Pages:
Author

Topic: Re: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(Town) - page 22. (Read 7201 times)

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Congratulations to all those promoted!

I have a request for His Majesty. My cat Riddick has shown an interest in the game. Now that I have 10,000 gold I would like to set him up as my sockpuppet, if the Kingdom will allow a cat to play.

If so, I would like to transfer my property at 1-N-D9 so that young Riddick may be a full resident of the Kingdom.

If Horse can be a Senator, Cat can be a Visitor.

Huh

Umm... perhaps you should buy him 2,000 gold to take full advantage of staking and instapromote to Novice? Smiley
donator
Promotions in Crypto Kingdom

His Grace, The Bishop has been promoted to Marquess (1510). "David has been Our Majesty's faithful companion for 110 years, from the first year of our reign. Promoting him to Marquess is to show how not only gaining riches (blunt referral to the recent Marquess promotion) are a way to the highest levels - giving the riches away can also work. The Bishop has donated most of his wealth to the Church, which we regard in high esteem."

Lord Rhadamathus has been created Earl (1510). "We are satisfied to see the majestic School for Jungherren right next to the palace of the Earl. Seeing this from our bedroom window reminds us that good works should be rewarded."

Lord Jacket has been created Earl (1514). "Earl Jacket was selected for promotion already but we decided to rush it once we saw that his might has indeed reached if not surpassed that of other Earls, and the operation of a museum with 500 sqm of 5 m high gallery space is not a small undertaking in a city where so many Masters do not get promoted nobles because of their lack of a 100 sqm house."

Paulson, Esq. has been ennobled (1514). "It is very counterproductive to beg for promotion since the rules clearly say that Noble promotions are of the pleasure of His Majesty and not of right. However, when we were browsing the census reports after deciding that one Baron must be created at once, Paulson's credentials were the best of all Masters in the Kingdom. We wish good business fortune for the coming El Bulli restaurant, the second $$$$$ place in town!"

donator
Hypothecary Bank Bond Issue Series B: 1512-1590

The bond auction will run ~10 more hours.

Current situation:

Hypothecary Bond Series B pays back 100 mil in 1590; 10 units offered

0 @ 85  Buy Me Now!* (0.21% APR)
1 @ 84  Dr. Choo
1 @ 83  Dr. Choo
1 @ 82  Dr. Choo
1 @ 81  Dr. Choo
1 @ 80  Dr. Choo
4 @ 80  The Marquess of OZ (0.29% APR)
1 @ 80  Rhadamanthus, Earl of (?)
--------------------------------------------
1 @ 80  Rhadamanthus, Earl of (?)   <- current price = 80
donator
rpietila thanks for all, i busy this weekend but let you know if i can buy land this weekend . ^^

May I suggest that you address the King properly? The best way to strive in our city includes respect of some basic politeness. The kingdom reached already a significant development which wouldn't be possible without a subtle but important sense of social order. Smiley

While this is surely a good admonition, we must remember that we are talking about a person in the level L2: Stranger.  Cheesy Non-national non-residents may address Our Majesty with the nick without retaliation, since they are following their own customs and do not know ours.

Attached is some correspondence among the high echelons of the society:

Your Grace, another payment to the treasury of 850.09 XMR

PayId: 0d2bb31e9eCENSORED0ba186c00416dd27b3cc3d8e711837404c99641b5f7317

regards
The Marquess of OZ

It is Your Majesty to you. Bishop is Your Grace.  Lips sealed

Your Majesty, my PM was sent to the Bishop in his role as CK treasurer, and I have got into the habit of CC'ing you a copy also to speed things up. Previously there could be up to 48 hours before the payments were recorded on the spreadsheet when PM'ing the Bishop only, but when I CC HM  the payment gets recorded promptly, thus avoiding interest. I would never dare to insult you Your Majesty!!

Your humble servant
The Marquess of OZ
donator
The Company of Theophany did well and produced some more page of Codex Cryptonica
  • Nobility recapitulate the various titles and way to address the nobility.
  • Clergy. This later entry contains some interesting rumours as well a non exhaustive list of title and how to properly address a member of the Clergy. The Church wishes to thank the Most Honorary Marquess Karl Hungus for his precious help

The correct way to refer to the person Karl Hungus by birth, is now The Marquess of OZ.
donator
The Long Bond current bids:

2 @ 0.30  Asenath
1 @ 0.26  iluvbitcoins
2 @ 0.25  Earl Riccardo
-----------------------------
(only 5 available)

If no more bids come, Long bond pays back 400%.

Marquess Karl bids 1 @ 25

That's a losing one; you need to bid higher than the lowest bid.
donator
donator
Founding of The Hypothecary Bank in CryptoTown
Marquess Joseph subscribes 30 stocks and 30 million worth of Series A bonds.
Asenath Subscribes to 10 stocks and 10 million worth of series A bonds.

Dear Lord Marquess and Asenath,

We will have to point you to the secondary market, since this IPO (despite its commendable size of 2 billion) was fully subscribed in a few hours.

Secondary market is opening in a few hours.

Also Joseph has been mentioning his marquessly bad game finances. In fact the servants could easily be supported with the current income from being a Marquess alone, it is the overdraft interest that is taking its toll yearly, and the remedy is to deposit more money or sell some ingame possessions. (The reason for the bad overdraft is partly that other Nobles have been selling their Noble Palace shares to the Marquess.)
donator
Sorry I might have missed something, I don't understand how much the LDC are worth and how to use them.

Those are worth 10,000,000 each and you can use them as payments for land currently forsale by the town in the new area.

They will be used automatically, just remember to buy any land from Town sales before 1550!
donator
The Dutch auction land prices are just lowered, pick yours!

Year is now 1504 and will soon turn to 1506.
donator
The votes cast after deadline do not count, and I have scheduled my time such that the results should be out already! Lots of things to do in ~3 short hours before freeze!

EDIT: MY BAD. Had left accidentally one yellow cell when I though they were all green... too many things...  Tongue Roll Eyes

Roopatra: T_MON is now available for addition of house costs.
donator
Gold Auction ends in 1:30 hours and gold is (for the last time) offered for 0.08  Shocked Shocked
donator
donator
There is a checksum error in T_MON.

Should not be. Do not EVER leave the sheet without checking that the entries are completed, and the checksum is zero. And correct this one IMMEDIATELY. If you do not know how, ask me.

Obviously at present no other transactions can be made.
donator
Is it built yet? You needs the admin rights activated, supposedly? Smiley
donator
His Majesty is quite amused that the Noble Palace is collecting money from the commoners  Roll Eyes

There is the Grand Hotel, with rooms of every size from 8 to 126 sqm, most tastefully finished, (suffering from being too big into our small town and the situation is not necessarily getting easier with the N.P.),

THIS is the place where the industrious commoners should direct their attention. Both in inviting their friends, and in buying the shares if they so wish.

Shame on everyone for even considering that commoners be allowed in the Noble Palace. The Royal Charter was originally that even the junior nobles would be excluded as well
donator
Master Saddam has grown weary during the design phase of his 6 quadrat estate. The plans would best be finished in solitude, rather than the jovial atmosphere of the Grail and Quail.

Your Majesty, I hereby request a land grant at 1-N-D9 in order to rest and reside in the meantime while my palace is designed and built.

Done.
donator
Subscription list

His Majesty is well aware that the land alone is worth more than the whole corporation according to this IPO. However, according to the original agreement, the Noble Palace is a place where even intrigue against His Majesty must be allowed, to have a safety valve for improper feelings. We must reaffirm our decline to participate this great project.

- G12 was recently sold for 120 mil/q, F7 for 125/q, and you can see for yourself that they are not at the center of the map as A1 is.

- Same is happening as with Grand Hotel, which is already trading 55% over IPO price, even after 10% dividends.

- We must hurry with the department of Economics, so that the royal ranting may be moved there, and away from the thread  Cheesy
donator
Please note that the gold and land auctions (link from the OP) are closing in 1:30 hours.

Unbelievable bargains to be had!
donator
Is there any change to the planned schedule for the web viewable version of the city?

Currently no. I will have a meeting any hour now. The web version is mostly spexed, and will incorporate the basics of the databases, the administrative calculations, plus have the following user functionality:

- Character screen. View characters.
- Lot screen. See facade and stats of buildings.
- Main City Screen. Browse the city and see the map. Click into any space for getting to Lot screen.
- Room(Trollbox) Screen.
Pages:
Jump to: