Pages:
Author

Topic: Quit Facebook - page 18. (Read 1853 times)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10
January 29, 2018, 12:37:23 PM
It has been almost a year already since I decided to stop using facebook. Tell you what, It feels great not seeing all these showbiz personalities, the faces of these stupid politicians, the drama etc...Would you quit facebook?, just try it and I assure you of one thing and that's "Reality".
I'm more lucky I never stayed there. Therefore, and you do not need to throw anything)))
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
January 29, 2018, 12:37:00 PM
I quit Facebook for a little over a year, and I completely agree with you. Living life with out constantly checking in on all of the fake BS that people were sharing was a bit freeing. But ultimately I came crawling back because I needed it to keep in contact with people to schedule a class reunion. So, ultimately, Facebook always wins.
Activity: 476
Merit: 107
January 29, 2018, 12:36:38 PM
Facebook is full of dramas, fake news, negative vibes and only give problem that gives headaches to users. If there are only other alternative platform to contact and communicate with my old friends and old classmates,i will not use facebook. Any suggestions? Cheesy
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
January 29, 2018, 12:30:52 PM
Everything related to internet ties you to Facebook, so its like  almost not posimple to actualy quit  Facebook, that's why is another kind of 'drug'

Yes it is another kind of drug because it is really addictive.  Some relationships are destroyed by facebook because it is just a click away to some people.  Many links are likewise connected to facebook that is why it is the most used social media site.  I will try to avoid using facebook. 
Activity: 74
Merit: 1
January 29, 2018, 12:23:41 PM
Everything related to internet ties you to Facebook, so its like  almost not posimple to actualy quit  Facebook, that's why is another kind of 'drug'
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
January 29, 2018, 11:25:57 AM
Well, the nature of my life is biased on using social media accounts. I especially use facebook in order to remain connected with my friends. I simply just know how to filter everything I am reading in order to avoid hoax and fallacies.
That's true, there is some ways for us to avoid things that we don't like to see like to avoid hoax and fallacies. Social media is also helpful for those who are in a relationships that is far from each other. Communication is the best thing we can do with social media.
Activity: 308
Merit: 17
January 29, 2018, 05:02:31 AM
It has been almost a year already since I decided to stop using facebook. Tell you what, It feels great not seeing all these showbiz personalities, the faces of these stupid politicians, the drama etc...Would you quit facebook?, just try it and I assure you of one thing and that's "Reality".

You can adjust your feed to see exactly what you want.

Let me know when there is an alternative to FB for keeping in touch with old contacts...

For old contacts I have ICQ.
Many people already do not know what it is. Also on a par with Facebook, there are many social networks, but facebook allocates a global level - it unites people from many countries, which is its main advantage. The same Google+ and close did not approach Facebook and it is unlikely to do so ever.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
January 29, 2018, 03:41:13 AM

I personally enjoy FB.
Thanks to FB I can find my ''old'' friends from school or home city, 20-30 years ago see how they live, their family photos Smiley
Of course I don't like spamming, ads etc.

Same with you i found my old friends and relatives that long time ago we dont have comunication.i cN communicate also my family that lives in other country.but i dont follow or add friends that i dont know personaly i dont follow celebrities also:)
Activity: 532
Bountyhive.io
January 29, 2018, 02:22:32 AM
Since I can adjust my feed and decide what I want to see and what I don't want to see. I can't quit facebook because I decided to use it to make me happy and not put my emotions in somethings I can't change
Activity: 742
Merit: 101
January 29, 2018, 01:18:14 AM

Well it's still for us to handle and manage out emotions towards the negativity of public posts that we see in facebook. It depends on how we deal with it after all. As we see such things , we can ignore it and focus and positive things. It is still useful to communicate witg our loved ones of for emergency purposes.
Activity: 406
CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10
January 29, 2018, 01:15:52 AM
If you quit Facebook for the sake of your own peace of mind and quiet life it would not be a problem. If you want to do it, for some reason that is okey you can make the most out what you see in your account you can either use it to motivate you to become a better a person that you want to be and also to help others but if it becoming more wearisome to some extend and make you miserable then quit.
Activity: 434
Merit: 18
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
January 28, 2018, 07:36:29 PM
I admire your decision to quit facebook and I still recommend that you keep doing that. To be honest, facebook is something that we can live without. I don't know about the others, it seems like they spent more time on facebook than taking care of themselves. I hate to say it, but I know someone who was a victim of facebook addiction. Because of his addiction, he's unable to to do something more important than facebook and just can't stop himself from going online and check stuffs on his facebook account.  I know facebook keep us connected even if we are thousand miles apart but there should be limitations.
Activity: 116
January 28, 2018, 06:34:47 PM
Well, the nature of my life is biased on using social media accounts. I especially use facebook in order to remain connected with my friends. I simply just know how to filter everything I am reading in order to avoid hoax and fallacies.
Activity: 98
January 28, 2018, 03:27:55 PM
I was a really addict facebook user but since I started taking interest in cryptos, I left facebook for good and I usually login once in 2 weeks. That really saved my time and i m happy with it.
Activity: 181
January 28, 2018, 03:19:47 PM
maybe i will not leave facebook because a lot of my friends are using facebook and i am affiliated with them just pass here
Activity: 47
January 28, 2018, 12:36:24 PM
I use it only in extreme cases or to discuss something important with someone I have not seen for a while and otherwise I do not even remember Facebook.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
January 28, 2018, 10:45:28 AM
Okay, quit Facebook but don't force everybody to quit Facebook like you do, they are using Facebook with their social media campaign and they are earning bitcoins or altcoins because of Facebook. It is up to you if you don't like to see stupid politicians and some dramas in Facebook. Maybe you just read a lot that's why you always read a lot of drama's with Facebook. You can still don't read what you don't like to read about dramas.
Activity: 504
January 28, 2018, 10:37:20 AM
I slowly quitting facebook now. I only open my account once a week just to look whether a friend contacted me or relatives. I am also tired of seeing tje selfies of other people that they post daily.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
January 28, 2018, 10:27:01 AM
I only open it to check if I have online contacts and that's also where we do video chats (they're rather old school folks). But other than that, meh. I don't even follow my friends' and family's posts that much. I do check out the local news and go copy+paste ninja, opening the article and posting the content right in the comment section.

"Fake news" is a big thing in my country and because of Zuckerberg's free access scheme, the site has been used for propaganda. People on "free data" can only see headlines and comments and that's where trolls profit from. For the mainstream media, they can always come up with clickbaity headlines. For the paid trolls, they can just saturate the comment sections with lies and the people can't check for themselves. I've even seen trolls saying that the article was saying so and so and the poor people will have no way to confirm.
At this juncture, I will say that i am very much addicted to Facebook and because of it, I am not even watching any news at all because i am getting all the news and information i need right on Facebook and its the best way to stalk people.

And that's why it has become dangerous. Even when people can open the "news" articles on FB, many of those are of dubious origins, many just blogs from anonymous users. And then there's the favorite circular referencing. Mainstream media, for all its shortcomings, is still much easier to hold liable for their mistakes than some unknown people hiding behind a laptop.

FB has recently gone under fire in my country for deleting a newspaper's editorial cartoon that they have posted on their FB page. Like Google, FB has become powerful enough to affect our worldview by choosing only what to show us.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
January 28, 2018, 07:55:17 AM
I have the feeling that the people of my age (25 - 35 yo) are using less and less facebook. I keep using messenger from facebook; But I barely never open facebook from my computer or my mobile. I keep it to chat with my friends. But I agree that there are too much useless information on your feed
Pages:
Jump to: