Pages:
Author

Topic: Ranking up is possible! 2900 Merits earned in less than 12 months!My 11 Hints! - page 12. (Read 9061 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 335
https://t.me/CRYPTOVlKING
As been observed that bitcoin and altcoin discussion had huge spam posts and moderators had already told about this how heavy thier work on moderating in that sections.
The spam is worst in the altcoins board and this is simply because Bounty Managers hardly find time to run through the weekly post history of their participants. The BMs are only interested in meeting up with the quota.

Really? I don't think so.
Bounty managers like Yahoo (whenever he takes a bounty work) and Hhampuz do check the quality rather than just seeing whether the quota has been met or not. While I'm saying these 2 names, by no means am I pointing fingers or questioning any other BMs or their works as I've only observed these 2 managers on a personal level.

Just jumping in to correct you slightly. He certainly didn't mean Hhampuz nor Yahoo when he stated that generalism about BM's and quotas. He mentioned altcoins board and neither Yahoo nor Hhampuz do altcoin bounties, only BTC ones, so they don't fall into that category.

But of those that do fall into altcoin bounties category, there are for sure present, bounty managers that only care about mechanics and quotas and completely disregard the quality.
Activity: 686
Merit: 125
Bounty managers like Yahoo (whenever he takes a bounty work) and Hhampuz do check the quality rather than just seeing whether the quota has been met or not. While I'm saying these 2 names, by no means am I pointing fingers or questioning any other BMs or their works as I've only observed these 2 managers on a personal level.
Both mention BM were really good and I can't say anything in their professionalism how they handle bounty projects. But, I may add too a new bounty BM that in my opinion consider as one or belong to reputable bounty managers. @CryptopreneurBrainboss had really good work. He just need more experience and more project to handle to get his name like the other mention name of reputable BM above.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273
As been observed that bitcoin and altcoin discussion had huge spam posts and moderators had already told about this how heavy thier work on moderating in that sections.
The spam is worst in the altcoins board and this is simply because Bounty Managers hardly find time to run through the weekly post history of their participants. The BMs are only interested in meeting up with the quota.

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208
Once a man, twice a child!
That was very impressive...There are only few users like you value that much of the forum and this should be inspire us also low rank users to do the same.
You can say that again 😏. Exceptional (or impressive) is even an understatement a description for what the OP has achieved in ranking up. "Very Exceptional" won't be a bad choice of collocation.

Activity: 686
Merit: 125
That was very impressive OP, Seldom users achieve what you are now and that you should be proud of. There are only few users like you value that much of the forum and this should be inspire us also low rank users to do the same. For now, most of low rank users do not mind on ranking up and are not giving importance of the forum because they are more focus on bounty hunting. As been observed that bitcoin and altcoin discussion had huge spam posts and moderators had already told about this how heavy thier work on moderating in that sections. Hopefully with users sharing achievement would inspire other user to do the same.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
The merit system sounds great if all you want is super nerds and doctorates.  However, if you want to expand beyond this group and this culture and get crypto beyond that point.  Which I think is something we all strive for.  Then perhaps a more nuanced view of establishing value is in order.
There is a good numbers of super-merited users here on the forum I would have problems describing as nerds or doctorates.
It is really up to you: bringing value to the forum gets you merits. There isn’t an only way to do so. Be creative.
Activity: 99
Merit: 0
The merit system sounds great if all you want is super nerds and doctorates.  However, if you want to expand beyond this group and this culture and get crypto beyond that point.  Which I think is something we all strive for.  Then perhaps a more nuanced view of establishing value is in order.
legendary
This is a large count of merit, I hope someday I will reach just half an on your way.
--snip--

Merit is literally no big deal if you understand the game of numbers (Mathematics) properly as well as change the way you see the forum. Stop seeing it like this forum has gold and you are the golddigger, and start digging in deeper for the vast and wide amount of knowledge you can gain here.
Two steps to succeed in gaining more and more merits:
  • Be active, engage in topics you know about and ask questions that you have no knowledge about. Only a genius can ask a lot of questions because of the hunger of knowing more and more about something specific.
  • Like masulum said, don't think about money and signature campaigns in the beginning, they are the perks that can be enjoyed later on, once you've got enough knowledge to share with others. Your major focus shouldn't be money, but engagement in all sort of topics. Don't worry about post counts until you're posting good or high quality content, nobody's gonna report you and won't even ask you to post with long gaps if you do it like that (however, it becomes a need to post with timegaps as it may be considered spam even if your post justifies the topic, which is why you need to work on gaining merits instead of gaining money). If you don't join a signature, you have the freedom to post wherever you want to, and know as much as you want to about any topic because I've seen people not visiting some interesting topics/threads/sections of this forum just because they're not being paid by their campaign for posting there. Don't restrict yourself until you're wise enough to answer rather than questioning more.
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 10155
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
Everything is possible if you can change your way, every member wants to get lot of merit in the same time to get a higher chance accepted in good campaign. But, before do that you can try in another way to bring something. When I just have 10 merit i think its hard for me to get 1000 merit, but it's wrong.
How long did you spend to crawl from 10 merit to 1133 merit? From which rank did you start?

Mostly I get merit from my post when I'm not joining in the campaign, focus to become an active member and join in several discussion and creating a thread. It will better for me to spent time to search a new topic when I don't think about posts count. I remember, Fillipone is one of member who also not using a signature before, he just doing about bringing some good content and educate member here. And see what happen now, he is become one of limited member who accepted in Chipmixer campaign. Good luck for you, and be your self, let merit come to you without asking/thinking  member giving you a merit.
It blows my mind!
This info changes my mind and I will try to erase my bone with merit in my mind. My mind should be free to have better brain when I type my post.

Of course, I cheated because I had already reached my current rank before the merit system was implemented on January 24, 2018.

Nonetheless, I recall beginning my participation in the forum, and for a very long time, several months, members did not really respond to my posts or even acknowledge them, but after a while other members get to know you and they start to respond to your posts, as long as you are posting about areas that are of interest to you and to them. 

So, if you participate in threads that are interesting to you (and you do not have to start your own thread because there are plenty of threads out there), then the passion or interest that you have is likely to come out through your posts (of course, I am not Italian, so I could possibly be lacking a little bit in levels of passion... .Actually I know that I am, relatively speaking....   Wink #nohomo to all of the passionate italians out there). Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

By the way, I know that fillippone starts a lot of threads, so I am not really bashing the idea of starting threads, because sometimes if you are really putting a topic together in a way that had not seemed to have been done in other threads, then there surely can be some forum value to that, so the overwhelming majority of fillippone's threads do seem to be contributing value rather than merely seeking merits (not that there is anything wrong with attempting to both contribute and seek merits).

So largely what I am trying to say is that I agree with the concept of posting about what you love and without really any greed except for the greed of learning and sharing information, and likely the merits will follow - even though there are going to be times that you might feel that you are posting quality posts, but no one really appreciates the contents of your posts.  Don't take it personally, because sometime it just takes time for the recognition of your contributions, and if you are making those contributions out of your own passion to contribute, then you should not really be personally bothered if sometimes you are not receiving very many merits in spite of the efforts that you feel that you are putting into authoring your posts.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1592
hmph..
@SquirrelJulietGarden i got 10 merit on March 2018, few month after merit system started. And become Hero Member on Oct. 2019, you can track my merit or from any member merit data information from @ddmrddmr merit dashboard here
https://public.tableau.com/profile/ddmrddmr#!/vizhome/BitcointalkMeritDashboard/GlobalSummary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 723
Everything is possible if you can change your way, every member wants to get lot of merit in the same time to get a higher chance accepted in good campaign. But, before do that you can try in another way to bring something. When I just have 10 merit i think its hard for me to get 1000 merit, but it's wrong.
How long did you spend to crawl from 10 merit to 1133 merit? From which rank did you start?

Mostly I get merit from my post when I'm not joining in the campaign, focus to become an active member and join in several discussion and creating a thread. It will better for me to spent time to search a new topic when I don't think about posts count. I remember, Fillipone is one of member who also not using a signature before, he just doing about bringing some good content and educate member here. And see what happen now, he is become one of limited member who accepted in Chipmixer campaign. Good luck for you, and be your self, let merit come to you without asking/thinking  member giving you a merit.
It blows my mind!
This info changes my mind and I will try to erase my bone with merit in my mind. My mind should be free to have better brain when I type my post.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1592
hmph..
This is a large count of merit, I hope someday I will reach just half an on your way.
Everything is possible if you can change your way, every member wants to get lot of merit in the same time to get a higher chance accepted in good campaign. But, before do that you can try in another way to bring something. When I just have 10 merit i think its hard for me to get 1000 merit, but it's wrong. Mostly I get merit from my post when I'm not joining in the campaign, focus to become an active member and join in several discussion and creating a thread. It will better for me to spent time to search a new topic when I don't think about posts count. I remember, Fillipone is one of member who also not using a signature before, he just doing about bringing some good content and educate member here. And see what happen now, he is become one of limited member who accepted in Chipmixer campaign. Good luck for you, and be your self, let merit come to you without asking/thinking  member giving you a merit.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 134
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
This is a large count of merit, I hope someday I will reach just half an on your way. This is just a reflection that fillippone is one of the active good contributors to our forum. Also one of the contents you made that I like is the transactions LoRaWan/goTenna. Good luck for your next journey. I'm looking forward to more content.
legendary
<...>

Thank you very much for your kind words. I think no one have ever written a poem on me!

My pleasure, seriously! You're someone worth to be mentioned in those words and as I said, it came from my soul so I needed to pen it down. An extremely good personality you are. Smiley

#nohomo

#metoo because whatever I said above was told under the friendship gesture of a man to a man. Wink
By no means am I a #0|π0 hehe. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
<...>

Thank you very much for your kind words. I think no one have ever written a poem on me!
#nohomo
legendary
I feel somewhat ashamed and a bit jealous too (frankly) because I lacked something you had, hehe. Though, the way you write your posts makes me feel that you dedicated your soul into those words to make people understand some basic yet necessary things which could help them win in the long run, be it a trading technique or the behavior on the forum. I've written something for you (came from a good soul for a good soul) Wink

From day one, showed max efforts
Putting in his complete soul
Never gave a damn to negativity (pessimism)
Spreading knowledge, his only goal

No begging, no help ever asked
He always gave, became sunshine
Now fold your sleeves, be like him
You gettin' better, that's the only sign

Went ahead always, to conquer
Didn't ever think about a throne
Lives like a king, shares too much love
None other than ours - FILLIPPONE

Hope you liked it. Wink
Activity: 1428
Merit: 264
Please share the UID of theymous. Thanks.  Kiss

I think it is 35.
Activity: 546
Merit: 148
You have achieved enough merit within a short period of time, indeed you are true poster who has installed many knowledge on bitcointalk. I wish this forum is having a buddy list, I would love to add you Kiss
On serious note, you have motivated me henceforth. Congratulations!!!
Activity: 1428
Merit: 264
I think I can share with you some suggestion on how improve your chances of writing good posts, and then getting merits.
You share some great suggestion with us. I think this will be very much helpful for Beginners. If one reads these carefully, he must learn something from here.

There are more than 2833295 registered members in this forum.

Among them only 9 have 4000+ merit.
1. theymous - 7916 merit
2. LoyceV - 6878
3. suchmoon - 5500
4. o_e_l_e_o  - 4831
5. gmaxwell - 4274
6. DdmrDdmr  - 4137
7. Last of the V8s - 4080
8. El duderino_  - 4059
9. fillippone  - 4008

All are "Legendary" except you. You are the real "Hero'' of this forum. You earn merit too fast. Of course you contribute a lot to this forum.

I wish, I could be like you.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1150
There are very few bitcointalk forum users capable of reaching the number of merit up to 4K like you. But I am not surprised by your achievement so far because you have knowledge, experience and a strong commitment to make the forum like a storehouse of knowledge. Forum contributor like yourself really deserve that number because you are not only concentrating on local but also global.

As human, we were not created to be highly capable human in all field. But being willing and consistently learning something is what make us more than any other user. I salute you and also envy what you can achieve but right now I am still too far away to say that I too can match your achievement. And now I always to try to do  best.
Pages:
Jump to: