Pages:
Author

Topic: Quit Facebook - page 17. (Read 1853 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
January 30, 2018, 07:13:11 AM
It has been almost a year already since I decided to stop using facebook. Tell you what, It feels great not seeing all these showbiz personalities, the faces of these stupid politicians, the drama etc...Would you quit facebook?, just try it and I assure you of one thing and that's "Reality".

No! Facebook is part of almost all campaign. Facebook is very useful for everyone but we might have different views. We are modernized right now ang Facebook is one useful thing.
Activity: 229
Merit: 10
January 30, 2018, 07:05:45 AM
Good decision you can spend that time another useful work like cryptocurrency. It is valuable than surf around facebook
Activity: 29
January 30, 2018, 07:05:17 AM
It has been almost a year already since I decided to stop using facebook. Tell you what, It feels great not seeing all these showbiz personalities, the faces of these stupid politicians, the drama etc...Would you quit facebook?, just try it and I assure you of one thing and that's "Reality".

Last month I was on the brink of quitting the facebook, so much political opinion on my news feed. The only thing stopping me is I will lost contacts of client. My dilemma is my business thrive in FB because I'm a reseller. 
Activity: 70
January 30, 2018, 05:59:56 AM
When im stuying facebook helps me a lot cause with it communicating with classmates is very easy. Sometimes professors posts the activities on facebook so without one it's hard. But now that im working i dont really use it that much, so yeah im also considering quitting facebook.
Activity: 96
Merit: 11
Cryptologist
January 30, 2018, 05:56:18 AM
I removed myself from FaceBook for more than 2 years and it was great, no friends and family showing me their lunch and checking in at airports. Since I started with crypto I started using FB again (alias) to connect to like minded crypto supporters.

FB is the early steps for the cryptoheads to get into the crypto space. I love connecting to like minded people supporting a common goal - crypto.
Activity: 84
January 30, 2018, 05:39:23 AM
For me I dont quit facebook,  because facebook is the way to introduced bitcoin to other people. 
Activity: 406
Merit: 121
January 30, 2018, 04:47:24 AM
I will not quit facebook because i got many good friends because of facebook. Even i got my gf from facebook Tongue
Activity: 70
January 30, 2018, 04:44:16 AM
This has been one of the best decisions i made back in 2016. Reality will be great than the fake shows in FB or any other social media.
Activity: 182
Merit: 102
January 30, 2018, 04:39:34 AM
I think you have done right thing of quitting FaceBook. Because once you get connected with your Facebook friends you will realize how frequently you open Facebook and also spend so much time in commenting, viewing other’s pictures, playing games or doing other stuff. Many people know drawbacks of using Facebook but can’t stop using it.

Many people use Facebook day and night without thinking how much time they have wasted on it, and that they could have done more important work during that time
Activity: 1274
Merit: 115
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 30, 2018, 04:34:34 AM

Frankly, there are times when I deactivate my Facebook account just to take a rest from the social media world, because there are times that it affects me. That's why I feel that it is not really healthy to use Facebook every time, perhaps every now and then. Of course, messenger is not included because it is quite helpful.
Activity: 196
Merit: 3
Soycoin is the future "stablecoin"
January 30, 2018, 01:18:18 AM
I can say I am not that addicted to facebook. I can go on without facebook for weeks. Whenever i dont like to see the posts of certain friends, especially the ones i really envy, i avoid this social media for a while or when i feel to down or depressed, or if i see myself doing shopping/window shopping again i stop using facebook. i dont like to totally stop using it because it's the only communication i have to my others friends and lots of relatives. Maybe it's just the way we use and the way we see facebook. It's not really bad, i just depends on how we use and see facebook.   
Activity: 252
January 30, 2018, 01:08:19 AM
Though facebook contributed greatly to the problem of every nation but it's important can't be over emphasis. It still have it's own benefit such as exposing one to happenings in other parts of the world, meeting new people every day and so on
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
January 30, 2018, 12:39:08 AM

Wow 1 year,congratulations. I prefer deactivating my FB account cause it consumes a Lot of my time just browsing and almost end up upset and frustrated with the achievements of other people feel quite inscecure. Lately I activated it again for I am incharge of search a venue for our team building . Almost all resort are found in FB . But after this Ill deactovate it again because i enjoy less stress life.

I tend to migle and have quality time chatting with real existing human beings. Other than here in forums there are no other websites im checking on. Haha
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
January 29, 2018, 11:38:25 PM
To quit Facebook is everyone's choice... it's your choice..if it for your best... for your own good... then do it.. but still other cannot live without it, because it's already part of their life and daily routine..yes we cannot control what to pop up in our account may it be politics, society and even entertainment news but we can control our response and reaction to it.. just take what is good and beneficial and and leave and don't mind those things that you think will affect your life and work..
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
January 29, 2018, 07:15:01 PM

I can't and not gonna quit! Facebook is one of the great platforms that we have now in promoting alternative coins or all of the cryptocurrency, as Facebook has so many users and it is a good source of news for the crypto community too. not all the dramas but facebook keep us updated also every day and even with our friends.Just block people and newsfeed you don't wanna see.
Activity: 126
January 29, 2018, 05:24:44 PM
For me i don't quit using facebook honestly I can not live without my wallet my phone with internet connection with this it helps me for lessen my stress
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
January 29, 2018, 03:32:19 PM
Your emotion and facebook have not any connections... Sorry, it is your mind)
Activity: 700
Merit: 254
January 29, 2018, 02:14:20 PM

It's true that sometimes facebook sometimes is not good because it's a way for people to posts different kinds of news, even sharing pictures and videos that are to violent. However, facebook can also be informative. You can actually adjust your facebook setting to filter the things that you want to see. It's also good to avoid using facebook because some people are really addicted on facebook because people wanted to have the feeling of being connected and they think that having a lot of friends on facebook is also the same as having friends in real life.
Activity: 30
Merit: 2
January 29, 2018, 01:36:42 PM

You can adjust your feed to see exactly what you want.

Let me know when there is an alternative to FB for keeping in touch with old contacts...

For old contacts I have ICQ.
Many people already do not know what it is. Also on a par with Facebook, there are many social networks, but facebook allocates a global level - it unites people from many countries, which is its main advantage. The same Google+ and close did not approach Facebook and it is unlikely to do so ever.

I am using facebook maybe once a week and thought sometimes about it to close that account. However I am stuck on the problem you are describing above. I have been a bit around the world and do have many contacts which I like to contact from time to time. It was also the reason I started using facebook the first place when people abroad asked me about it since it wasn't so popular in my place.
If there is in near future any good alternative to stay in contact easily I definitely gonna close my facebook account. Any recommendations are welcome...
Activity: 40
January 29, 2018, 01:21:34 PM
Allow me to congratulate you, because you have lost a lot of dependence. Began to have more free time.
Pages:
Jump to: