Pages:
Author

Topic: Reasons why ICOs fail - page 53. (Read 319609 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 0
July 20, 2018, 11:41:06 AM
The more troublesome it feels to pick an ICO venture that can be fruitful and not fall flat. Particularly when there is an ICO venture that was intentionally made a trick. What's more, one of the reasons for the venture could come up short is on the grounds that the offer of its tokens did not meet the objective.
ask
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
July 20, 2018, 11:39:18 AM
Marketing is the first factor. ICOs now needs more influencers to promote their projects.
Signature campaigns are very important and content generation is the next important part of marketing ICO
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
July 20, 2018, 11:37:57 AM
I participated in almost 50 different ico and not one project has never moved according to the road map. The deadlines are constantly shifting.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
July 20, 2018, 11:36:01 AM
I agree with these points. Many projects are only a few developers who are not strong in marketing and promotion.
Activity: 559
Merit: 102
July 20, 2018, 11:31:19 AM
An ICO is the easiest way to raise money today but success depends on several factors:
1) First, your product offering has no market. ICO fail because their product or service has need or demand in the market.
2) Poor brand identity. People make subliminal decisions in seconds and the way your brand looks and is represented.
3) Poor PR and marketing content. At any stage the ICO good communication and PR are the key.
4) Unrealistic budget and objectives. The higher you set your hard cap, the more budget you will need for marketing, design, development and PR.
5) Lack of reporting and measurement. A lot of teams behind ICO's are new comers to the online marketing space and don't understand the importance of analytics and reports before it is too late. In order to succeed, you need to make sure you have properly set up tools like Google Analytics with necessary goals to track user behavior.
It's correct. Which ICOs can meet at least three of the five things that you describe will succeed. But to get such ICOs is really rare
Activity: 81
July 20, 2018, 11:28:04 AM
I think that the main reason is the distrust of people to invest their money in projects in a falling market, because now it is the falling market when people lose their money and they are not going to lose them, so they simply fix the deposits.
Activity: 112
July 20, 2018, 11:18:43 AM
2018 ICO too much, and new + good idea no more, it hard to success if you don't have good idea, good team ( both marketing and development )
Activity: 140
July 20, 2018, 11:16:40 AM
Yes everything you describe is very true. investors will choose ico projects that are acceptable in real life and have a high value. this will make the price at the time registered in the market is stable and increase in every year.
Activity: 97
July 20, 2018, 11:13:49 AM
An ICO is the easiest way to raise money today but success depends on several factors:
1) First, your product offering has no market. ICO fail because their product or service has need or demand in the market.
2) Poor brand identity. People make subliminal decisions in seconds and the way your brand looks and is represented.
3) Poor PR and marketing content. At any stage the ICO good communication and PR are the key.
4) Unrealistic budget and objectives. The higher you set your hard cap, the more budget you will need for marketing, design, development and PR.
5) Lack of reporting and measurement. A lot of teams behind ICO's are new comers to the online marketing space and don't understand the importance of analytics and reports before it is too late. In order to succeed, you need to make sure you have properly set up tools like Google Analytics with necessary goals to track user behavior.
Activity: 168
July 19, 2018, 06:33:59 AM
There are no unique cases and lack of creativity are the main reasons for ICO's failure, and most ICO is only long-term planning, and there is no specific implementation of the road map.
copper member
Activity: 381
July 19, 2018, 06:25:45 AM
Again, I think some icos fail because of the saturation in thier sector already. Too many projects offering same solution. This way, people look for something new and refreshing.
Activity: 128
Merit: 1
July 19, 2018, 06:15:00 AM
Your thoughts look like quite logic and I agree with you. ICO are becoming less reliable now and I am really confused with this trend. I hope it will not to continue.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
July 19, 2018, 02:25:56 AM
The success of ICO is determined primarily by its acceptance by the audience. If an ICO is not able  to gain audience's trust then it won't be successful and won't fulfill its purpose.
Activity: 107
July 17, 2018, 11:54:36 PM
Sure, because many of them is just copy paste another project and if they has a same concept but i believe it's lack creativity and not unique. Just look at this situation now, maybe since january in this year more than 50% icos are failed.

Yes, and I gues almost 75% of icos will fail again once the market will god dip again. Most of them are copy pasted, the only difference is the seriousness and dedications of team members to make the project successful.
Activity: 258
Merit: 10
July 17, 2018, 11:48:13 PM
One reason running on my mind. ICO are mostly failed in ICO because of the market level of risk. Everytime is dump and of course it affect the mind set of investor. Why would they buy a coin or token in ICO while it surely dump below ICO. So most of us just scared for any losses
Activity: 183
July 17, 2018, 07:55:40 PM
I think that most of the ICO fail because there were people who wanted to cheat and get money from us and not worried about new technologies and their implementation.
copper member
Activity: 812
Merit: 6
July 17, 2018, 06:07:18 PM
2. No unique Use case and lack of creativity
There are many similar blockchains with good ROI, so i think uniqueness is not a reason for fail. Low hype really can be a problem for the project..
Activity: 712
Merit: 15
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
July 17, 2018, 05:32:20 PM
A lot of ICOs fail due to different reasons. Most of them do not have a good plan, a working prototype (a good one not just rubbish), long term plan is not good enough.
Another reason is the team. The team of most ICOs do not have the necessary experience and expertise to develop the project. Though the idea might be good but team is very important for the execution.
And some are outright scam that just want to collect money from the public.
Activity: 149
July 17, 2018, 12:51:46 PM
There are many ICOs out there, but more than 50% of them fail.
From my analogy, could this be the reasons why ICOs fail?
1. Being too complicated:
If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
2. No unique Use case and lack of creativity:
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"
I believe the list continues.
I don’t think they fail, the crash failed almost everything. I think there’s a great chance that people will go for ICOs like Liven and RedCab as they are targeting real markets like food and transport. They will be the top projects in future as crypto is becoming mainstream.
Activity: 238
July 17, 2018, 11:10:27 AM
I totally agree with you! Each ICO that is now launched copies someone's already working idea. At this rate, soon will be lost all meaning for investors.
Pages:
Jump to: