Pages:
Author

Topic: Reasons why ICOs fail - page 68. (Read 319609 times)

Activity: 108
Merit: 0
May 24, 2018, 09:09:55 AM
Every project passes several steps before becoming a successful one.
Most ICOs need 3-9 months before being noticed and then growth can appear.
Activity: 359
Merit: 10
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
May 24, 2018, 08:54:16 AM
The problem is that the vast majority of ICO projects at the present stage lack substantive innovation, most of which use imitativeism, and simply reorganize the advantages or characteristics of several mainstream blockchains such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Ruibo, etc. (many are only limited In the white paper scenario, these ideals are usually not realized!
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem
May 24, 2018, 03:11:13 AM
Some ICO's are relatively scam and they really don't care on the investors or traders except for the money they took from them. But some ICO's are good and legit you just have to identify which one is good and will take good care of all your investments.
Activity: 812
Merit: 106
May 24, 2018, 12:59:26 AM
Everything is simple, most teams aim to collect money and not to implement their projects, so many scams now.
Activity: 663
Merit: 250
May 24, 2018, 12:49:58 AM
most of the icons that fail are due to unavailability of funds when crowdfunding, or not reaching softcap, most likely it can happen due to less promotion, less attractive bonuses, and most importantly the idea of the project that is less desirable

While the idea or the project should be something great, the leader should pick wisely its team. A good and very reliable team is necessary as they will also become the basis of partnerships and investors. Marketing should be done aggressively too. Gone are the days when devs travels around the world and are happy with $2 million to $15 million collections. Nowadays crowdfunding are as high as $200 million and travelling is not that necessary or only on very few selective places.
Activity: 207
May 24, 2018, 12:45:51 AM
I think most ico have good intentions, but they overestimate their ability. They didn't do what they promised. So investors are disappointed.
Yes, In my opinion, that is just one of the reasons surrounding it. There are also a number of reasons:
- idea
- the feasibility of the project
- competition
- dissent from the Devs and the organizers.
- is not competitive enough and incompetent to be accepted by the community.
In addition, there are a number of other factors such as hurry, impatience-> lack of many features and details, sloppy preparation...
Activity: 188
May 24, 2018, 12:41:24 AM
most of the icons that fail are due to unavailability of funds when crowdfunding, or not reaching softcap, most likely it can happen due to less promotion, less attractive bonuses, and most importantly the idea of the project that is less desirable

Yes, that's true without those things, the ICO will eventually fail because of lack of promotion and funds. That's why it is very important that the team will bind as one together for the project to success.
Activity: 238
Blockchain with solar energy
May 24, 2018, 12:29:50 AM
I think most ico have good intentions, but they overestimate their ability. They didn't do what they promised. So investors are disappointed.
I agree with you. The market is growing and ICO projects are growing. Investors are free to choose their own projects. Most ICO projects are safe and potential. However, there are some projects that make plans but are ultimately unsuccessful. So that investors feel lost confidence in the project.
Activity: 756
Merit: 100
May 24, 2018, 12:27:53 AM
Activity: 95
May 24, 2018, 12:14:33 AM
Activity: 644
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
May 24, 2018, 12:10:04 AM
one of the most likely cause is due to the sale of tokens not reached. ICO the second reason, namely softcap not able to achieve, so the project had to refund. and the third is the main reason for the lack of good investor demand as well as participants of the bounty. actually there are still many other reasons that can cause the ICO project failed. But it was a great line and most probably is due to the sale of its token.
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
May 24, 2018, 12:07:02 AM
There are many ICOs out there, but more than 50% of them fail.
From my analogy, could this be the reasons why ICOs fail?
1. Being too complicated:
If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
2. No unique Use case and lack of creativity:
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"
I believe the list continues.

I agree on #2. Many projects (ICOs) fail to explain what the main solution they offer or what makes them stand out in whatever field they're tackling. Moreover, the market situation usually plays a good part in ICOs success. If you paid attention to the ICOs in December/January, it was almost impossible to get into one.
Activity: 600
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
May 24, 2018, 12:02:08 AM
The normally fail because they try to make a valuation that is too high and fail to market accordingly so the community rejects the projects as there are many options.
agree, it is much less desirable if the project is very high in its own judgment when out there are still many projects that are very simple but creative in marketing it will be a success but still give good contribution and the development of crypto towards far more advanced, so both of them is very important to be able to compete in the world of crypto itself.
Activity: 308
Merit: 3
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
May 23, 2018, 11:47:47 PM
Very often the idea proves to be a failure. It happens that there is not enough money for further development of the project, although the idea is very cool. And sometimes the reasons do not explain.
Yes, the idea of the project is important, so if a bad idea is unlikely to succeed. Good ideas will be popular and they grow quickly. But if the idea does not work, then the ICO project will fail later. That's my personal opinion.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
May 23, 2018, 10:12:15 PM
The main reason is not scam, but the fact that projects can not collect soft cap for the implementation of the project. Investors are afraid to invest money ..
There are plenty of projects coming up on a daily basis and now these projects are not interesting simply because most of the investors have not got their capital in majority of the projects let alone the profits and the market has exploded and it is really difficult to convince the users until it is a really good project which can make a real difference.
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
May 23, 2018, 04:46:46 PM
There are many ICOs out there, but more than 50% of them fail.
From my analogy, could this be the reasons why ICOs fail?
1. Being too complicated:
If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
2. No unique Use case and lack of creativity:
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"
I believe the list continues.
I think most of the ICOs out there fail, because they are not able to implement their ideas, because it is long way from a good idea to a working product and well-coordinated management.
Activity: 196
May 23, 2018, 11:38:30 AM
There are many reasons why the ICO failed to call for capital, Startup ideas do not wrap ...
Activity: 73
May 23, 2018, 11:31:07 AM
The most important reason is that many projects do not have specific business. Maybe they are just trading in order to enter the stock exchange. Many other projects are falsely fabricated.
Activity: 353
May 23, 2018, 11:28:29 AM
The reasons for the failure of ICO is that some people have less information about their projects. That's because they lack information. Sometimes they need to disseminate their projects and pay more attention to their research so that people will join and understand everything about it.
Activity: 546
May 23, 2018, 11:24:32 AM
The reasons can be very many, but I think that the main reason is the distrust of people to invest their money in projects in a falling market, because now it is the falling market when people lose their money and they are not going to lose them, so they simply fix the deposits.
Pages:
Jump to: