Pages:
Author

Topic: [RADS] Radium - Decentralized Identities, Custom Assets, Elections, and More! - page 10. (Read 579105 times)

Activity: 160
Merit: 10
Finally, Rads getting a little Love from the exchanges, The value of Radium POS coins is really mounting up.
The "Korean"  exchange UPBIT went to over 3.00 per Radium coin for a time yesterday, A small market cap would indicate there is lots of room to grow.

Compare your Rad wallet balance with a block explore

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/rads/
copper member
Activity: 120
Merit: 0
Shahab| Validity Tech
Enjoy the summer while earning $RADS staking rewards for helping secure the network!  🏖️

radiumcore.org #pos #proofofstake #fintech #crypto #blockchain #passiveincome
copper member
Shahab| Validity Tech
Hello!

Please update to v13.1.3

Previous 13.x.x versions have a fee calculation bug that can cause your wallet to fork.

https://github.com/RadiumCore/radiumXT/releases/tag/v13.1.3

Thanks!

Justin Jacobeen.
yes! thanks
Activity: 671
Merit: 501
Blockchain and stuff
Hello!

Please update to v13.1.3

Previous 13.x.x versions have a fee calculation bug that can cause your wallet to fork.

Thanks!

Justin Jacobeen.
copper member
Shahab| Validity Tech
🥁 We promised the community and we delivered, the latest version of Radium XT now includes a Staking Reward Tracker/Staking Report!

Download page:

Happy #staking everyone!

radiumcore.org #pos #proofofstake #fintech #crypto #blockchain
Activity: 671
Merit: 501
Blockchain and stuff
Hello everyone!
Today is Aug 10, 2020

I have been away from BCT for far too long.  Recently I have spent most of my time in the telegram and discord channels, but I wanted to take a few moments and say hi to everyone here as well!

Today we just released an update to the RadiumXT wallet. The core of the update is a new staking rewards tracker, that shows your estimated rewards, and real rewards over the past day, week, month, and year. Please let me know if you find it useful!

Earlier today, we had a small fork on the network.  It was related to how the RadiumXT wallet (13.1.0) dealt with header spam. The new wallet was being overly strict, and banned most of the older 1.5 clients, causing network segregation leading to the fork. 

The fork was noticed and brought to my attention within about 2 hours, at which time I turned off the header spam protection on our seed and syncing nodes.  These 8 nodes were then able to act as a bridge between the two separate sections of the network. After some time, the wallets on the incorrect fork were able to download the blocks of the real fork, and then reorganized back to the correct chain.  In order to prevent the issue, we have disabled header spam protection in the 13.1.2 client by default, as well as tweaked some of the other banning related parameters.  There are no changes to the chain consensus rules, but rather small changes in the way the wallets talk to one another.

During this process we were in contact with our various exchange partners, who have also confirmed the network has stabilized. They have also confirmed there were no adverse effects of the fork, and all operations will continue as normal.

Much of my focus the past months has been learning about the .13 codebase that the new wallet uses. I want to say special thanks to the Blackcoin for their willingness to collaborate on several issues affecting both of our wallets. We were able to work together to fix a memory leak issue related to our shared staking implementation.

Now that our network is stable and our wallet is significantly improved, I plan to shift focus back to the 2nd layer, SmartChain.  SmartChain is what differentiates Radium from the many other coins that exist, and I have neglected its development for far too long.  My first goal is to release a SmartChain that can run locally, allowing independence from the online web version. 

Please reach out with any questions or comments.
Be safe and wash your hands!

JJ12880

copper member
Activity: 112
It Looks like Radium is making a move.
  Good times coming

Yeah good volumes in Asian markets lately. We might enter a bull market soon.  Radium has been in oversold conditions for a while now, at some point the pendulum will swing the other way indeed. 
It Looks like Radium is making a move.
  Good times coming
copper member
Shahab| Validity Tech
👉🏻Why you should upgrade to Radium XT:

✅Fewer orphan blocks
 ✅Decreased memory usage
 ✅Decrease in CPU usage
 ✅More stable staking experience
 ✅GUI improvements

https://github.com/RadiumCore/radiumXT/releases/tag/v13.1.0

radiumcore.org #pos #proofofstake #fintech #crypto #blockchain
copper member
The website is currently down.  There was a storm last night that damaged the fiber cable so our data center is down atm.  We'll have it fixed asap.
copper member
Shahab| Validity Tech
🇰🇷 우리는 인식을 전파 할 수있는 한국인 커뮤니티 관리자를 찾고 있습니다. 한국어와 영어를해야합니다.

We are looking for a Korean community manager who can spread awareness. You need to speak Korean and English.

radiumcore.org #proofofstake #fintech #crypto #blockchain
copper member
Old client loses inputs regularly. Balance is inflated falsely.
The balance doesn't get inflated though as the orphans don't count in the balance.  An orphan is a found block that gets rejected by the network because someone else found the block a bit faster than you and they get the reward which will be added to their balance not yours.

The balance bug was never seen before new client had been released. Visible balance increases from time to time in old client by input size (~600 coins).
It is unclear whether staking power rises too really or not. I tried zapwallettxes command before balance became inflated enough to notice difference in mined block amount per day.

Ah yes, I know what you're talking about now.  I've seen that bug in the old client as well.  It was an issue with the wallet though as on the blockchain the balance is always correct.  Restarting the old wallet usually sets the balance correct again. 

I haven't seen that bug in the new client.
Activity: 172
The balance doesn't get inflated though as the orphans don't count in the balance.  An orphan is a found block that gets rejected by the network because someone else found the block a bit faster than you and they get the reward which will be added to their balance not yours.

The balance bug was never seen before new client had been released. Visible balance increases from time to time in old client by input size (~600 coins).
It is unclear whether staking power rises too really or not. I tried zapwallettxes command before balance became inflated enough to notice difference in mined block amount per day.
copper member

But it's exactly one of the reasons why we put efforts in developing a better and superior client so people don't get many orphans.  I suggest you upgrade to the new client:

https://github.com/RadiumCore/radiumXT/releases/tag/v13.1.0  
Activity: 200
Merit: 1

If the old client doesn't work for you for some misterious reasons, why don't you upgrade to a new client? Undecided
Activity: 172
copper member
Shahab| Validity Tech
That's great news, will any we get any pairings to ETH in the near future?  Will you guys put these updates on block folio? Just feel this coin has so much to offer, we just need to get the word out.

near future will come up with new pairs may be
copper member
My new Radium wallet works like a champ, I must get 10 to 15% more blocks, great job with the latest update.
Read all about it at  https://radiumcore.org/

Said differently: you don't lose that many as before because orphan rate decreased significantly with the latest update and new client.  So yeah you're right, thanks for the feedback btw!
My new Radium wallet works like a champ, I must get 10 to 15% more blocks, great job with the latest update.
Read all about it at  https://radiumcore.org/
copper member
That's great news, will any we get any pairings to ETH in the near future?  Will you guys put these updates on block folio? Just feel this coin has so much to offer, we just need to get the word out.

There's a RADS/ETH pair on Livecoin and one on Graviex. Unfortunately those markets don't have any liquidity at this point.  One of the bigger exchanges might potentially open an RADS/ETH pair, but the volume and liquidity on Rads should increase first before they'll do that so yeah we need to get the word out about Rads and spread awareness.

If you track RADS on blockfolio then you should see the notifications about the updates normally.
Pages:
Jump to: