Pages:
Author

Topic: Ranking up is possible! 2900 Merits earned in less than 12 months!My 11 Hints! - page 17. (Read 9061 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 167
Nice work! At this rate you'll be a hero/legendary member in no time Wink

I've gotten 60 merits posting on and off (started as a full member before merit was introduced) - you're taking it to the next level cruising to almost 500 already!
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
Rewrote a few passages and i added reference to the great  [GUIDE] Bitcointalk forum etiquette Thread!
Activity: 291
Merit: 105
Love is all
I saw many posts where people arguing about that ranking up is so hard after merit implemente. I am not agree with that even I am also a newbie and I found that big members are searching a post to give a merit but they did not find a good post. OP already described many points what you need to do for ranking up. I would like provide you few more points as I think if you follow then you can definitely increase your rank.

1 :- Be honest with forum
2 :- Keep increasing your knowledge
3 :- Improve your writing skills
4 :- Helping other person in the forum
5 :- If possible report useless or meaningless post to the forum moderator
6 :- The most important point is follow all the rules and regulations of the forum.
7 :- Only concern about improving yourself
8 :- Don't waste your time in bounty and make garbage, Offcourse if you can find good deal then you can do but it's shouldn't your priorities.

So I think if you follow all above suggestions then you dont need to worry about ranking up your profile.
Activity: 82
Merit: 27
https://www.dago-mining.com
Corollary: Quote politely: bad quoting can worsen the reading experience of other users.  Quoting the whole message to answer only a specific part below, or answer a few question all below the quoted text are bad practices. This is something not related to this forum specifically, so you might already know about what I am saying here. If you don't please get used to best quoting practice reading one of the many good guides out there, like this one.
Thanks for making me more conscious about this. It's a habit I fell into due to laziness, will work on overcoming it and doing it right.
Doubt anyone wants to dig trough quote walls to get to an opinion.
Also, congrats on making it this far!
legendary
It isn't recommend for everyone to start a merit giveway thread. You can give smerits to deserving members if you search through other giveway threads or pay close attention to started threads and replies of the targeted range of ranks you intend helping by meriting their quality contributions. Most active meriters don't have giveways threads take beginner and help board as an example. View 3rd image on Beginners & Help – sMerit Distribution Summary
It is personal approach, but whatever approach will always be good if users finish their purposes well by distributing their sendable merits to deserved threads/ posts. Merit give-away threads have their own advantages due to focusing on narrow range of user ranks or concentrating on specific areas (mining, forum issues, and so on). Of course, such merit give-away threads also have their own disadvantages if they don't have detailed and strict rules for applicants. Because people might do some pseudo-constructive things and apply to steal sendable merits from merit-give-away topics' authors.

It is the same as merit source applications: someone think that they have to be a merit source to have better ability to help forum users (with allocated merits for sources); someone don't care about that, they simply distribute their sendable merits that they get from their contributions.

Generally, it depends on personal perspectives.
Exactly. I wanted to start a merit giving thread to focus on something I can relate more.
What I cannot relate to is users telling me what to do, provided I am not against forum rules or well established customs.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
It isn't recommend for everyone to start a merit giveway thread. You can give smerits to deserving members if you search through other giveway threads or pay close attention to started threads and replies of the targeted range of ranks you intend helping by meriting their quality contributions. Most active meriters don't have giveways threads take beginner and help board as an example. View 3rd image on Beginners & Help – sMerit Distribution Summary
It is personal approach, but whatever approach will always be good if users finish their purposes well by distributing their sendable merits to deserved threads/ posts. Merit give-away threads have their own advantages due to focusing on narrow range of user ranks or concentrating on specific areas (mining, forum issues, and so on). Of course, such merit give-away threads also have their own disadvantages if they don't have detailed and strict rules for applicants. Because people might do some pseudo-constructive things and apply to steal sendable merits from merit-give-away topics' authors.

It is the same as merit source applications: someone think that they have to be a merit source to have better ability to help forum users (with allocated merits for sources); someone don't care about that, they simply distribute their sendable merits that they get from their contributions.

Generally, it depends on personal perspectives.
legendary
Added trust network.
Looking for new ideas on this post.

Again on Merit Giveout: I think I am still too low in sMerit to be worth of this!

Even if you only have 10 sMerit, they're still sufficient. A short-lived giveaway thread could do.

Nothing prevent me to start a merit giveaway AND contribute to post on other threads, actually.
And "It isn't recommend for everyone to start a merit giveway thread" is your well respected opinion, not a fact.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
Added trust network.

Again on Merit Giveout: I think I am still too low in sMerit to be worth of this!

Even if you only have 10 sMerit, they're still sufficient. A short-lived giveaway thread could do.

Activity: 2016
Merit: 531
FREE passive income eBook @ tinyurl.com/PIA10
Added trust network.

legendary
Added trust network.

Activity: 2142
Merit: 584
You own the pen
Congrats dude, I hope you will help more people here and with this thread I really hope to rank up too just as you did, it may take a while but as long as I try chances are getting high.

And also hope that you will reach Hero Rank sooner.
legendary
This Thread is really helpful for most people that are potentially needing merits and for most people that I know that deserves to be given a chance like you, I really think you can sure make it in the upper level someday no need to hurry but this guide will surely give an edge for people that are only deserving to be given Merits, Will be keeping an eye on your potential merited post, And So I have given you 5 for the compensation of your good record in the forum So good luck and GOD Bless.  
Thank you.
Feedback from more experienced user is always welcome to improve even further!
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
This Thread is really helpful for most people that are potentially needing merits and for most people that I know that deserves to be given a chance like you, I really think you can sure make it in the upper level someday no need to hurry but this guide will surely give an edge for people that are only deserving to be given Merits, Will be keeping an eye on your potential merited post, And So I have given you 5 for the compensation of your good record in the forum So good luck and GOD Bless.  
legendary
I recently got promoted to Sr. Members, and i got merits fairly quickly and, contrary to my own statement, I 'm now hoarding a few sMerits.

It's time to give them back to the community!

I am chewing over a sMerit giveout initiative: any suggestion about that?

I see, you got bunches of merits from your analytical posts on bitcoin trend within last two or three weeks.
I am jealous with what you got, but I congratulate you for your works, that eventually got what they deserved.
Your analyses demonstrated that merits are not scarce, high quality and trend-appropriate posts are.

No need to be jealous.
What I did is not unique. You can do that as well finding your own path.
That's why I wrote this post in th first place: envy is never a good driver for anything.
Activity: 252
Merit: 59
I recently got promoted to Sr. Members, and i got merits fairly quickly and, contrary to my own statement, I 'm now hoarding a few sMerits.

Yep. merit system very very hard for me but easy for you, it is true you are a lucky man I wish I would be a full member but it does not seem to be, it's just a dream to look good Some time it seems to be tired of myself that there is no one here, but you are a lucky soon waiting for next level(Herro Member) for you Keep and help others BTT. Cry

God Blessed
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
Farewell o_e_l_e_o

I see, you got bunches of merits from your analytical posts on bitcoin trend within last two or three weeks.
I am jealous with what you got, but I congratulate you for your works, that eventually got what they deserved.
Your analyses demonstrated that merits are not scarce, high quality and trend-appropriate posts are.
legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 831
Let's me tell you my experience with promotion challenges in the forum.
At specific period, and specific rank challenge, user has to face with very different challenges.

For Junior Member rank, the challenge is you don't know what to do, and feel like it is impossible mission.
Lack of knowledge, vague understanding about the structure of forum, rules, guides, and even don't comprehensively understand about merit, merit system and the role of merit in the forum. So, it is always the most difficult to try contributing and earn your first merit.
During those most un-knowledgeable period, even hard-working contributions sometimes likely stupid things, or at worst violate plagiarism.
Most users probably plagiarise to show contributions. When they decide to stop complaining, and show contributions, they switch to plagiarism. Maybe due to their laziness or lack of knowledge on forum rules.

Next rank, Member.
Challenge for the rank probably remains too difficult, and sometimes you might still think it is impossible mission. Regardless the fact that you maybe more familiar with forum structure, rules, boards but the way you read, understand, then express your ideas through writing is still foolish, or vague. No one understand what your wrote, what you want to discuss with, or your posts simply out of context, and no one pay attention on such off-topic posts.
Over time, you will improve better, then move up to Member rank.

Next ranks, Full Member and above.
Yeah, from Full Member and above ranks, the journey for each rank is too distant, but I believe who can move from Member to Full Member will feel happily with their promotions.
In addition, they probably feel their lives in forum turn out to be more comfortable.
Comfortable in so many aspect, such as in the way they find information (by search for available topics, answers, solutions), in the way the read, understand, write to express ideas and contribute to discussion, and - of course - in the way they receive merits.
I believe that from Full Member rank and above, challenges are still challenges, but those challenges are not too hard, or impossible, or put users tired too much. From the rank and above, the matter is just time, and how long they will finish their challenges.

In a summary, I thought you should write your new topic, in which share your tips for the latest promotion.
I might do it when I become a Senior Member, maybe months later.
legendary
Wow!
Thanks to the merits recieved by @suchmoon I am now a Senior Member!
If you work hard on your good post, you will eventually achieve your target! I wanted to be Senior Member befor the end of April, but I did by the end of March!
Thank to you all Bitcointalk.org family for the support!
Hopefully you'll find more intersting post from me, that's not a finish line, but another start!

legendary
And, please, avoid altcoins or bounties sections to post!

Altcoin is an important part of cryptocurrency, regardless that it is a section that has been affected by scams and failed projects. It's still a worthy topic of discussion, I would not advise anyone to avoid that section, but stick ti what you know.
Do not go around fishing for merits in boards or sections you know little on.
Make a niche for yourself and grow.
I would agree with you If only I had ever known of a single altcoin that is not scam.
Pages:
Jump to: