Pages:
Author

Topic: Real life usage of bitcoin - page 49. (Read 8971 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(
June 01, 2017, 11:23:45 PM
Since its inception, I have used bitcoins to buy the exact same things you do with fiat, hoard some, invested some, bought stuff from digital games and online purchases to brick and mortar shops that actually occasionally accept bitcoin. Your assumptions are mostly unfounded. Value comes with usage, not with hoarding 100%
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
June 01, 2017, 11:20:35 PM
I've use bitcoin to buy computers, gold, silver, and various collectibles on this forum. It is very useful if you know how to spend it.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
June 01, 2017, 11:12:04 PM
Well what is the real life usage of gold? Isnt that it is just used to shine things and it makes you feel almighty with the gold you have?. But that's is just the typical perspective of it. Real usage of it is to more firm objects like any other minerals. They add a little gold for a more stronger foundation of some items like the diamonds. The same is the usage of btc but in the cryptoworld. Btc may make you feel rich but it also helps other coins as a foundation for there own coins.

glad you put it that way Smiley
it is the same and it proves my point. the fact that you know only 1 usage for gold (or bitcoin) doesn't mean they are being used only for that 1 and nothing else.

1. jewelry is obviously the most usage
2. investment, as a financial backing for currency
3. Electronics in computers and other electrical devices
4. Dentistry as in fillings
5. Aerospace
6. Medical usages: from coating biological specimens to usage in nanotechnology

and none of these are small time usages.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Dijual
June 01, 2017, 10:40:30 PM
the fact that it is mostly used for speculation, and the fact that you have not yet seen or maybe looked for its usages doesn't mean it doesn't have them.

Growing and building your own business has never been so easy thanks to Bitcoin.

it is easier with bitcoin! and it actually will be a lot more profitable if you do it with bitcoin because there is a lot of room for new businesses that already exist with fiat but not with bitcoin.
take a look around you and you'll see a lot of them who are thriving:
- payment processors such as Bitpay
- gambling sites: just look at some of the signatures and how much those websites are earning!!!
- online shops: there are a lot of them selling all kinds of stuff, from digital small goods such as gift cards (Gyft.com) and games,... to bigger physical goods.
- exchanges
- web wallets that control the private keys such as XAPO and Coinbase
- bank like services that are issuing debit cards for bitcoin.

Well what is the real life usage of gold? Isnt that it is just used to shine things and it makes you feel almighty with the gold you have?. But that's is just the typical perspective of it. Real usage of it is to more firm objects like any other minerals. They add a little gold for a more stronger foundation of some items like the diamonds. The same is the usage of btc but in the cryptoworld. Btc may make you feel rich but it also helps other coins as a foundation for there own coins.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
June 01, 2017, 10:36:05 PM
the fact that it is mostly used for speculation, and the fact that you have not yet seen or maybe looked for its usages doesn't mean it doesn't have them.

Growing and building your own business has never been so easy thanks to Bitcoin.

it is easier with bitcoin! and it actually will be a lot more profitable if you do it with bitcoin because there is a lot of room for new businesses that already exist with fiat but not with bitcoin.
take a look around you and you'll see a lot of them who are thriving:
- payment processors such as Bitpay
- gambling sites: just look at some of the signatures and how much those websites are earning!!!
- online shops: there are a lot of them selling all kinds of stuff, from digital small goods such as gift cards (Gyft.com) and games,... to bigger physical goods.
- exchanges
- web wallets that control the private keys such as XAPO and Coinbase
- bank like services that are issuing debit cards for bitcoin.
Activity: 714
Merit: 252
June 01, 2017, 10:25:28 PM
Its nothing like that. It doesn't matter if bitcoin confirmations are slow or what. When you send you bitcoins you can not really revert the payment so the buyer is is assured that he will get his money. Also, you can negotiate fees and ask buyer to pay half and you will pay half that way confirmation would be faster. It is not necessary to have bitcoin as mode of payment. You can easily swap your bitcoins in the form of USD or whatever your local currency is with the help of exchangers and then pay to buyer. Why to restrict one self by just sticking to bitcoins. You can keep earning wealth as well and keep spending at the same rate and it gives you all the freedom you want.
Activity: 235
June 01, 2017, 10:15:36 PM
I have the first and only reply so far on the topic.

Cause I get you.... what's the point right? is there any real life usage?

PEOPLE are using it only as a means to increase their wealth, doing trading. And believe me, I know people that are set for life.

I miss my chance, shit happens.

But real usage? Dude, what are you doing with Bitcoin?
Do you have an idea? Grow it... and if you need help, get some devs and grow you idea. Making it happen. Or do you think you need permission?  -- Gavin Andersen   ( that's almost a quote from G.A)

Transaction speed to slow? C'mon there are easy ways to solve that using alt-coins and exchanges, and other methods, transaction speed will increase as technology is adopted by Bitcoin, like Sewgit and Lightning transactions in Litecoin. Possibbly other coins can go mainstream.

The fact is that there's no middle man ( taking out of the pictures the Bitcoin miners fee which I believe is has grown out of proportion for small transactions , but Bitcoin is the first coin without a country, ain't that enough for you?)

Think about something you can build with Bitcoin, and if you have the means, please do.

This is about the possibility of what we can do, the people, not being controlled and governed by private banking institutions.

But to answer your question>>> Real life usage with Bitcoin?
yeah, sure you can use it to buy anything online with third party services, even a house.
But REAL LIFE usage, is still not implemented.

And this is only my opinion.

I hope I will be the first to do something with Bitcoin in the city I live in.
And yes, I'm building and doing launching something myself this very month.(crossing fingers while I wait for a transaction being made)

Cheers, hope you find the answer you are looking for, here or in the following replies.
This is us, no Banks, no institution,but people.
Activity: 140
Peace not piece.
June 01, 2017, 06:18:35 PM
Don't you think price blast not correlate with its real life usage since its inception?

Its hoarded for speculative purpose but how many major cities in the world have even its ATM?

I mean we all the time correlate its value with fiat currency then buy/take then what's its purpose in my day to day life?

Who will accept it in store when confirmation time is so long.
Pages:
Jump to: