammer who was sued for $200,000 over equipment he never delivered and decided to disappear so he wouldn't have to pay the people he stole the money from.

Research into Burstcoin and how crowetic scammed people out of their money in his city. He was sued for $200k which up to this point he is still trying to pay.

See post for specifics.

legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018
Qort in one picture:

looks like he lost the access to lemonandfriesone - prly because his therapist made him burn the pw or s.t. like that.

he has been doing this for years now all over the crypto space and now that the therapy has failed he needed to increment the counter.

never mind the moron, spreading corrosion to damage other peoples work is a mental derangement syndrom. These people are sick.

legendary

See post for specifics.

Qort in one picture:

legendary
-Announcement- LTC and PRESENCE on Qortal testnet - will be opening to community testing today!

As above notes, we are testing LTC and PRESENCE on the testnet now, and I will be opening it up to community testing as soon as few finishing touches are done on the UI.

I will provide a fully pre-configured testnet node, with a sync'd chain (or close) as well as a pre-compiled pre-release version of the UI, that users will be able to run with yarn and node.js installed on their system.

Also, version 1.3.8 is a hotfix version for the stuck block 212936 issue, if you're already past that block, you don't need to worry about updating to 1.3.8, but if you're not, and you are stuck on 212936, the update will fix the issue, and/or the bootstrap I provided in Discord a while back.

Version 1.4.0 will be the release that contains LTC and PRESENCE, after testing on the testnet, we will push it out.

Grease under my earlobe created a thick pimple right underneath. What were u saying? Wallets, space, storage la-la-la, be-be-be - is this what u are saying? First u dont need to undertake any research activities, Qort chain is smart enough to research u, a human, instead. Its fine that Qort is just a wreath of stink from old mans feet, we dont dare to ask for more while Qort is in this nascent stage. Secondly, that atomic swaps are not yet enabled in Qort engine fizzled out a great many investors, thus do expect dumps.

I was asking a pertinent question. Sincerely, your post doesn't make much sense. The capabilities QORT offer to the public are exactly what we miss in the crypto space. Where else can you trade in a true decentralized manner without having to depend on any third-party server or custody (in the case of centralized exchanges)?

as far as the answer to your question... as it sits right now, with LTC and BTC support anyway, we make use of the Electrum network.

This means we do NOT need full nodes for LTC or BTC in order to have a local wallet, and issue transactions to the network.

Now, in the future when handling a coin that does NOT have electrum support, this may change. However, as of now there is no concern over size... as we do not need a full node for any of the networks that run with Electrum.

Also, to address that very strange reply...

for one... you are incorrect... we DO have working cross-chain trades with BTC... however, if a seller shuts his node down the trade cannot complete, and thus the trade is listed, accepted, then refunded due to the selling party being offline...

This is the exact reason for the development of PRESENCE. PRESENCE will show the response every 30 minutes, of the seller nodes. therefore, we are able to tell if a node hasn't replied during the last round of PRESENCE transactions, and is likely offline. Then, we put a red dot by the sells that are likely offline, so that users no longer accept sells from offline sellers.

This should dramatically improve the scenario wherein a refund is necessary.

We firmly believe the improvements will be VERY NOTICEABLE, and LTC market will really kick things off...

If this then says people will dump... I think that's the silliest response to a dramatic improvement and new version I have seen in quite a while, but to each their own I guess.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

Activity: 33
Merit: 15

Here is my review of qortal

https://youtu.be/yxru8apsL9c    Grin

if you can leave a like that will boost my video and more people see qortal.

plus i get more views  Grin
Very detailed review, great job.

thanks Lynnx good luck with the project i hope it does well for all involved.  Cheesy
Activity: 50
Merit: 27
     However, what is not a rumor is that this user has used the same face and real name in the crypto space for what is working on the better part of a decade.

That is the opposite of shady.
Activity: 653
Merit: 11
Pages:
Jump to: