Pages:
Author

Topic: Question about the secret exponent. Fresh out of can - page 4. (Read 713 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 4
i won't stop untill i find it before someone else because i saw that people drain adresses like mine with balance in it, which for me can be double edged sword if someone drain it i can find the person legally, but if noone try to, im sticking to ian coleman tool with big hopes to find the priv key.

if you don't know the private key then ian coleman is not going to help at all. also, no one is going to drain your address. if that could happen then bitcoin would be broken.

Can i ask why coleman tool wont help, because i found a way to derive adresses starting with or similar to mine im looking for, can say i see glimpses of hope. Also yes im aware it's very minimalistic chance, but still what else should i do, i can't just ditch them and move on after i found out i have a survived and untouched adress in the chain
Activity: 1036
Merit: 350
i won't stop untill i find it before someone else because i saw that people drain adresses like mine with balance in it, which for me can be double edged sword if someone drain it i can find the person legally, but if noone try to, im sticking to ian coleman tool with big hopes to find the priv key.

if you don't know the private key then ian coleman is not going to help at all. also, no one is going to drain your address. if that could happen then bitcoin would be broken.
Its just the hash in hex form starting with 00, base58check shows my adress name
Then the "secret exponent" is the RIPEMD-160 hash of a public key, potentially. Is it 50 characters long as well?

but i do it online and in in the browser version?
You don't risk anything from revealing that hex beginning with "00", but just in case: you should always do everything related with this whole business in an offline machine, preferably air-gaped.

You think gonna show diff results if i download it from the repository and run it offline? Because now it shows completely different things
There's not gonna be a difference.

Where did you find this hex again? Wallet software doesn't ever tell you to save that.

Before my farm was destroyed, i had 13 wallets, easy to remember the adresses at least them i did not forget, and i just browse around and found an old archive in github written by me how people can withdraw their bch fork, stating my adress then, and decided to see with the hope that is untouched, fortunately it wasn't, from there i simply calculated the hex, i know its just the public key, but i thought there are tips and tricks or anything that can lead me to getting acces again, unfortunately no. So here i am still lookin for the privkey, long story short, i won't stop untill i find it before someone else because i saw that people drain adresses like mine with balance in it, which for me can be double edged sword if someone drain it i can find the person legally, but if noone try to, im sticking to ian coleman tool with big hopes to find the priv key.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 6415
Farewell, Leo
Its just the hash in hex form starting with 00, base58check shows my adress name
Then the "secret exponent" is the RIPEMD-160 hash of a public key, potentially. Is it 50 characters long as well?

but i do it online and in in the browser version?
You don't risk anything from revealing that hex beginning with "00", because it's highly unlikely to be a private key (considering the above), but just in case: you should always do everything related with this whole business in an offline machine, preferably air-gaped.

You think gonna show diff results if i download it from the repository and run it offline? Because now it shows completely different things
There's not gonna be a difference.

Where did you find this hex again? Wallet software doesn't ever tell you to save that.
What does your secret exponent look like? How many characters does it have? What character set does it use (hex, Base58, etc.)? What are the first two characters? Why do you even think it is called the "secret exponent" in the first place? Did you have it written down somewhere?

Have you tried entering it in the "secret exponent" box on https://brainwalletx.github.io/ (downloaded and ran offline)? What results did you get?

Its just the hash in hex form starting with 00, base58check shows my adress name, but i do it online and in in the browser version? You think gonna show diff results if i download it from the repository and run it offline? Because now it shows completely different things
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18503
What does your secret exponent look like? How many characters does it have? What character set does it use (hex, Base58, etc.)? What are the first two characters? Why do you even think it is called the "secret exponent" in the first place? Did you have it written down somewhere?

Have you tried entering it in the "secret exponent" box on https://brainwalletx.github.io/ (downloaded and ran offline)? What results did you get?
legendary
Activity: 4186
Merit: 4385
Yes thats for sure, i just red in some forums that this can help, so im trying everything, im sure that even in ian coleman site chances to bump to the adress is bigger than reversing the privkey, but i see someone chose to put it for sell also in big pile of adresses, i just hope i get to it faster than someone else, because i still have chance now, but this thought of someone else getting it before me haunts me because i will be empty handed and with tons of lost time which im running out anyway. But if its my fate, i dont believe in fate, but still, it is what it is.  Smiley

dont worry about the (FAKE) sale of addresses
those are scams

if they could grab the value from addresses. they would do it themselves.. not try seling addresses

those scams dont have access to private keys. they are instead idiot newbies just selling public addresses to other idiots newbies that dont know about bitcoin.

Yes thats for sure, i just red in some forums that this can help, so im trying everything, im sure that even in ian coleman site chances to bump to the adress is bigger than reversing the privkey, but i see someone chose to put it for sell also in big pile of adresses, i just hope i get to it faster than someone else, because i still have chance now, but this thought of someone else getting it before me haunts me because i will be empty handed and with tons of lost time which im running out anyway. But if its my fate, i dont believe in fate, but still, it is what it is.  Smiley
legendary
i want you to save yourself time
again you cannot reverse engineer the true private key from the public address...

there are more computations to force than there are grains of sand in the universe if you tried backward engineering. even if it was a project of trying 100,000 attempts a second for the rest of your life and then passing down to your offspring and then your descendants, after 2 millenia later, they wont be any closer

lets give an example
saoshi(bitcoin inventor) has a bitcoin address of coins that the address was used a few times thus generated signatures to pull out the public key and other things.. yet. 14 years later.. no on has been able to backward hack those funds.
and thats with many many people trying and many years trying.

thats the beauty of bitcoin its not backward hack-able

the only option if the hardware from years prior is destroyed. is to re-enact your life from years ago. remember the way you thought about things. the hobbies and interests. the room you were in. what things your eyes seen and mind thought about that would later that fateful day of making the wallet would have come to mind that day to have created that wallet

list(on paper for you to see) all your hobbies, interests, girlfriends names, pet names. songs, books, games. inspirational messages. favourite foods, drinks. everything you can think of that as a 24yo you would have considered to MAKE a wallet. and re-enact the process as if you are doing it the first time. see what comes to mind

its the only way.

if you can think of just some of it. try some of those combinations. as that is atleast a more possible route then reverse engineering a public key.
the odds are more in your favour re-engineer the initial events leading towards the past wallet creation process.. the odds are against reverse engineering from the final public key

dont get too obsessed or stressed about it. if the funds have not moved yet(government found private key) i doubt they have it to move it now. so dont think about stressing self and worrying to need to solve it right away, do it calmly and patiently when you have spare time. the coins are not going anywhere so you have time. and plenty of it

its not something you might solve in a weed(unless you already know most of the words initially used). it may take a longgg while.
but instead of being a project you hand down as inheriters to attempt to force. the odds are less than that by working forward from your hobbies/interests and whatever you would have envisioned as a easy rememberable phrase back then
Im aware of that, im just confused what is exactly secret exponent, because they way i did its the simple explanation how the adress names are made, both show the adress, nothing more, if im not wrong its 51 characters in length, when i do base58check, shows just the adress name

you do not have the "secret"(private key)
what you are describing as your "secret" is not what the bitcoin community call a private (secret)

what you have managed to reverse is not the private key you have just reversed from public address(human easier readable) to public KEY(less human readable)

yes converting public key to public address shows address.. but its not the part that comes before the ECDSA cycle which would be a TRUE "secret"(private key)

you cant reverse the public key (you personally call secret but its not) to become the TRUE secret(private key).

if you used a brain wallet years ago.
then im afraid you have to try and revisit your memories of events playing out in the past to try to re-enact the day you made the wallet. or find the device that was used and hope some IT guy can repair the device to retrieve the data

yep im afraid you will have to interrogate your brain. are you someone that would have backed it up. EG engrave brainwallet in metal and bury it in garden.
store it in a bank safety deposit vault. underlined certain words in your favourite book, etc

instead of just trying to remember a brain-phrase

imagine you are 24 again. and making a brainwallet for first time.
what were your interests. what subjects, hobbies and wors would you have back then thought "thats easy to remember because"

dont try remembering the phrase. .. try to remember the subjects of interest at 24 that you would have thought about when making the wallet that you would as a 24yo thought that would be easy to remember

EG if your obsessed with music back then. would you have as a 24yo been inspired to brainwallet a lyric

Brother, thank you for the exquisite answer, brought much memories really, i will work on this. I did tried some phrases i haven't, unluckily didn't work, but no joke, im amazed how your answer reached parts of my brain. But still 24yo my brain was like 50yo. Everything was made like I'd do it now at this age, i had big plans for the future, was sure that btc will blow, i had if im not wrong 13 wallets, ironically the adress start with 13,so i can work on this string too. I won't give up untill im back into the wallet, it is my last and only wish and opportunity to rebuild all that i missed and lost. Thank you man, wishh you to climb over every mountain and share it with your beloved people. Sorry just got me emotional, im bit traumatised still, there is nothing to repair from what was, everything was brutally smashed and seized.. But i have hope.
legendary
Im aware of that, im just confused what is exactly secret exponent, because they way i did its the simple explanation how the adress names are made, both show the adress, nothing more, if im not wrong its 51 characters in length, when i do base58check, shows just the adress name

you do not have the "secret"(private key)
what you are describing as your "secret" is not what the bitcoin community call a private (secret)

what you have managed to reverse is not the private key you have just reversed from public address(human easier readable) to public KEY(less human readable)

yes converting public key to public address shows address.. but its not the part that comes before the ECDSA cycle which would be a TRUE "secret"(private key)

you cant reverse the public key (you personally call secret but its not) to become the TRUE secret(private key).

if you used a brain wallet years ago.
then im afraid you have to try and revisit your memories of events playing out in the past to try to re-enact the day you made the wallet. or find the device that was used and hope some IT guy can repair the device to retrieve the data

yep im afraid you will have to interrogate your brain. are you someone that would have backed it up. EG engrave brainwallet in metal and bury it in garden.
store it in a bank safety deposit vault. underlined certain words in your favourite book, etc

instead of just trying to remember a brain-phrase

imagine you are 24 again. and making a brainwallet for first time.
what were your interests. what subjects, hobbies and wors would you have back then thought "thats easy to remember because"

dont try remembering the phrase. .. try to remember the subjects of interest at 24 that you would have thought about when making the wallet that you would as a 24yo thought that would be easy to remember

EG if your obsessed with music back then. would you have as a 24yo been inspired to brainwallet a lyric

here you go: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Technical_background_of_version_1_Bitcoin_addresses
see if that makes sense. Shocked
there is no simpler explanation.

Yes exactly, this is the way i done it, i red some places that this secret exponent is somehow way to the private key, idk how, but anyway i diid it and still only thing that it helps me is to check my adress name, so its not in use in my case because my pubkey do the same and its listed in blockchair, but in the corrupted brainwallet, if u put this secret exponent it supposed to get u closer to ur address name, and from there i can get my wif code, but no results..

https://brainwalletx.github.io/#generator

This

here you go: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Technical_background_of_version_1_Bitcoin_addresses
see if that makes sense. Shocked
there is no simpler explanation.
Thats why i assume its just a pub key, but i know that inside the adress is the private key also the public, they're asymmetrically connected if im not wrong which is very likely to be wrong, i missed a lot even tho i still did my best to not lose all the strings with the crypto, had hope that one day maybe i can be again into the endless loop of codes and cryptos all that. Sorry i will rephrase, my secret exponent is the riped160 hash with the checksum behind.

you cant go from public key to private key. by design. neither can you reverse a ripemd hash.

Thats why i assume its just a pub key, but i know that inside the adress is the private key also the public, they're asymmetrically connected if im not wrong which is very likely to be wrong, i missed a lot even tho i still did my best to not lose all the strings with the crypto, had hope that one day maybe i can be again into the endless loop of codes and cryptos all that. Sorry i will rephrase, my secret exponent is the riped160 hash with the checksum behind.

you cant go from public key to private key. by design. neither can you reverse a ripemd hash.

i have the secret exponent but how to use it properly?
Check out this topic that contains all the existing formats of private keys that are commonly used. What you have should look like one of them in order for it to be a "secret exponent". If it doesn't look like any of them, you are confusing what you have with a private key.

Thank you very much, i need to add that my equipment is limited only by smartphone, but i see there is python for mobile only, also to add the secret exponent so called idk why, its the 00 riped sha1 hash that converted in base58 shows my adress name. Thats why i assume its just a pub key, but i know that inside the adress is the private key also the public, they're asymmetrically connected if im not wrong which is very likely to be wrong, i missed a lot even tho i still did my best to not lose all the strings with the crypto, had hope that one day maybe i can be again into the endless loop of codes and cryptos all that. Sorry i will rephrase, my secret exponent is the riped160 hash with the checksum behind. Its really confusing, but I'd do everything that's possible without harming other people adresses and keys, to regain mine, like I did say i spend my days scrolling in ian coleman, guess if i search for 1 particular adress whose archives shows me writing here about things, and explaining how to mine, more precisely block 100,and how to get the forked bch, in couple forums, even there is one in the github archive in raw version, me couple other adresess and the coinbase, if I remember correctly they did the transactions, i can see my adress there both in btc and bch format, lets say i was kinda in depth back then, but now far away from what i used to know, things changed. I will read the whole post still of course, like I said its my chance to get my life back for a second time.

pS.
Also i have to mention that if it wasn't my aunt Ruzha Ignatova, with her bullshit Onecoin and her ponzi scheeme, i would be happy living now, but it is what is, plus nnoone of the thiings written on the net fir her are true, she's still somewhere with her huge amount of coins.. But she dissappeared, for sure alive and free
legendary
Activity: 3402
Merit: 10424
i have the secret exponent but how to use it properly?
Check out this topic that contains all the existing formats of private keys that are commonly used. What you have should look like one of them in order for it to be a "secret exponent". If it doesn't look like any of them, you are confusing what you have with a private key.
from my understanding the so called secret exponent is just the public key?
No the "secret exponent" is referred to the private key not the public key and you need it in order to be able to spend the coins.

Im using brainwallet even tho we all know what we know about this.
IN that case you have to remember the exact passphrase you used to create that brainwallet and then try to find the same brainwallet tool you used back then to recreate the key.
This is probably the tool (or rather the copy of the tool you used), download the repository and run it preferably offline: https://github.com/brainwalletX/brainwalletX.github.io/

I swear i tried everything possible to remember even part of it, but i can't, i had couple adresses, like main ones, which i do remember but they're dead, this one isn't so different but i try so hard even with psychodelics i was suggested by my psychiatric in case it work, only had a unpleasant trip..i have the secret exponent but how to use it properly? I read in the web that is somehow possible to be in hand, but how.. Should I rinse the hash more and add more and repeat?
legendary
Activity: 3402
Merit: 10424
from my understanding the so called secret exponent is just the public key?
No the "secret exponent" is referred to the private key not the public key and you need it in order to be able to spend the coins.

Im using brainwallet even tho we all know what we know about this.
IN that case you have to remember the exact passphrase you used to create that brainwallet and then try to find the same brainwallet tool you used back then to recreate the key.
This is probably the tool (or rather the copy of the tool you used), download the repository and run it preferably offline: https://github.com/brainwalletX/brainwalletX.github.io/
yall can't imagine my feelings when I found out the adress is still alive..
addresses with balance stay on the blockchain forever. balances don't get erased.  

Thanks in advance, im not really a newbie but, from my understanding the so called secret exponent is just the public key? Im using brainwallet even tho we all know what we know about this. Tldr, can the secret exponent help me in any way?

if you know the private key to the address then you can spend the bitcoin.

Oh you're the smart one, if i knew the private key wouldn't ask for help, also only adresses stay, but the btc i had in the couple adresses are gone, because in my country it was still illegal, no matter we're in EU, they do sent em for government use or lets say, they stealed from me for their personal good.

Also trust me i spend years trying to remember parts of them even, but its hard, i mean im smart, but my memory isn't this good. And when they rushed my apartment like im damn criminal smashing all 20 cpus i lost around 1 to 3k btc back then, the rest are in 2 adresses, idk how they missed them, one have 75btc,the other some dust
Pages:
Jump to: