Pages:
Author

Topic: Re: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(Town) - page 23. (Read 7201 times)

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
I would like to donate for the citadel 50.000 and get one of the lots L1-L54 Smiley

If I am allowed to hold some land of course!

Select one! Take the best one Smiley

I like L7!

Also how much would a library cost to have in our city?

Library in these times is generally part of a larger establishment. For example Royal Palace has a private library, as well as Marquess' Palace. Monero info center holds some books. The coming Noble Palace has a library in its plan. The Town Hall (when it is built), is planned to have a public library.

A small building eg 10x10 with high arching and 64 sqm inner area, would cost about 25-35 million to build so as to contain some books also.
donator
I would like to donate for the citadel 50.000 and get one of the lots L1-L54 Smiley

If I am allowed to hold some land of course!

Select one! Take the best one Smiley
donator
I had a deal with David Latapie, sent him bitcoins instead of XMR, so he bought them on his own

It's been a week since the deal went trough

Why haven't I been updated on aynthing so far  Huh

+ I got no answer on the last PM I sent him on 29th October

Maybe he hasn't read his messages yet, but he is pretty active on IRC. You can contact him in #monero. If you don't understand IRC, just use this link: http://webchat.freenode.net/ , set a nickname and set the channel to monero. You will find him there and you can figure everything out.

This deal is recorded long time ago. David perhaps just missed to inform you Smiley
donator
In service to HM, may I direct you to these information to make a start on ordering some sets of clothing?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tgIzgMza7NQsTpMO9pHke1ZVXYH7l5Sj5bHdZHItivo/edit#gid=342199569

With kind regards.
Can your majesty advise on clothing needs, where do I find the options available?

Your humble servant.
Karl Hungus

the order itself must still be relayed by me
donator
In my paving the roads this day, I wonder if the allowed half allotment was purchased from the peasant masons or were only my own piles depleted, and if not, could what was used in this paving also be bought from peasants to meet the maximum 50%?

In anticipation of your Earlship's grand projects, the peasants were in fact utilized to the maximum already, so the dearth of stone you feel as a result is only to be remedied by interaction with other stone-owners.

Since lamentably the MEW has been dormant and no one has volunteered to help with the construction of the Monero House, another 600,000 stone project, we must conclude that the House will not be ready before the Jubilee. This allows us to sell or loan out the royal stoneproduction of next year, which is about 200,000 stone. But that is next year only, and we would certainly enjoy the continuation of our own projects also. Nevertheless, the importance of the Noble Palace to be ready for the visiting dignitaries overrides our vulgar considerations of building taverns around the town to boost the royal income.
donator
It appears there are several million stone sitting idle.  The Earl of New Liberty is busy paving roads, and now seeks to erect a structure.

Good citizens! Now your excess stone gives you top monereto!

I have Baron Dr. Choo and Earl d'Armagnac with me here but they went to Rakvere for dinner. As the financial advisor to the Baron, I am willing to let him sell 55,000 stone for 120 apiece. Hopefully also the Earl is willing to sell some of his stash. Baron James is supposedly your business associate and may have some. In addition, you are qualified to buy outright 50,000 @ 120 from Luigi's market without even contacting him.

Hopefully this helps.
donator
Now you good Earl(s),

Forgive me my bluntness, but the fact is that Earl David's system could hardly suffer a day with solely foie gras, caviar, champagne, Italian sparkling wine, Gewürtztraminer, red wine, Cognac and Armagnac. He is currently sleeping but We are feeling that the day is just starting!

I am fine with giving the control of his character to Earl Riccardo himself; he has been a sockpuppet of mine because of his wish alone. But this way he can hardly make it to Marquis, that is for sure. Just today I ordered him to build a wall around his haw, it only waits for your Earlship to finish yours.

Otherwise, considering that Bishop David has gone to sleep, we feel vigorous and proud of being able to consume 18 measures of alcohol without becoming noticeably drunk, as well as 7 cigars (only one of them classified as Panatela), nearly half a kilo of foie gras, and all the caviar that was bought (the shopping centre "Solaris" in Tallinn had only 2 tins for sale).

Our Royal Majesty exhorts you - and everyone for that matter - to take advantage of the price of gold that is depressed at the auction, and especially the price of land: between gold and the land, both go to zero if the game does not fly. Unlike gold, land becomes r e a l l y   e x p e n s i v e, if it does.
donator
I would love to see some pictures of this. A two day alcohol binge in an Estonian castle just found its way onto my bucket list.

Lying in my couch, with waterpipe, some Cognac, some Borghesia Rosso, Gewürtztraminer from Alsace (Elsass), and Foie Gras with truffles, having just built the east annex to my palace, complete with 12 apartments for servants...
donator
Why is nobody taking part of our joy??!?  Angry

We have procured a water-pipe, and despite the unlucky finishing of both Dom Perignon and Caviar, there is still plenty of Foie Gras left, as well as every kind of wine imaginable...

Earl David has been granted a haw right to the south from his church, and the tailors are busy filling the orders from our kingdom. So everything is fine. Citizens, rejoice with us!  Grin
donator
As Mr. Luigi always says, where there's a will, there's a way.

Let it here be known that Mr. Luigi is in one accord with HM regarding adequate stone reserves for market making purposes. Mr. Luigi recognizes that he has limited avenues to procure needed reserves, but that he would be seeking out (possibly undisclosed) arrangements with other, larger holders of stone and/or moneritos to fulfill reserve requirements. He further proposes that 250,000 stone be an acceptable initial reserve for the beginning of his market (approximately 12% of current total supply). His market charter would be suspended if he drops below 2.5% of total stone supply for more than a 10 year period (5 real days?) (Mr. Luigi is open to suggestions here as well).

Furthermore, Mr. Luigi feels it appropriate that he have a location for his market in F zone. He feels that the presently up-for-auction F1 block is not close enough to the "Giant Heap of Stone", but recognizes it could work in a pinch.

Mr. Luigi would accept the gift of 27,000 stone but would be most interested to hear what HM could offer regarding needed monerito reserves (Mr. Luigi recognizes that HM's monerito holdings are presently 0, but he is not sure why that is). Mr. Luigi suggests that, at a minimum, he be allowed to exchange 100 of his own CKG for moneritos at the King's Coinshop for 0% margin, giving him (presently) 23.8 million moneritos to add to his reserves. Mr. Luigi estimates that a significant stone supply/demand imbalance will exist for the foreseeable future, and therefore places less emphasis on monerito reserves than stone reserves.

Mr. Luigi will also respond here if/when he manages to obtain the proposed 250,000 initial reserve, of course still pending review and approval/changes/suggestions from HM.

His Majesty is very pleased of the determined approach of Mr. Luigi (and his possible associates).

We cannot comment on the technical signing of the contracts, the Town Registry can only contain parchment and stone slabs at present. Perhaps there is a need to appoint a public notary for such stuff, ...

We want to re-iterate our proposal as follows:

- 27,000 stone is immediately gifted from HM stoneary to Mr. Luigi;

- HM grants the new-built vacant basement shop from the Royal Palace (41 sqm in i8) for the headquarters and customer service of this operation, for free, until more massive quarters can be built by the operators;

- upon the 10th anniversary of the successful operation, Mr. Luigi is promoted Expert (L5);

- the trade of 100 gold for moneritos can be done on 5% margin;

- Mr. Luigi promises to make markets for stone so that:
  1) There is always both a buy and sell offer, which may not be more than 20% apart.
  2) The characters can access the market solely based on published prices, without needing to contact Mr. Luigi (contact administrator instead).
  3) One character may not purchase or sell more than 50,000 stone until giving Mr. Luigi the opportunity to update prices.
  4) Mr. Luigi may be contacted for larger quantities or special pricing.
  5) The King is not that interested in reserve requirements, because the whole lamentation was due to the stone not being used. As long as there remains stone to buy in the market, we are good.
donator
We are currently tending to pressing affairs of the State, yet will communicate concerning the proposal shortly.
donator
Royal Plea for the opening of the Stone Market

His Majesty is not pleased with the situation that his Palace and many other planned great buildings have not been constructed, due to some citizens' hoarding of stone, while the willing builders must go without.

We are (still) not willing to touch the dirty trade of dealing with stone ourselves. To encourage someone to start a stone market, which would enable buying and selling of stone in the same way as King's Coinshop allows it for gold, we are willing to grant him either:

- 25,000 stone, or
- a loan of 100,000 stone, payable in 100 years.

The practical arrangement would be a page in Character and Resource Database with buy and sell prices and maximum quantities. The administrator can perform all the practical tasks, as long as the price setting is the merchant's duty. In case of stone, even higher spread than 10% could well be instituted.

If it please HM, I, Luigi Romano, would be willing to open a stone market for a gift of 35,000 stone. (Is bartering with HM conscionable?)

Mr. Luigi Romano's resources for offering such a market are currently weak. Our Majesty is contemplating that 50,000 stone would be purchasable (at minimum) at one price, and the total stores should contain hundreds of thousands. Mr. Luigi does not have the moneritos with which to buy stone, neither has he himself the stone for the starting stash. Furthermore, HM stash of stone is only 27,000 which can be fully granted but not more. Can we have a more detailed explanation concerning how Mr. Luigi would be able to operate the market?
donator
donator
Very nice work.
I can see that Risto have a lot of experience in making games (game design, rules, story, communication, ...).
This could get really big.

Thank you for the encouragement. Yes it is nice to do something with passion, even though it kinda came out of woods here.

I like the idea and mechanisms a lot myself. The rules could be better written (impatience). And right now the burden of everything rests on me, but is expected to be distributed in a few weeks, and after 3 weeks the online version already comes to ease the bookkeeping part.

Hope everybody manages to open the Google sheets that have the first visualisation of the city map, and the building rules.

With building, I do not have the idea that everyone should become an architect or a building contractor, any more than that everyone needed to grow their own potatoes (the potato farming will be implemented later), cut their own hair (barbers -..-), make their food (family and taverns will both -..-), or even walk around (drivers -..-).

If the building design subgame interests you, please play it by all means. Otherwise, buy a ready made unit or order a design from an architect. Crypto Kingdom is all about subgames that give you something to master, from all walks of life, according to player interests.
donator
David, rpietela,

I sent the 100 XMR to the adress 4B8suUor7am45MUc7pH3EZeH2UumpWFYHhnHkLvffgsLCY3PF1ShEF3dnGQ615Nq4RBk9M4JKyeRS1E 5jCm23gytJ5R1Xe6 , before seen the message from David to pay with a payment ID. Have you receive the payment ?

It is accounted for, thank you.

Also all the others who have had dues, except saddambitcoin and AdamWhite have been registered as having paid. These guys should contact David soon with the payment practicalities (after 72 hours from the allocation their deal will be cancelled and meanwhile the price has risen).
donator
Tomorrow the game will start!  Grin

(Busy with the rulebook)
donator
Well lets wait and watch what the game will be like but I kind of don't like the idea that you won't be able to withdraw whatever you make within the game even if its in the form of Cryptocurrencies. Does seem to be a very good idea though.

If there's a will, there's a way.
donator
Seriously, if it's a game, have some rules on how anyone can become a king based on game merit

Only one King can reign at a time, otherwise it would not count...

...but anything can happen.  Wink

And below King there are Dukes, Marquess, Earls and Barons. And Magnates, Professors, Knights, Master Artesans and Master Engineers. People have badges, medals, honors and orders. Everyone can make their own badge and award it as little or as much as they like. And do it in 5 classes: bronze, silver, gold, platinum and diamond.

For example "Social" badge is awarded from the total lines of chat written in the various trollboxes:
- bronze for 10 lines
- silver for 100 lines
- gold for 1,000 lines
- platinum for 10,000 lines
- diamond for 100,000 lines.

Experience is gained from the game, doing things. Hardly even the King has as much experience than the best players. And ranks lower in the ranking.

These are just examples that it is not unidirectional, but a plethora of possibilities.
donator
This sounded interesting until "I, as the king"..
By putting yourself in this position I think that you hurt Monero more than you help.
I believe many people don't want to touch Monero because of your vocal involvement, and this will only aggravate the problem.

LOL, everyone knows the lower classes have all the fun and freedom. Grin
The King has to stay pompous and above it all, while the peasants get to boogie out.
It isn't like they actually have to work or anything.
Because...
Its a game, its only a game, don't make it seem like it is something serious enough to get upset about.
Save the emotions for real things.
The king deleted my comment, the king don't like criticism..

Definitely not. If the intention is to criticize the King, you better pick another virtual town to live in, preferably before you get too much EXP, cause you lose it all by criticising the King in the wrong place  Shocked
donator
As as was telling you in Poloniex chat, if you need any beta testers let me know. Smiley

Our schedule is first to sell the initial stash of gold to willing buyers to 1)start the technical development and 2)gain the first userbase.

Then lock in the town map and zone the areas for public buildings, private houses, agora and King's castle, publish it.

Then auction out the plots that may be used for private houses. The currency to be used at this point is Gold, since no millies exist yet. Boys are busy coding the game meanwhile.

Make a static website that shows the current state of our town, with (hopefully) lots of preparation going on.

Now the Player mgmt system is ready, and all user data will be transferred to it from the various excelsheets.

"Room" functionality with trollbox and some command line tricks will be tried with the whole of the userbase at first.

"Facade" page and "Room" page layouts are finished and owners of land can design (or let design) their houses if they want to build them and other wallpapers (alpacas grazing eating boolberries from bushes) if they want to keep the land for speculation.

Deposit XMR/BTC is implemented and tested, so that the players can load their accounts with money.

The construction of a house is priced simply such that the maximum square meters one can build in one plot is 2,000sqm (requires a 6-storey building with no yard), although it is ok to build anything smaller. This is multiplied by the prestige of the building (millies/sqm) that does not have any limits. When the game starts, part of the construction costs are doled out to low-level players as windfall "rush job wages" encouraging rapid adoption of the game at that point.

All components of the basic game engine are in place.

Finishing: some storytelling aspects are added, bugs fixed, wallpapers added to every facade and room, data checked.

L A U N C H

Development continues... Smiley

The original OP is preserved here:

Crypto Kingdom

Gameworld

Crypto Kingdom is a virtual world that uses Monero(XMR) as money. The "main screen" is a map of square plots with a similar look to the main map of Civilization 1 from 1991. The whole game is a tongue-in-cheek retro style with pixelated graphics and music of the era. By clicking to one of the several buildings or attractions, the player first arrived to a pixel-art "building facade view", and then gets to "rooms" where he can perform actions.

The main action in each room is Trollbox, where players can chat, tip money, drink various beverages, give reputation, play simple games etc. Some of the rooms have special features such as dice games, links to information resources or news, advertisements, faucets, businesses. Some are private houses of wealthy citizens, meeting places of guilds, and the King's castle is there also. The facade view and room view wallpapers are different for each house and room. New features will constantly be added with the focus on playability, not on graphics. Owners of buildings can also add functional features to their buildings, even make them income generating. Only rich people will own houses, it is also possible to rent, and even that is not a requirement. Markets are free and not regulated.

The land is a limited resource, giving rise to real estate speculation. The most prestigious lots may be valued very high in the initial auction and the aftermarket. New land will be claimed for the town according to the Town Council's decisions, zoned and auctioned, when it seems profitable to do it. There is an absolute cost that the game must pay to the Monero development donation address for each metre of new city wall constructed. This sets the minimum value for new land before it can be claimed.

Economy

The ingame currency is millies (0.001 XMR), and it's possible to play with only ingame faucets and giveaways, but to get something real going, the account needs to be funded. This is possible with BTC and XMR. Due to legal reasons, winnings cannot be paid out, but the town is full of people that can exchange ingame value for real life value, just as in other similar games such as EVE Online, and p2p exchange is the way to go and part of the thrill of the gameplay.

In addition to millies, there is a known quantity of Gold, partly even the owners are known. Gold represents the votepower and "ownership" of the Town Council, the game world, the "company" itself. When the Town Council runs a surplus (by zoning land, for example), the excess millies are distributed to the Gold owners as ingame dividends. Gold/millies market exists. New gold comes to the game constantly, diluting the ownership of the previous owners. This amount of new gold is tied to the total amount of time the players collectively play the game, and is randomly awarded to the players one coin at a time. Each hour played generates $0.xx worth of Gold. With 1,000 Gold, the player is eligible to take a seat in the Town Council and decide over matters of the gameworld. With 10,000 Gold, the King has no choice but to raise the player to Baronhood.

Character

Players have a character that, after the introductory levels, can take one of 5 career paths - Servants of the King (moderators and such), Engineers (game developers, also get a cut of ingame construction), Merchants (businessmen and people who want to pay to play), Scholars (wise people having an academic profession, and knowers of Bitcoin and Monero) and Artesans (handy townspeople who spend the time in taverns and earn when there is building going on in town). Each path has several levels with increasing perks and prestige.

The most advanced players in each path may be promoted to Nobility, again of different levels. Nobility owns large palaces in the most prestigious areas, and huge stashes of Gold. They may converse with the King, and when visiting drinkhouses, they always drink wine, which is 10 times more expensive than beer, and gives the tavernkeeper a good income. Or just entertain each other in their palaces and plan new businesses for Cryptocurrency's advancement.

Although there is no avatar, the profile page of a player can be accessed by clicking his name in the chat. That lists the picture, whatever the person wants to say, and his achievements in numeral lists, Badges, Medals, Honors, and Orders. The game has numerous ways to keep track of achievement, so each player may decide to excel in something, even if he lacks the resources to attain the cream of the society.

To Whom And Why

The game is directly playable in a browser and no questions are asked, also no deposit needs to be made. It can be started with never putting money in, and in fact 90% of the players are expected to do so, working from rags to... middle class, at least. 1% of the remaining 10% is expected to pay 90% of all income to the game. They also get promoted to the highest powers.

The game is developed especially to be a way to increase popular (small holder) interest towards Monero, but it will include many bonuses for MEW members joining. The ways how Monero (and any cryptocurrency whose holders gain presence in the game) can be promoted to the players are very many: information, chat, games, forum links, ways to invite other people in the game and give them a starting stash are just some.

Schedule

Estimate for a playable version consisting of basic functionality of Main map, Player mgmt, Funding the Acct, Wallpapers, Trollbox = 3 weeks from the start of coding. Estimate comes from the developer team.

Call To Crowdfunding Action

No companies or anything will be established, this is a virtual world, with account funded only by cryptocurrencies, and no official cashout possible. The initial quantity of Gold in the game is 1,000,000 Gold, and the amount will grow only very slowly until the game has thousands of players. As King, I will retain half of the gold, and half (500,000 Gold) will be sold to finance the development. The proceeds go to Town Council, which is owned in proportion to ownership of Gold. If - what is very much possible - the whole sum is not needed until the game turns profitable, it will be distributed as dividends, such as all profits.

Price of 1 Gold is 0.1 XMR, and the minimum quantity that can be purchased is 1,000 Gold = 100 XMR. Smaller quantities can be purchased ingame. This works out as 50,000 XMR crowdfunding round and 100,000 XMR valuation for the whole game.

If you are interested in crowdfunding-like exchanging totally immaterial and virtual and ridiculous and valueless XMR crypto"currency" (ever since 2014-4-18, almost half a year!) to totally immaterial and virtual and ridiculous and valueless Kingdom game ingame "Gold" (ever since next week) at a conversion rate above, indicate your interest below. (10,000 Gold gets you into Nobility as a Baron, more for higher.) Gold is sold while supplies last, and IF it is sold out fast, I will try to distribute it wider by cutting the subscriptions, but price will not be raised. If it sells a little only, so that I need to cut the price, the discount applies to all. Every right to do whatever else is retained as well.

I am happy to answer any questions! Smiley

Disclaimer

No actual money will ever be involved in this game in any form, so we totally disclaim any responsibility to even care what anyone might wish to require concerning the use of money, anywhere. This is a totally voluntary, NO MONEY INVOLVED, venture. If you feel the XMR or BTC you fund your account have any value, DON*T DO IT. If you feel you have no right or qualification to play this game, DON*T.
Pages:
Jump to: