Pages:
Author

Topic: [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival! KGW, POS/POW hybrid [TRADING ON CRYPTSY] - page 20. (Read 51784 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Instructions for installing and syncing the new GalaxyCoin 2.0 client wallets on Windows 7 and 8.1 Systems.

Windows 7

Video: http://galaxypool.chriskoeber.com/NewClientInstructions-Win7.mp4

Windows 8

Video: http://galaxypool.chriskoeber.com/NewClientInstructions.mp4

Please get your wallets up to date Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
Maybe also a good idea to update the first post in this thread with the correct nodes in the sample galaxycoin.conf

Seconded; icecube45 can you do this soon??

I'm back guys, will do that now
Is that 0.5% annual interest or interest in 5-15 days??

The latter; 5-15 day interest. Sometimes a little longer depending on block movement but nowhere near a year.
Script for installing GalaxyCoin 2.0 daemons on Linux Hosts

Link here: http://galaxypool.chriskoeber.com/galaxycoinlinux.sh

You can easily execute this script on any Bash shell with the following code (running as root or other user with appropriate permissions):

Code:
wget -O galaxycoinlinux.sh http://galaxypool.chriskoeber.com/galaxycoinlinux.sh
chmod +x galaxycoinlinux.sh
./galaxycoinlinux.sh

You will also be presented with the option of downloading the correct blockchain, etc.

Follow all directions. Verified to work under Gentoo Linux but once I get verification from others on different platforms I will update where appropriate.
Maybe also a good idea to update the first post in this thread with the correct nodes in the sample galaxycoin.conf

Seconded; icecube45 can you do this soon??
Activity: 673
Merit: 506
OK, folks; the list of folks on the new client is around 40%.

Much better than yesterday but still not quite there yet.

I will be posting some helpful bits for folks who still may be having trouble updating shortly.
OK, folks; the list of folks on the new client is around 40%.

Much better than yesterday but still not quite there yet.

I will be posting some helpful bits for folks who still may be having trouble updating shortly.
Finally figured it out, it is a file permission problem, if I run 'sudo galaxycoind' it does work, somehow the default user is not given the correct permissions to the files included in the zip file. It remains a mystery to me why this only happens with this specific daemon, I am running a p2pool server and none of the other daemons have these issues, so still worth looking into Smiley The good news is that since my poolserver is up 24x7 you can add my node 87.209.206.80 to the list of nodes on the correct fork/chain  Grin

Excellent!
FYI, I was able to use the zip to get a FreeBSD (64 bit) compile of the new client kickstarted. Had no luck syncing until I downloaded the correct blockchain.
Please share your info, are you running the qt-client or galaxycoind ? How did you get the zip file contents to be accepted on the FreeBSD system ?

Just galaxycoind. Didn't have to do anything, the (Windows generated?) database file appears to be binary compatible with my FreeBSD client. I am actually surprised to hear that there would be a conflict across platforms.

Are you unzipping the archive into the correct directory? It needs to be your "datadir" - same directory as your wallet.dat

cd /path/to/datadir
unzip galaxycoinblockchain.zip
/path/to/galaxycoind -datadir=/path/to/datadir/ &
I'm running Ubuntu 12.04. I have tried the solution you describe but galaxycoind exits with the message it can't load blkindex.dat.

Try this:

Code:
cd /path/to/datadir
/path/to/galaxycoind -loadblock=/path/to/datadir/blk0001.dat --datadir=/path/to/datadir/ [[Additional Commands Here]]
Finally figured it out, it is a file permission problem, if I run 'sudo galaxycoind' it does work, somehow the default user is not given the correct permissions to the files included in the zip file. It remains a mystery to me why this only happens with this specific daemon, I am running a p2pool server and none of the other daemons have these issues, so still worth looking into Smiley The good news is that since my poolserver is up 24x7 you can add my node 87.209.206.80 to the list of nodes on the correct fork/chain  Grin
FYI, I was able to use the zip to get a FreeBSD (64 bit) compile of the new client kickstarted. Had no luck syncing until I downloaded the correct blockchain.
Please share your info, are you running the qt-client or galaxycoind ? How did you get the zip file contents to be accepted on the FreeBSD system ?

Just galaxycoind. Didn't have to do anything, the (Windows generated?) database file appears to be binary compatible with my FreeBSD client. I am actually surprised to hear that there would be a conflict across platforms.

Are you unzipping the archive into the correct directory? It needs to be your "datadir" - same directory as your wallet.dat

cd /path/to/datadir
I'm running Ubuntu 12.04. I have tried the solution you describe but galaxycoind exits with the message it can't load blkindex.dat.

Try this:

Code:
cd /path/to/datadir
/path/to/galaxycoind -loadblock=/path/to/datadir/blk0001.dat --datadir=/path/to/datadir/ [[Additional Commands Here]]

cd /path/to/datadir
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

cd /path/to/datadir
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005
I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

Is that 0.5% annual interest or interest in 5-15 days?

Is that 0.5% annual interest or interest in 5-15 days??
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ
We need atleast 10 more nodes with the updated client. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
Tompool.org pool is updated to the latest GLX fork Smiley

Woohoo
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Tompool.org pool is updated to the latest GLX fork Smiley
Hmm seems like the blockchain is damaged early on.

Is there a reason we are trying to use the old blockchain still?

Preservation of transaction history; if we completely start a new blockchain then your old coins are worthless.

It'll be like starting a completely new alt-coin.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
Hmm seems like the blockchain is damaged early on.

Is there a reason we are trying to use the old blockchain still?
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
Pages:
Jump to: