Pages:
Author

Topic: Reasons why ICOs fail - page 31. (Read 319609 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 105
September 20, 2018, 11:31:58 AM
because of scam companies. people lost their interest because that i think. whenever people trust again, ico's rise again.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Look ARROUND!
September 20, 2018, 11:25:01 AM
A wrong token metric can be a significant reason. There are many ICOs intending to raise such a high amount of money not reasonably for their project. Holding most of the tokens for themselfs, and offering only a very small part for investors can also be problematic.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
September 17, 2018, 06:27:06 AM
Lots of fake and scamming ico's ruining tha market place.
Activity: 1005
Merit: 500
September 17, 2018, 02:53:10 AM
Many ICO projects are now very informal. If you encounter government supervision and review, you will almost never escape the fate of failure.
copper member
Activity: 51
September 17, 2018, 02:44:47 AM
not all ico fail the problem is to identify the good one from garbage
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
September 17, 2018, 02:43:51 AM
it could be because the attractiveness of investors is currently declining, maybe this has an effect from the current unstable BTC and ETH prices.
I agree with you completely.
Market is very bearish, BTC and ETH are unstable and people don`t really want to invest anymore. I am one of them as well.
9 months without any ICO investment and still dont want to..
Activity: 532
Merit: 25
September 17, 2018, 02:41:37 AM
As far as I understand, when somebody creates tokens for ICO, he spends minimum money for this and the main goal of the ICO and bounty by itself is to find investors and to collect money for project. Sometimes they collect not enough money and close ICO because they can’t start their project. I guess, this is one of the most widespread reasons, why ICO fails.
September 17, 2018, 02:17:15 AM
WEAK BUSINESS PLAN
Merit: 102
September 17, 2018, 02:15:57 AM
I do not think that 50% of failed ICOs is too much. In any business, percentage of loss-making campaigns is high. If we take the sphere of startups, only one project out of ten survives there. So, it is not so bad in the field of ICO as it is given in media
You are absolutely right 50% is a very good indicator, unfortunately as a result of my observations the percentage of failed ICO is more than 90%.
copper member
Activity: 238
GDZKVBV3L3JU5TFDBWMUMPZAHD3OSM2I3TAJRWPG7KU5U4UZCI
September 17, 2018, 02:10:47 AM
One if the reason most ICOs failed is the founder itself, the mind set of the founder is key to drive any project , once the mind set is I will be rich in a short time, then their is not that project can do that will make it succeed, even if it has good project, but if the aim is to really provide for people's need and drive the world economy then it will definitely survive,
Many jump in to ico cause of the money and once they see the money they forget the investors, even now both good project that has product and those without all setting $20mln above as hard cap ,you can't see an ico that say $5mln is the hard cap even when they have nothing to do and after the ICOs they did nothing and the funds are spent personally .
Some in token allocation you will see reserve for project development and again in the how the ico funds going to be soend you still see like 50% for project development and I begin to wonder how many project development is one token having so in other words they are thief and will release the reserve token small by small and pocket the money even after large sum from ico that is not spend on anything.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
September 17, 2018, 02:10:22 AM
The main reason for distrust of ICO is that some projects, having collected the necessary amount, disappear. BUT the most important reason is that now the bear market, and when the coin is released on the exchange its value is less than on the ICO, people do not want to lose their money.
Activity: 266
September 17, 2018, 02:04:09 AM
As of today most of the ICO fails because of the market situation and of course because of bad marketing team, lack of hype and incompetent leadership..
September 17, 2018, 01:59:24 AM
For me the main reason of it was because the number of investors are lessen, due to scammers that can easily enter the ICO.
Activity: 742
Merit: 21
Be the reason someone smiles today
September 17, 2018, 01:56:54 AM
Problem with ICOs is that they entered into a vicious cyrcle and it's very hard to get out of it. Most of ICOs are or become scam sooner or later.

However, there are also legit ICOs, but their credibility is much affected by the image created by the scam ICOs. This makes the soft/hard cap very difficult to reach even for very good ICOs. As an alternative I would recommend investments in non-ICO projects. (see one good example in my signature)
Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
September 17, 2018, 01:52:44 AM
it could be because the attractiveness of investors is currently declining, maybe this has an effect from the current unstable BTC and ETH prices.
Majority of the investors can easily be shaken, they will leave the market because they think bitcoin will crash and crypto as a whole will not survive.
But, those who carefully study the trends and the price history will become aggressive in investing as they understand at bear market the price will dump.
Activity: 80
September 15, 2018, 09:07:12 PM
Activity: 140
September 15, 2018, 08:57:33 PM
Majority of ICO which has failed was launched by newcomers who have very limited knowledge of the online marketing techniques and do not understand the need for continuous auditing, measurement and reporting to improve their ICOs. To avoid this, make sure that you know about the tools which can help you to do all these things, the tools which allow you to track the conversions and user behavior, e.g. Google Analytics.
Activity: 250
Merit: 10
September 15, 2018, 08:45:21 PM
There are many ICOs out there, but more than 50% of them fail.
From my analogy, could this be the reasons why ICOs fail?
1. Being too complicated:
If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
2. No unique Use case and lack of creativity:
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"
I believe the list continues.

in addition, products that are too boastful or products that are not too needed
people will not be interested in products that are too amazing but the reality is just bragging
Activity: 372
Merit: 12
September 15, 2018, 08:28:52 PM
I think the main reasons why ICO's fail it's because many poeple don't support it and their project don't have budget to make it excellent project. The more you have enough budget it will success.
Merit: 100
ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB
September 15, 2018, 08:17:06 PM
Because most of the ICO project is more like a hype, they didn't have any meaning, from their white paper can determine that they are unlikely to succeed, so I think now is not a good time to an investment ICO.

Ico will fail depending on its project, because the growth is always depending on the marketing strategy of the developers and that is the reason why we should be waiting for the price to pump up in the market before selling.
Pages:
Jump to: