Pages:
Author

Topic: Qt Bitcoin Trader [Open Source secure trading client for Mac/Windows/Linux] - page 69. (Read 383267 times)

legendary
Activity: 1035
Merit: 1065
v1.07.93 Beta Released!

Critical bug fix when app crashes after order canceled.
Added French translation.
Fixed bugs in BTC China.
Fixed Bitstamp All In amount.
Minor fixes.
legendary
great program.

I agree with earlier post about putting a moving sell price rule as a % of current price .

also,

your market data section is counter intuitive
MARKET BUY price should show what the market is currently offering to purchase
MARKET SELL price should show what the market is currently offering to sell held bitcoins.

you have it backwards and sell price is showing what market is currently offering if you were to sell, which is wrong.

Currently it shows price you can buy or sell, not price others buy and sell.
Long time ago it was swapped, but peoples wrote to me and tell it is wrong.

So, please all of community, tell me. Mast I swap this values or not?
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
great program.

I agree with earlier post about putting a moving sell price rule as a % of current price .

also,

your market data section is counter intuitive
MARKET BUY price should show what the market is currently offering to purchase
MARKET SELL price should show what the market is currently offering to sell held bitcoins.

you have it backwards and sell price is showing what market is currently offering if you were to sell, which is wrong.
legendary
Apologies but I have no idea what to put into the Client ID section - can anyone help me out?

This is Bitstamp Login (5 digits).
I don't know why, but it required for API requests.
None of other exchanges used login in building hash.

But it works safe, match safer then previous version of Bitstamp API.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Apologies but I have no idea what to put into the Client ID section - can anyone help me out?
legendary
Now comes the problem/issue.
I should be left with $9.89 - $4.98 = $4.91, just as Qt Bitcoin Trader thinks. However, even if the page at https://www.bitstamp.net/account/orders/ shows an existing order valued at $4.98, if I go to https://www.bitstamp.net/account/balance/ I see the following:
"USD in open orders:$4.99
Total USD amount:$4.90"

So this is why when I put another bid, using the All In button that calculates $4.91 remaining, i get the following message:
"API Error: You need $4.91 to open that order. You have only $4.9 available. Check your account balance for details. ReqType:306"

Editing that into $4.90 works.

I have also tested this with other amounts, values, and seems all you have to do to fix this is substract once cent for every existing open bid from the total remaining balance. For instance, with 4 opened bids, Qt Bitcoin Trader thinks I have 4 cents ($0.04) more in my remaining account that I actually have, according to Bitstamp.

I hope this helps.

Good description. Thank you. Are you sure there is only 4 cents?
I'll fix it to substract once cent for opened bids. Is there substraction or addition for asks required?
Can you confirm it with large amount? (I think there maybe some % required instead of cents. But need to test).
legendary
Identification required to access private API.
Please enter valid API key and Secret.
Please try to enable "Trade" and "Info" righs for this API pair.
If it not helps. Please generate new API keys and recreate profile.

Can you confirm is this helps? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3502188
If not, please send me debug file.

Sound alerts (beeps) still not working for me on latest BETA 1.07.92

Tell me your OS and PM me, we will fix it.

Bug?
Symbol selection appears to be greyed out and disabled for Btc-e trading.  Is this a QT thing or a BTC-e thing?

Symbol selection become disabled while you have active rule running. Currently monitoring of many currencies at time is not supported. But I'll work on it.

Request:
It would be nice to have a way to update the rules based on current rates...this would give a more stable "safety net" for traders if the bottom falls out why we're afk...everybody has to sleep sometime you know?

Example:
IF Market Sell Price < X then Sell ALL at current Market Sell Price
X = Market Buy Price - $2.00

If this was in place, the rule would keep following upward trends and "lock in" a sell price just behind the Buy Price as the prices climb.

Script language is currently on development. You will be able to do this when it released.

you should look into adding MSC (mastercoin)

i think there is some code on github already which you can  leverage (but still in development & testing phases)

http://mastercoin-explorer.com/order_books

if you have questions about how it works feel free to ask, but I have a feeling that it will prove to be very useful for users of this trader in 2014

PM or email me with description how it works.

Ighor may i suggest you to stick this on your main post? While you fix it on the code.

Thank you. Done.
RG
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Important!:

I have seen at least 5 people on reddit and forums saying that QT Bitcoin Trader doesn't work because Key and Secret are rejected, if you are experiencing this problem do one of two things:

Easy way: Do not copy your keys directly from bitstamp to QTBT, first copy your keys elsewhere (Word, Notepad, StickyNote), and then copy and paste from there to QTBT.

Guaranteed way: Typing your credentials instead of copy/pasting, be sure you typed them correctly, it may take a while to do but once you have done that your credentials should not be rejected.

Good luck!

Ighor may i suggest you to stick this on your main post? While you fix it on the code.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
you should look into adding MSC (mastercoin)

i think there is some code on github already which you can  leverage (but still in development & testing phases)

http://mastercoin-explorer.com/order_books

if you have questions about how it works feel free to ask, but I have a feeling that it will prove to be very useful for users of this trader in 2014
Activity: 540
Merit: 500
Sound alerts (beeps) still not working for me on latest BETA 1.07.92
Activity: 14
Bug?
Symbol selection appears to be greyed out and disabled for Btc-e trading.  Is this a QT thing or a BTC-e thing?

Request:
It would be nice to have a way to update the rules based on current rates...this would give a more stable "safety net" for traders if the bottom falls out why we're afk...everybody has to sleep sometime you know?

Example:
IF Market Sell Price < X then Sell ALL at current Market Sell Price
X = Market Buy Price - $2.00

If this was in place, the rule would keep following upward trends and "lock in" a sell price just behind the Buy Price as the prices climb.
Activity: 126
Identification required to access private API.
Please enter valid API key and Secret.
Please try to enable "Trade" and "Info" righs for this API pair.
If it not helps. Please generate new API keys and recreate profile.

401 Unauthorized

I got this error on btcchina.. API keys are fresh..

LOG =
------------------
2013-11-06 16:11:47 LVL:2
Request timeout: 3299>3000
------------------

------------------
2013-11-06 16:11:49 LVL:2
API Error: 401 Unauthorized
 ReqType:204
------------------

------------------
2013-11-06 16:12:03 LVL:2
Request timeout: 3014>3000
------------------

------------------
2013-11-06 16:12:06 LVL:2
------------------

------------------
2013-11-06 16:12:10 LVL:2
Request timeout: 3298>3000
------------------

------------------
2013-11-06 16:12:13 LVL:2
------------------

------------------
2013-11-06 16:12:15 LVL:2
Invalid depth data:401 Unauthorized

------------------

------------------
2013-11-06 16:12:15 LVL:2
API Error: 401 Unauthorized
 ReqType:111
------------------

================
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003
v1.07.92 Beta Released!

Added last 10 min trades bids volume percent indicator.

What does the percentage represent?
 (Nice work on the recent upgrades!)
Activity: 391
Merit: 250

Still not fixing the problem, but this time I have the debugger, which should help.

Ok, so, starting with this screenshot:

You can see the initial testing amount. $9.89 total. Press All In, it bids all at $100 per coin. After taking the 0.2% commission, it bids for an effective of $9.87.
All good so far.

Going forward. See this next screenshot:

Suppose I now make a bid for only $5 at $100 per coin. It takes it, and after the 0.2% commision, it bids for an effective $4.98 (or 0.0498 BTC) as seen in the picture.

Now comes the problem/issue.
I should be left with $9.89 - $4.98 = $4.91, just as Qt Bitcoin Trader thinks. However, even if the page at https://www.bitstamp.net/account/orders/ shows an existing order valued at $4.98, if I go to https://www.bitstamp.net/account/balance/ I see the following:
"USD in open orders:$4.99
Total USD amount:$4.90"

So this is why when I put another bid, using the All In button that calculates $4.91 remaining, i get the following message:
"API Error: You need $4.91 to open that order. You have only $4.9 available. Check your account balance for details. ReqType:306"

Editing that into $4.90 works.

I have also tested this with other amounts, values, and seems all you have to do to fix this is substract once cent for every existing open bid from the total remaining balance. For instance, with 4 opened bids, Qt Bitcoin Trader thinks I have 4 cents ($0.04) more in my remaining account that I actually have, according to Bitstamp.

I hope this helps.
Activity: 31
first time using mac v1.07.92 beta-

open software, starts with api and secret fields , passwords for profile - I fill everything out (for BTC-e) and hit ok.

Then I'm taken back to the "Data Password Protection" screen, only profile showing is Default Profile (though I gave mine a name). When password is entered, takes me back to same api key and secret page, but with all fields empty again. Done this 3 times in a row. Fill all fields, hit ok, but can't get anywhere....

Would seem nothing is being saved?
legendary
I already test it, i still can't get to post a open order : P it just does nothing after i click accept on the the "are you sure?" message.

on v1.07.92 press Ctrl+Shift+D or ALT+Shift+D. Debug window will open.
Then press Buy button. On debug window will be displayed test, copy it and send to my email.
RG
Activity: 151
I already test it, i still can't get to post a open order : P it just does nothing after i click accept on the the "are you sure?" message.
legendary
legendary
v1.07.92 Beta Released!

Fixed trades history currency sign bug.
Fixed All In bug, when order was not opened.
Added Debug mode (Press Ctrl+Shift+D to see log and traffic).
Fixed depth swap button.
A lot of bugs fixed.
Added last 10 min trades bids volume percent indicator.
Interface and performance optimizations.
Added BTC China API v1.1 support.
Added hotkeys Ctrl+B (Buy) Ctrl+S (Sell) Ctrl+H (Hide) Ctrl+T (On top) Ctrl+N (New window)
Improved stability and performance.
Fixed Mac OS performance issues.
Pages:
Jump to: