Pages:
Author

Topic: Reasons why ICOs fail - page 18. (Read 319609 times)

copper member
Activity: 560
Merit: 64
January 29, 2019, 10:54:23 AM
1. No need for decentralization or token economy for a particular project.
2. The absolute vulnerability of investors and impunity for the organizers of the Scam.
3. No possibility to return funds to a specific investor if he is not satisfied with the attitude of the development team and deviation from the roadmap/ initial idea.
4. Immaturity of the market and high sensitivity to any crypto news/panic.
5. External political and regulatory factors exerting pressure on the whole industry.
Activity: 2478
Merit: 215
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 29, 2019, 10:45:59 AM
Lack of support from the community or lack of interest if the project are not useful for daily lives. There's so many reason why wasn't successful, the investor's looking for the future not for the short time.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
January 29, 2019, 10:40:38 AM
ICOs can fail due to multiple reasons. One of them is that ICo has too big hardcap and during negative trend it is harder to collect funds on crowdsale. At the moment I would leave no more than 1mln $ for crowdsale
copper member
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
January 29, 2019, 10:36:20 AM
There are many ICOs out there, but more than 50% of them fail.
From my analogy, could this be the reasons why ICOs fail?
1. Being too complicated:
If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
2. No unique Use case and lack of creativity:
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"
I believe the list continues.

in my opinion, most ico only provide mainstream products and are not interested by investors, that is why their ICO fails and there are also many developers who are unfamiliar and don't understand the crypto world well.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
January 29, 2019, 10:22:36 AM
In recent times I will say that most ICOs fail because of no trust from investors in their projects, previously there was a less scam but now scam everywhere.

Indeed. For us it is really difficult to get any resonance at all. Though all information are available and publicly available like our VAT number, etc. Another thing is, that people should stop making ICOs to finance a project. A lot of IT based projects can be done with own financial resources. At least, developers should show a working prototype at the ICO date.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
January 29, 2019, 10:20:06 AM
You are right, and the sad part it's that this situation continues emerging and it can't be solved at all.But we have to recognize that the ICO market it's very saturated and it's pretty hard to find a new idea which another project didn't addressed.
Activity: 868
Merit: 116
January 29, 2019, 10:19:08 AM
In recent times I will say that most ICOs fail because of no trust from investors in their projects, previously there was a less scam but now scam everywhere.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 110
January 29, 2019, 09:57:26 AM
The main reason is that the majority of projects do not need their own coins, they are created only to raise funds, which further does not help the development of the project, and the coin turns into garbage.
copper member
Activity: 280
Merit: 5
January 29, 2019, 09:51:00 AM
Just like you mentioned, there are diverse reasons why ICOs fail, some lack the right marketing strategy, some lack good product and some just lack the right vision.
copper member
Activity: 104
January 29, 2019, 09:49:20 AM
Because people now getting smarter and understand that every ico raising millions of dollars without any solid work are just here for milking investor. they remember how icos exploited the system in past by taking care of angle and seed investors who dumps their bags on poor investors.
Activity: 434
January 26, 2019, 01:57:24 AM
Such a situation actually had to happen sometime. The market can not show constant rapid growth. I have long been waiting for the correction of the market and the deterioration of the situation. Moreover, due to the increasing ICO competition and the increasing number of scammers. But I believe that the situation with time will improve in any case, just need to wait.
Activity: 714
Merit: 100
January 26, 2019, 12:38:30 AM
I think ICOs is not very popular now that's why many ICO failed, and also last year ICOs and crypto were like very high hype and now the hype is gone. as we know ICO prices are always down after listing in exchange, which is why many people do not want to invest in the ICOs.

But some people like investing in ICO a lot. They think that investment in ICO is profitable and there are also disadvantages. So, in my opinion, ICO is still a success and there are still some who fail.
Activity: 309
January 25, 2019, 11:32:28 PM
I think ICOs is not very popular now that's why many ICO failed, and also last year ICOs and crypto were like very high hype and now the hype is gone. as we know ICO prices are always down after listing in exchange, which is why many people do not want to invest in the ICOs.
copper member
Activity: 686
Merit: 2
January 25, 2019, 11:15:48 PM
Due to the ease of creating smart contracts, so many persons believe that organising an ICO is an easy way to make quick money. They are only interested in getting listed and dumping the tokens on investors. ICO's scam is more prevalent in the cryptocurrency space due to the ill conceived notion, that it's a lucrative scheme. It takes more than getting listed for a project to stand the test of time. My advice is to abstain from ICO's without a clear use case.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
MOBU
January 25, 2019, 07:51:54 PM
There can be a lot of reasons, for example, very strong competitors who will do better. For example, scammers who originally created a project to deceive. For example, states that prevented the development of the project. A lot of reasons may be.
Activity: 983
Merit: 100
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
January 25, 2019, 07:47:49 PM
The reason why ICO fail is their concept not strong enough. Mostly the project run right now dont have new idea or already run by other project. So, investor wont spend their money in that project. Another reason is the condition of market is not healthy
Activity: 44
Merit: 2
January 25, 2019, 07:43:11 PM
When all is said and done, ICOs were a ridiculously fast way to raise money for whatever % of the tokens (not even equity) you sought to acquire. That said, they're actually brilliant for companies looking to raise a quick buck with little scrutiny - and this was the problem. 
Activity: 272
Easy Digital Payment for the Future
January 24, 2019, 06:55:47 PM
I think what you say is true, especially about creativity, ICO can be likened to making a shop in the market so big that if you don't have innovation or differentiation then you won't stand out or have big appeal but in my opinion the most important thing is what we offer is something that is always needed even as a basic necessity so I am sure that the store will not be empty of buyers
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
January 24, 2019, 06:33:48 PM
If a developer is not ready for a project, it will be better for him to wait, than to give a half-baked project.
Projects that are not well planned tend to fail. There are other reasons too, but planning is very essential and if well done, it can make the project to achieve its goal as fast as possible.
Activity: 364
January 24, 2019, 06:18:50 PM
If you make an analysis, you can come to the conclusion that most ICOs are useless. But people invested in these projects in 2017, just because they wanted to make a big profit. At the moment, the situation has changed a lot.
Pages:
Jump to: