Pages:
Author

Topic: [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival! KGW, POS/POW hybrid [TRADING ON CRYPTSY] - page 25. (Read 51784 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Yes Mate. Do check it out as well. Smiley

I heard icecube is compiling windows and should be updating the thread with it.

Cheers!

I looked at it; didn't notice any errors that were obvious.

I did note that you bumped the version numbers high; that should be good for easy syncing and getting rid of errors.
Ckoeber, we need new nodes with the updated wallet, I'm assuming you can help us out there?

I can update my pool and alert folks.

Communication is the real key; every hour or so update this thread AND the original with the new wallet/daemon info and you should be good.

Also make it a priority to bug the shit out of the exchanges and difficulty/profitability monitors (like coinwars, etc) with the new wallet.

Before you do all of that though, create a wallet with the new code and transfer some coins into it.

Make sure the base functions work, etc.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
Commits Pushed the network will fork at 255145 , and KGW will kick in please make sure you update your clients before that! over and out. Smiley

You updated the GitHub source, correct?

Ckoeber, we need new nodes with the updated wallet, I'm assuming you can help us out there?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ
Commits Pushed the network will fork at 255145 , and KGW will kick in please make sure you update your clients before that! over and out. Smiley

Yes Mate. Do check it out as well. Smiley

I heard icecube is compiling windows and should be updating the thread with it.

Cheers!
legendary
Indeed, I'm currently compiling the windows wallet, as for now, feel free to update if you can compile the source

legendary
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ
random block reward is turning into a bad decision for most coins. Read up on dogecoin. they are changing the coin to static block reward to avoid any one to jump in and mine only the most profitable blocks

But how does the mining software figure out which block will have the random block reward?
Merit: 100
Ask me about Karmacoin
random block reward is turning into a bad decision for most coins. Read up on dogecoin. they are changing the coin to static block reward to avoid any one to jump in and mine only the most profitable blocks
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Thanks for reviving the project!
I look forward to mining.
Pushing changes to the Repository! Smiley

Kool; let us know what you have, what block the fork will kick in, etc.
legendary
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ
Pushing changes to the Repository! Smiley
legendary
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ
Big Changes are coming!

soopy452000 has joined the dev team, and we are working on tuning the following things:

Implementing KGW!
I know some of you may be scared that this will kill the coin's idea, however, we are changing the values of KGW to reflect the original ideas of galaxycoin.

Tuning the POS rewards

Art updates! (Because who doesn't like something shiny to look at)

And of course, random block rewards!

This will be a MANDATORY update, so please, pool operators, stay tuned!

Let's get the Galaxy Rolling! Smiley
legendary
Big Changes are coming!

soopy452000 has joined the dev team, and we are working on tuning the following things:

Implementing KGW!
I know some of you may be scared that this will kill the coin's idea, however, we are changing the values of KGW to reflect the original ideas of galaxycoin.

Tuning the POS rewards

Art updates! (Because who doesn't like something shiny to look at)

And of course, random block rewards!

This will be a MANDATORY update, so please, pool operators, stay tuned!
legendary
no this will break this coin and the idea of this coin.

Disagree; we need this to prevent multi-pools from crushing the coin (driving the difficulty up) after they get their profits and then leaving the individual miners to deal with 20+ difficulty rates.

Others; I wish I had time for IRC but I can only hop in every so often.

I'll look at the code and then make recommendations on the forum here.

I'm going to argue that both of these points are valid.
A part of what makes (made) galaxycoin unique is the 10 block average for difficulty,
I'd like to keep this feature, but at the same time I am plagued by the effect of multipools,
an argument for KGW

Disagree; we need this to prevent multi-pools from crushing the coin (driving the difficulty up) after they get their profits and then leaving the individual miners to deal with 20+ difficulty rates.

Others; I wish I had time for IRC but I can only hop in every so often.

I'll look at the code and then make recommendations on the forum here.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
In the next few days, I plan on putting up a functional block crawler, and updating the art
The update to the client (reason for this takeover), solves a few errors  (this is NOT mandatory)

If you are going to update the client you might as well put a new fork out there.

In the fork, if we can make it so that after a block changes the difficulty doesn't change more than 1% either way that would be awesome.

The biggest reason this coin is having the problems it is having is due to those difficulty spikes.

Making the difficulty change very small (1% or something similar) will do wonders.

Perhaps we should look at implementing the Kimoto Gravity Well (KGW) difficulty algorithm.  Vertcoin, Anoncoin, RonPaulCoin and others have moved to the Kimoto Gravity Well as discussed here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/vtc-vertcoin-how-long-until-we-fork-to-kimotos-gravity-well-431104

legendary
In the next few days, I plan on putting up a functional block crawler, and updating the art
The update to the client (reason for this takeover), solves a few errors  (this is NOT mandatory)

If you are going to update the client you might as well put a new fork out there.

In the fork, if we can make it so that after a block changes the difficulty doesn't change more than 1% either way that would be awesome.

The biggest reason this coin is having the problems it is having is due to those difficulty spikes.

Making the difficulty change very small (1% or something similar) will do wonders.

Perhaps we should look at implementing the Kimoto Gravity Well (KGW) difficulty algorithm.  Vertcoin, Anoncoin, RonPaulCoin and others have moved to the Kimoto Gravity Well as discussed here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/vtc-vertcoin-how-long-until-we-fork-to-kimotos-gravity-well-431104

I was thinking of doing so, please, join me on ##galaxycoin on freenode
Activity: 4
Merit: 0

legendary
please add the new pool url= http://glx.sumpool.com
1%fee

Link doesn't work.

Yeah.. I would add it, but I want a working link first.. ckoeber, join me on ##galaxycoin (webchat.freenode.net)
Pages:
Jump to: