Pages:
Author

Topic: Reasons why ICOs fail - page 64. (Read 319609 times)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
June 20, 2018, 12:43:00 PM
1. Not having a solid business plan, internally, and just "winging, it".
2. Not looking 5 to 10 years in the future, and answering the fundamental question: will our innovation or use case even be needed.
3. Throwing blockchain on a business that is fine without blockchain or jumping into a field where there are already 5 more established companies doing the same thing.
4. Shooting themselves in the foot with bad P.R and failing to control the rumor mill. Case and point: OCN and the promised 1:1 airdrop.
5 Not having adequate funding or any idea what funds they will actually need.
6. "Winging it" on exchange listings. Not knowing the listing fees and what it takes before they even have their ICO. They run up against roadblocks that they did not anticipate (the recent BANCA situation)
7. Not having appropriate legal help.
8. Insider trading and other illegality that will get them in big trouble in the future.
Activity: 278
Merit: 100
June 20, 2018, 12:33:30 PM
It seems to me that one of the main reasons is the inability of the project creators to inspire the trust of investors. They can't prove that the project is worth the investment and because of the Finance slowly disappear from the market
Activity: 574
Merit: 253
June 20, 2018, 12:20:59 PM
This are some Reason why some ICO fail are:-
1.sometimes ico fail because there coin has no value or use in the market, So nobody will buy it so that makes the coin worth nothing, In the market.
2.some have poor website or low quality content.
I think the main factor that affects why ICOs fail because of bad marketing strategy, we should know that there is nothing special about coins, and for most people would think that all coins and tokens are the same so it takes a good strategy to be accepted.
Activity: 229
June 20, 2018, 12:20:48 PM
In addition to the scam issues, the idea is not feasible, malfunction from the devs team. Admittedly, the blockchain industry is a new industry, with almost inexperienced projects, partnerships, communications, haste and no community support. They have lost investor confidence. These are the reasons I think that has had a big impact on their failure.
Activity: 91
June 20, 2018, 12:16:23 PM
I think most of the ico fail because of project was bad and and scamming thats why most of the ico fail. now its percentage is ok  but all the new ico is not scam still lots of new ico coming into the market .
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
June 20, 2018, 06:43:44 AM
There are many ICOs out there, but more than 50% of them fail.
From my analogy, could this be the reasons why ICOs fail?
1. Being too complicated:
If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
2. No unique Use case and lack of creativity:
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"
I believe the list continues.

to add, if it has a lame team and the project is not partnered with the outstanding projects and products on the market now. A great partnership with a top company is a good sign of value because the company already trust to the team and project.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
June 20, 2018, 05:45:45 AM
Now this concept is not enough to provide assurance that it will succeed in the future. But what needs to be improved right now is the performance of the teams to be creative in promoting their ICO to the investors so that teams can reach their ICO sales targets. Because the main point now is the achievement of sales that meet the target, to be said ICO was successful. If you only rely on a good concept and interesting but the team cannot achieve the target of sales, then what they have designed against their ICO it will only be in vain. ICO will not be able to get satisfactory results, they will fail because they can not give any gifts to the participants and investors who have supported and participated in their ICO.
Activity: 74
June 20, 2018, 05:07:39 AM
Very often the idea proves to be a failure. It happens that there is not enough money for further development of the project, although the idea is very cool. And sometimes the reasons do not explain.

I think the problem is that most people simply overestimate their capabilities. Or underestimate the idea. As a result, the team is not prepared or has not raised enough money. It is best to enter the game with the finished product and be "in the subject".
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
June 20, 2018, 04:58:57 AM
This are some Reason why some ICO fail are:-
1.sometimes ico fail because there coin has no value or use in the market, So nobody will buy it so that makes the coin worth nothing, In the market.
2.some have poor website or low quality content.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
June 19, 2018, 11:51:45 AM
Its all related to product. If an ICO does not have a product and not planning to launch in a short term than its most probably fails.
I always look for product roadmap and if its logical i invest as same on hbz and shivom.
Activity: 84
June 19, 2018, 11:50:27 AM
Maybe a lots of ICO dont have a realistic project and the dev team is not really good, just make some coin and make agreement with exchanger..
Activity: 260
June 17, 2018, 11:54:36 PM
less attractive, less promotion, and nothing new from the project. that's the reason, besides that too many new ico emerging so as to break the concentration of investors.
Activity: 39
June 17, 2018, 11:53:02 PM
many of the ICO that move in the same field became a major influence because certainly investors will be divided to invest. This is causing a lot of ICO failed because cannot get the minimum allocation to run their projects. lately indeed often happens sometimes fail and ICO is extended because it is.
Activity: 104
June 17, 2018, 08:00:59 PM
Both of these situations you are talking about are correct. There are many other factors that affect ICO, such as their unrealistic goals, their team technologies failing to complete the anticipated products, etc. But now the reason for the most ICO failures is because they only want to cheat money! Fraudsters are the most hated!
Activity: 104
June 17, 2018, 07:59:09 PM
I believe in those aforementioned lists why some ICO's fail. To add, i think greediness of one of the team that lead to theft. Also, i think lack of constant update and failure to do what was promised in their roadmap could give hesitation to investors that could lead to dumping.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
June 17, 2018, 02:03:28 PM
Sometimes people are just not believing in what the project has as the main goals, and this is very sad to take place... If you are dreaming of achieving something and people reject that.
Activity: 156
we're Radio, online!
June 17, 2018, 12:46:25 PM
I agree with your opinion about ico it is completed. Also I think some of the things that led to the failure of an ico project are:
The number of rival projects that many investors leave the ico project and i think internal problems in an ico team can also cause an ico failure.
Activity: 278
Merit: 100
June 17, 2018, 12:30:33 PM
In my opinion, the reasons why ICO fail is the reluctance of the creators to develop their project and make it better every day. The main goal is to make money, but not everyone tries to make a quality product
Activity: 157
June 17, 2018, 12:13:28 PM
There are a lot of them at the moment which have a huge softcap, adn that is the main reason of why a lot of people just refuse to put their hard earned money on there.
Activity: 560
Merit: 251
June 17, 2018, 12:10:29 PM
In my opinion, there are many causes that make ICO fail

1. Failed to attract investors, so ICO sales did not reach the desired target

2. Development is also very important in an ICO, the absence of a real product will make investors rethink to participate in investing

3. A team of less experienced developers in a crypto project is also very influential
Pages:
Jump to: