Pages:
Author

Topic: Reasons why ICOs fail - page 66. (Read 319609 times)

Activity: 167
Merit: 0
June 09, 2018, 12:54:40 PM
indeed there are so many factors that cause the ICO to fail, the most common is not achieving the sales target that has been determined at the beginning,
Activity: 560
Merit: 17
June 09, 2018, 12:54:16 PM
I think the most important and the most obvious one ( at least for me) is that IMost of ICos are run by UNexperienced and Unprofessional people, even if they succeed they dont have in them to suceed in harshbussines world.
Activity: 121
June 09, 2018, 12:49:49 PM
Maybe they are very weak in the media campaign so that less attract the attention of investors. Or there are other obstacles such as less good team and less mature plan.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
"JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!"
June 09, 2018, 12:46:19 PM
i believe many ICO's fail because there are too many ICO's already. Investors in crypto are limited, not anyone interested in cryptocurrency. Therefore, the large investors only invest on a few ICO's

Yes, but a lot of good projects succeed. I think that everything starts in the private sales. If a ICO can get investments from venture capitals, then most of them will succeed in the next phases and  get their hard cap. Otherwise is it very difficult to get the hard cap and so the ICOs fail.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
June 09, 2018, 12:44:48 PM
i believe many ICO's fail because there are too many ICO's already. Investors in crypto are limited, not anyone interested in cryptocurrency. Therefore, the large investors only invest on a few ICO's
Activity: 242
CRYPTASSIST.io
June 06, 2018, 12:05:27 PM
Most failures are due to fraud. Organizers simply want to profit and not do the things that they promise
Activity: 64
June 06, 2018, 12:04:38 PM

A good explanation, but please note that if there is a developer making something unique, not necessarily investors will be interested, so it does seem difficult to understand this situation.
Activity: 798
Merit: 253
June 06, 2018, 12:00:19 PM
many of the ICO that move in the same field became a major influence because certainly investors will be divided to invest. This is causing a lot of ICO failed because cannot get the minimum allocation to run their projects. lately indeed often happens sometimes fail and ICO is extended because it is.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
June 06, 2018, 11:54:08 AM
There are many ICOs out there, but more than 50% of them fail.
From my analogy, could this be the reasons why ICOs fail?
1. Being too complicated:
If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
2. No unique Use case and lack of creativity:
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"
I believe the list continues.

ICO is like advertisement of startups in cryptocurrency industry. The main aim of ICO is collecting money for startup. But for many guys ICO is like a way to earn money without paying attention to possible results.
Activity: 378
June 02, 2018, 11:52:19 AM
I think there is need to be afraid of icos because it has a high potential to be abused by scammer. some icos have been used by scammer to raise money from the investors by giving false reasons and with very good and convincing package just to attract investors. Proper care should be taken when deciding on an ico to invest in. Honestly, more than half of new ICO offerings fail, because the service or product doesn’t have a market demand. Before launching an ICO, ensure that you find an audience base for it, as well as a real need for the offering. Also, the idea has to require a token-economy. A lot of ICOs are selling tokens just for raising money. These projects may fail as time goes by.
Activity: 48
June 02, 2018, 09:57:07 AM
many factors that make ico's fail, one of them is.
can be seen from sales transactions that are not too smooth from the investors to go to sofhcap or hardcap, salain is sometimes also from the bounty who are less active in promoting the ico on social media and other things.
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
June 02, 2018, 09:38:20 AM
I think maybe because the ico is less attractive or their ico coin price is too expensive. but it may also be because people are not interested because the iconya is not clear or just copy paste ico other. Or because many people dont believe with that project.
Activity: 232
Merit: 2
A nexgen decentralized ride hailing
June 02, 2018, 09:34:21 AM
Oddly enough, I think that many cease to invest in ICO only because when you exit to the stock exchange the cost of most token drops sharply. I think this is primarily due to the desire to sell its assets to those people who bought them on pre-sale. Also on a sharp decline in prices is influenced by the bounty participants who want to get at least some money for their work.
Activity: 574
Merit: 11
June 02, 2018, 09:31:19 AM
Many projects enter the market with ideas that have no value and no one will use it
Activity: 186
June 02, 2018, 09:29:22 AM
Itverthink ICO projects are running at the same time, and colossal ICO will be coming, but most of the ICO are scamming people. That's why investors are moving their face away from ICO projects. Day by day investors are decreasing, that's why ICO are fishing, and I think ICO future will be worse.
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
June 01, 2018, 10:40:01 AM
the most common is the lack of investors who provide funds on the project that is running ico. because funding from ico is very important that ico can run and succeed.
Activity: 5
June 01, 2018, 10:37:42 AM
there are many reasons why ICO fails, I think the failure of ico is due to the unsupportive teamwork in completing the ICO marketing especially when they want to cooperate with colleagues, the work team can not have a good experience and the product they produce is not interesting to sell. Smiley
Activity: 374
June 01, 2018, 06:19:09 AM
The first possible reason is a poor marketing campaign that does not let the project develop due to the lack of funds. Another reason is high expectations of the developing team that is not able to finish up a project because they are not experienced enough.
Activity: 280
June 01, 2018, 05:08:42 AM
due to the fact that too many unconstrained promises and failing to fulfill their obligations to investors of the development teams and their projects, the confidence in the ICO industry as a whole is falling, and fewer and fewer people are investing in them. It is much more reliable to wait for listing on the stock exchange and to buy coins than investing in the ICO and then wait until the project goes somewhere further with some SouthXchange where the total daily trading volume does not exceed half a beat per market day.
Activity: 137
June 01, 2018, 04:55:37 AM
There are multiple reasons for an ICO fail, however most important are:

Product/Service they are offering ( does it need blockchain?)
The team behind the project arent expericed
The roadmap isn't clear enough

Their are other reasons as well but these ones are some of the core reasons why they fail.

Pages:
Jump to: