Author

Topic: Re: [AXIOM] AxiomMemHash, Schnorr Sigs Implemented, APOS 3.0, AXH 2.0 Proposed - page 108. (Read 204903 times)

Activity: 555
Merit: 654
AXIOM developers pinged me to give an opinion on the GPU speedup of the AXIOM PoW function.

I wrote the draft of the paper about RandMemoHash back in 2013, after playing with RandMemoHash a bit. I tested it with a SINGLE GPU (that was even older), and could not get any speedup. My paper does not show any proof, not any real world comparison over several GPU models, so it is definitively unfinished. The suggested parameters are not proven to be valid for all existent GPU models (and less for future models). People should never take for granted what an non-peer-reviewed privately-published draft paper says.

I would have liked that Axiom developers would have pinged me to give an update on it before implementing it.

Having said this, I find that a 5x GPU speedup quite good resistance, considering that a GPU is generally better than a CPU in almost every task. CPUs are good at executing large programs, doing paging, protecting memory, doing I/O. Nothing that a PoW can make use of.

GPU memory system is designed for throughput, and it has generally about 6 times the bandwidth available to a CPU. RandMemoHash bottleneck is the DDR/GDDR memory bus, so that speedup can be expected.

Also you must consider power-usage in the equation: that may make it better or worse for GPU-mining.

I don't know if tweaking the parameters would improve it. Maybe using 8 MB instead of 2 MB can prevent the use of some L2 caches in some boards. But the more space you require, the slower it is to verify the PoW. And this is a cat-and-mouse race, since future models will probably increase the size of the cache.

The Axiom developers & community could collect some real world numbers and try to find an improved parameter set (if it is really needed and if there is a better one).

I wish AXIOM users the best luck.

Sergio.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Fucker of "the system"
I'm the whale that's been accumulating with that 20 btc wall. This is prime for us because there are still 1.5 weeks left for staking and it's obvious to us that these developers are skilled. Staking is netting us significantly more than any GPU miner or cpu miner. I'm hitting blocks of 60 roughly every half an hour.. What's all the fuss about. Everyone here should know by now that when the coin was listed on exchange it rose significantly in value on practically 0 news from the developer. The developer has demonstrated time and time again a massive amount of knowledge in this space. Do you really think we're accumulating at 13k for nothing? I shouldn't even be sharing this with you guys, I just was reading the ann and it astounds me how worked up people are. The coin has a built in profit model in the staking system, USE IT!

omg thats the guy that gave away like 5k on cex ask the people on cex if u think id lie
\
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I'm the whale that's been accumulating with that 20 btc wall. This is prime for us because there are still 1.5 weeks left for staking and it's obvious to us that these developers are skilled. Staking is netting us significantly more than any GPU miner or cpu miner. I'm hitting blocks of 60 roughly every half an hour.. What's all the fuss about. Everyone here should know by now that when the coin was listed on exchange it rose significantly in value on practically 0 news from the developer. The developer has demonstrated time and time again a massive amount of knowledge in this space. Do you really think we're accumulating at 13k for nothing? I shouldn't even be sharing this with you guys, I just was reading the ann and it astounds me how worked up people are. The coin has a built in profit model in the staking system, USE IT!
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
just curious to know what speed got one 780ti/980

getting 1.06kh/s per 980 (780ti doesn't do well 0.32kh/s) with my version
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
It's nice to see the price coming down like it should. It'll be down to 5000 next week.
Activity: 157
Merit: 1
Great coin!!

Future looks good Wink

Grin
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Fucker of "the system"
no plz dump again i was so busy being mad i forgot about $$$$$$$
There will be more dumps when you stop buying your own coins from sell order  Grin

I love how u people think im powerful it makes me feel happy ... truth is i just use most of the crypto i make to make it seem that way im actually in a very low supply
ask anyone i missed the boat

i seriously hope some one panics and dumps on me
Activity: 11
Nice Buy support on Bittrex. I wish every day was like this in crypto, i would be a multi millioaire!

Maybe this time Axiom will break 35k region?   Cant beat a good rollercoaster ride.  Well done.
Activity: 42
Currently, we still have ports for miners closed, but we will open them soon (we are preparing good one page news where our miners can get all the info how to mine Axiom). Meanwhile, we are letting some orders to be put on. So go on, and bid Smiley

Of course, we hope that this algo stays CPU only (or with only slight GPU advantage). We have a lot of miners that have been asking which algo to mine with CPUs, hopefully this is it.

Thank you so much Nicehash! You guys are awesome, this will be the CPU algo they are looking for. Also, because of sites like nicehash, in the event of a gpu miner it really does serve to level the playing field by putting those hash levels in to an acquirable scenario. Thank you for levelling the field!

Thanks,

Axiom Team
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
Currently, we still have ports for miners closed, but we will open them soon (we are preparing good one page news where our miners can get all the info how to mine Axiom). Meanwhile, we are letting some orders to be put on. So go on, and bid Smiley

Of course, we hope that this algo stays CPU only (or with only slight GPU advantage). We have a lot of miners that have been asking which algo to mine with CPUs, hopefully this is it.
Activity: 42
IMPORTANT NOTICE! IMPORTANT NOTICE! IMPORTANT NOTICE! IMPORTANT NOTICE!

• You don't have own Axiom miner?
  • Do you have slow CPU?
  • You want more Axiom hashing power?

Then go to NiceHash and get yourself some Axiom hashing power!

Uh.. now with nicehash you can forgot about gpu's... this coin has nothing special anymore...

Actually, we like nicehash. It makes a higher hash amount available to those who may not have mining equipment available. Thanks Nicehash!
Activity: 550
Merit: 500

• Do you have slow CPU?

Uh.. now with nicehash you can forgot about gpu's... this coin has nothing special anymore...
Activity: 588
Merit: 501

• Do you have slow CPU?

Activity: 360
Merit: 250
just curious to know what speed got one 780ti/980
Activity: 691
this price is very cheap for this coin. Whales are doing  Refuelling and then start huge pump. 5 min ago I send 150 btc to bittrex just for this play.
can i trust you

When sell coins they send btc to bittrex  Grin
Activity: 966
Merit: 550
this price is very cheap for this coin. Whales are doing  Refuelling and then start huge pump. 5 min ago I send 150 btc to bittrex just for this play.

Txid or gtfo
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
can i trust you

Activity: 552
Activity: 691
no plz dump again i was so busy being mad i forgot about $$$$$$$
There will be more dumps when you stop buying your own coins from sell order  Grin
Jump to: