Pages:
Author

Topic: Qt Bitcoin Trader [Open Source secure trading client for Mac/Windows/Linux] - page 68. (Read 383267 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Not sure if this is just me, since I cant find anyone else post this issue I am assuming so:

I am using v1.07.94 [BETA], everything seems to work fine except for My Orders Log, and Last Trades which are blank. They work for your last stable release v1.07.01, just not 94

I'm on MTGOX trading in BTC/AUD.

Any help is appreciated, and thank you for such a great bit of open software!
legendary
Activity: 1035
Merit: 1065
TIP for all versions:
For correct work your system time required to be synchronized with time server.
legendary
Tested on Mac and it working well. But you are not first who have this problem.
This is permission problem.
Give full rights to this directory /Users/YourName/.config/QtBitcoinTrader

Okay, so I can see how settings not getting written would cause this. ~/.config/QtBitcoinTrader doesn't exist, so am I supposed to change permissions on ~/.config/ ? Change to what exactly?

Also, this permissions issue is likely because this is not how preferences/application settings are supposed to be stored on mac osx. The correct directories would be ~/Library/Preferences or ~/Library/Application Support/

I'll move this folder to ~/Library/Preferences soon.
legendary
I'm using your latest version v1.07.94 in Win7

When I try to add or modify a rule and then I click the "Add Rule" button this message show up:

"Qt Bitcoin Trader has stopped working.
Check online for a solution and restart the program
Restart the program"

Previous version (v1.07.93) without problem for me.

I'll fix it soon. Thank you for report.
Activity: 391
Merit: 250

When I try to add or modify a rule and then I click the "Add Rule" button this message show up:

Restart the program"

It is a bug, yes. For the moment, try to disable the rules (all of them) before modifying. After you modify, reenable and it should work.
Activity: 31

Okay, so I can see how settings not getting written would cause this. ~/.config/QtBitcoinTrader doesn't exist, so am I supposed to change permissions on ~/.config/ ? Change to what exactly?

Also, this permissions issue is likely because this is not how preferences/application settings are supposed to be stored on mac osx. The correct directories would be ~/Library/Preferences or ~/Library/Application Support/
Activity: 55

Restart the program"

Activity: 47
Important!:

I have seen at least 5 people on reddit and forums saying that QT Bitcoin Trader doesn't work because Key and Secret are rejected, if you are experiencing this problem do one of two things:

Easy way: Do not copy your keys directly from bitstamp to QTBT, first copy your keys elsewhere (Word, Notepad, StickyNote), and then copy and paste from there to QTBT.

Guaranteed way: Typing your credentials instead of copy/pasting, be sure you typed them correctly, it may take a while to do but once you have done that your credentials should not be rejected.

Good luck!

Ighor may i suggest you to stick this on your main post? While you fix it on the code.

Can you please confirm is it works well on v1.07.94?

It didn't work me on v1.07.94
legendary
Important!:

I have seen at least 5 people on reddit and forums saying that QT Bitcoin Trader doesn't work because Key and Secret are rejected, if you are experiencing this problem do one of two things:

Easy way: Do not copy your keys directly from bitstamp to QTBT, first copy your keys elsewhere (Word, Notepad, StickyNote), and then copy and paste from there to QTBT.

Guaranteed way: Typing your credentials instead of copy/pasting, be sure you typed them correctly, it may take a while to do but once you have done that your credentials should not be rejected.

Good luck!

Ighor may i suggest you to stick this on your main post? While you fix it on the code.

Can you please confirm is it works well on v1.07.94?
legendary
If you cannot create profile, it maybe profile folder permissions problem.
Profiles folder is here: ~/.config/QtBitcoinTrader and you can give write rights to fix it.
For Windows profile folder is here: %localappdata%/QtBitcoinTrader

Program is vary stable now, and I'll release v1.08 within a week I think.
Awesome program i will donate as soon as i get it running.

Im having a problem with a bitstamp profile.  I enter my API keys, create a profile password and name the profile. After this screen it asks me to decrypt my api keys on default profile (the profile i created does not show up in the drop down), so i enter my password hit ok and it shoots me back to the create a profile screen.

What is the problem?

Thank you
It happened to me as well. After you enter the details, close it, open it, enter them again if needed and it should work.
Activity: 25
Awesome program i will donate as soon as i get it running.

Im having a problem with a bitstamp profile.  I enter my API keys, create a profile password and name the profile. After this screen it asks me to decrypt my api keys on default profile (the profile i created does not show up in the drop down), so i enter my password hit ok and it shoots me back to the create a profile screen.

What is the problem?

Thank you
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Bitfinex API is stable and they have TWICE the trade volume of BTC-e

I'll add all most popular exchanges in Qt5 release. So if Bitfinex is so popular, it will be added too.
But first I'll release v1.08 Qt4 Stable version.

Hey, I know you strive for perfection, but you really need to release. 1.08 doesnt have to be perfect, and software never will be.
You need to take the plunge and release. Then you can focus on Qt5.

Smiley

I agree with Ighor on this one. Stability comes first. I feel that we are close to a stable enough version though. But speaking of Bitfinex, it won't be such a simple addition, if you want to be able to have access to Margin Trading account as well... It also has stop loss type orders, which Qt Trader does not have at the moment, so Ighor will have to do a little more customizing work to add it.

But I feel would be a great addition.

And speaking of Bitfinex, why do you need it so much, btcdrak? For rules? I'm a long time user of Bitfinex and so far I'm happy with it's web interface.

But it is pretty stable already... Programmers seek perfection, but it never comes... there will always be bugs. You have to prioritise.

I'll add all most popular exchanges in Qt5 release. So if Bitfinex is so popular, it will be added too.

Hey, I know you strive for perfection, but you really need to release. 1.08 doesnt have to be perfect, and software never will be.

Smiley

I agree with Ighor on this one. Stability comes first. I feel that we are close to a stable enough version though. But speaking of Bitfinex, it won't be such a simple addition, if you want to be able to have access to Margin Trading account as well... It also has stop loss type orders, which Qt Trader does not have at the moment, so Ighor will have to do a little more customizing work to add it.

But I feel would be a great addition.

And speaking of Bitfinex, why do you need it so much, btcdrak? For rules? I'm a long time user of Bitfinex and so far I'm happy with it's web interface.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

legendary
v1.07.94

Critical bug on Ticker fixed affected all exchanges.
Performance improvement.
legendary
v1.07.93 Beta Released!

Critical bug fix when app crashes after order canceled.
Added French translation.
Fixed bugs in BTC China.
Fixed Bitstamp All In amount.
Minor fixes.

Tried beta 93 - still impossible to create a profile or save any API data on Mac (using BTC-E). Fill out all fields, hit ok - get sent to profile window asking for password (but my profile i just made isn't there, only default). Enter password anyway, jumps back to blank profile editor.

Is anyone using this on a mac??

v1.07.93 Beta Released!

Critical bug fix when app crashes after order canceled.
Added French translation.
Fixed bugs in BTC China.
Fixed Bitstamp All In amount.
Minor fixes.

Tried beta 93 - still impossible to create a profile or save any API data on Mac (using BTC-E). Fill out all fields, hit ok - get sent to profile window asking for password (but my profile i just made isn't there, only default). Enter password anyway, jumps back to blank profile editor.

Is anyone using this on a mac??
RG
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Tested new version, now i can set Open Orders with no problem, thank you!

Currently it shows price you can buy or sell, not price others buy and sell.
Long time ago it was swapped, but peoples wrote to me and tell it is wrong.

So, please all of community, tell me. Mast I swap this values or not?

Fair enough

lets take for example http://bitcoin.clarkmoody.com/
where buying price is the current offer for purchase of bitcoins and selling price is current offer should you wish to buy bitcoins

i occasionally trade in traditional stock online and this is the same way the data is presented there  

the order book shows it this way but looking at the order book and market data box at same time seems like they should be the same.

maybe its me. anyway, good work.
Pages:
Jump to: