Pages:
Author

Topic: Re: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s - page 22. (Read 96796 times)

Activity: 402
Merit: 250
So are they burning or not burning?  First they say they're not burning, as there's nothing to burn, but the fire is really the LED blinking.  I found that inventive, even for them.  They must have smoked a serious joint to come up with that crazy shite, or maybe dropped some shrooms and asked the dog for it's professional opinion.

Now they're saying that the plastic can burn and that the fumes are toxic.

So, then is the story that the LEDs are emitting toxic fumes?

Garsh, I am so confused.......

Well, not as confused as these fucking morons, but still pretty damn confused.

Wait, I've got it.  It's the LED manufacturer's fault!  Those bastards!

ETA:  They really should stop that idiot Nemesidis from posting.  Everything is either some snotty shitheaded comment or an outright lie.  And this is the customer support director, as per his LinkedIn page.  LOL.  That is totally typical of this shitty fucking company.  Assign exactly the wrong people for the job and let them run wild.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Angiem was offered hosting by them ...Wait for it.....$ 92.50 a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Here's a complementary device for those soon to take delivery of an X-3 that may have small children too small to sleep with their own gas masks on.  

My wife thinks this is a great idea, I assure you.  

legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1012
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
They get more and more laughable every single day.  I thought they have been working on the issue...?  Guess they are too incompetent to figure it out and as has been the result of every other problem, they have gone to outside firms, which once again begs the question, what has BA actually done?

Why is it acceptable if it happens in whatever percent of units?  Your saying that if I plug one of these in, I have a chance of burning my house down?  I would say your .5% is completely wrong to start, but for the sake of argument lets say its spot on.  That means if you plug in both of the units that come with an X-3 (not even counting the extra unit your supposed to get as compensation, notice no mention of that still), you have a 1% chance that the unit will catch fire and even if it doesn't burn your house down, will still release toxic fumes into your house that are deadly.

Notice how they failed to mention what the hosting costs would be (I assume astronomical as it would take a crazy person to run one machine, much less a "datacenter's" worth when the chance for it to go up in flames is that high).  Also, they didn't mention shipping back to the "partner's datacenter", which I assume the customer will pay for the peace of mind of not running potentially dangerous and hazardous equipment in their homes.

Also, since they already admitted that shipping causes damages, you now have a double chance of something breaking and have to take BA's word for it when it arrives and they claim that something is now broken.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10

News
Date added: 12 Nov 2014 Prospero X3 issues

There have been several reports and X3 units returned to warranty that have failed during hashing. While the issue has happened to less than 0.5% of manufactured machines, we would like to assure that this is under our standards of quality and we deeply apologize for any inconveniences this has caused.

We take this matter very seriously and have started looking into it with the first report we have received. We have also already contracted several expert companies to help us analyse and locate the problem. Until now we have not received their final answer but their preliminary analysis is that the problem is caused by faulty soldering of the mosfets which allowed them to overheat and enter in a state of short-circuit which caused the PCB to overheat and the PCI socket to meltdown. We believe that the smoke caused by the mosfet and plastic burning is toxic and must not be inhaled. For this reason we ask customers who have just received their X3 to keep it in a well ventilated area for at least 1 week as we did not had the chance to test the latest shipped miners for more than 1 hour.

Please rest assured that this issue is covered by warranty and in order to provide peace of mind to customers that are concerned that this might happen to their machine we are offering hosting into our partner's datacenter in China. This includes any X3 unit that has been shipped or still due to be shipped. Please contact us via our customer support, should you like us to host your X3.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
I went looking around online and found this miner, just as effective as BA's offering but uses no electricity, you just periodically have to stick some wood in it.

Ohhhhhh, look at the pretty LED.  Blinky, blinky.....

It's a shame, most fireplaces are LED these days. Grin
I went looking around online and found this miner, just as effective as BA's offering but uses no electricity, you just periodically have to stick some wood in it.

Ohhhhhh, look at the pretty LED.  Blinky, blinky.....
legendary

Wood? Fuck that, I'm loading mine up with rolls of $100 bills!

EDIT:

Notice the rear log holder is in-front of the burning logs, this is like the moon landing revisited.
Activity: 667

legendary
A report on BA's latest LED light show from eCoin Talk:

Activity: 402
Raked a shit-ton of leaves over the weekend and burned them in the fire pit.

Either that or someone dumped a bunch of LED's into it.

Black Arrow, where your miners do not burn, even when they're on fire.  Why? because fire is not fire, it is a blinking LED.

See?  No fire.  No such thing as fire.

Cavemen discovered LED's and we've been cooking with them ever since.
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
Mining since bitcoin was $1
I've bought some used X3's and one is not functioning.

Did someone look into what exactly is the problem with the AP188 PSU ?
I trying to see if i can have it repaired locally.

Ordering a new AP188 PSU from BA costs about USD255 !!

I'm thinking of using an HP DPS1200W PSU and use that instead of the AP188 unit.
Anyone done this ?

What is wrong with it?  Fault light blinking on the PSU?  Solutions to that have been posted on the BlackArrow forum - as well as on this forum.

legendary
Really, were's my incendiary bomb if I can't have my money back?
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
I've bought some used X3's and one is not functioning.

Did someone look into what exactly is the problem with the AP188 PSU ?
I trying to see if i can have it repaired locally.

Ordering a new AP188 PSU from BA costs about USD255 !!

I'm thinking of using an HP DPS1200W PSU and use that instead of the AP188 unit.
Anyone done this ?

legendary
Would be nice to have our money refunded before the holidays, minersource still has my $800 which wasn't exactly a gift  Sad

Would have been nice to have had a refund before last holiday season.
Activity: 364
Would be nice to have our money refunded before the holidays, minersource still has my $800 which wasn't exactly a gift  Sad
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
Mining since bitcoin was $1
So what does the PSU company have to say about this turn of events and how much did BA extort from them?

Gotta wonder about that, don't ya.

someone should give our friends at Aplus a call.....

I contacted Aplus when I thought that I needed a replacement PSU - you can believe it or not - get a reply out of them... He suggested it might be the miner causing the fault, and sure enough - it was a dead hash board
legendary
Over in the in the AMT thread customers have found a way to show their appreciation this holiday season.

http://www.shitexpress.com/

This is a great idea!

The crew at BA also deserve a gift this Christmas for all their hard work over the last year in bringing us the highest quality miners ever.

legendary
Now it's the shipping companies fault; beware of pirates lol!
So what does the PSU company have to say about this turn of events and how much did BA extort from them?

Gotta wonder about that, don't ya.

someone should give our friends at Aplus a call.....
Pages:
Jump to: