Pages:
Author

Topic: REEEEE: PussyGate, a Collection of Trump Investigations - page 9. (Read 4377 times)

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386
I know some are not going to be a big fan of Fox here, but this is the best I could do on a breaking news story - https://www.foxnews.com/politics/drops-doj-case-against-michael-flynn-in-wake-of-internal-memo-release
How exactly, could anyone not be a big fan of Fox?

Fox is reporting now that Obama was in the middle of the plot to take down Trump, by going at those such as Flynn, in the effort to get them to rat on Trump. Obama was in the meetings and regularly briefed on the status of the scheme to bring down Trump.

That's not a jab at Fox in particular, I'm just not a big fan of watching people on TV make a big spectacle of things. Would much rather take a deeper dive and read the news from WSJ, NY Times, etc. I feel like you remove some portions of the sensational side of talking heads in the typical media.

Different strokes for different folks though, nothing wrong with that.

I would agree with that. For some odd reasons, even a podcast can convey far more information than the likes of television media. And written pages orders of magnitude more.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
I know some are not going to be a big fan of Fox here, but this is the best I could do on a breaking news story - https://www.foxnews.com/politics/drops-doj-case-against-michael-flynn-in-wake-of-internal-memo-release

Fox is reporting now that Obama was in the middle of the plot to take down Trump, by going at those such as Flynn, in the effort to get them to rat on Trump. Obama was in the meetings and regularly briefed on the status of the scheme to bring down Trump.

That's not a jab at Fox in particular, I'm just not a big fan of watching people on TV make a big spectacle of things. Would much rather take a deeper dive and read the news from WSJ, NY Times, etc. I feel like you remove some portions of the sensational side of talking heads in the typical media.

Different strokes for different folks though, nothing wrong with that.
legendary
They didn't resurrect anything...

Agree with you about what? No it's not stunning....

The courts have already indicated the law is most likely unconstitutional. No one has ever been convicted...

He did lie to them and he admitted it. It's against the law...

Once again though I'll point out that what the FBI did is not illegal...
Viper, thank you for your reply.

I'm going to suggest that people following this fascinatingly insane drama now start regularly checking "the other side."

I knew how you would respond because I did that before you replied.

It's not going to be possible for the pro-(Hillary, Comey, Struk, ... long laundry list of players...) to continue keeping it up in the progressive media pipe organs.

They'll try to create a diversion, wait and see. I guess we'll just sit back and observe it in a thread on the internet entitled "Re: REEEEE: PussyGate, a Collection of Trump Investigations"

Pussygate, a collection of Trump Investigations?

No, wait, it's the REEEEE version. The uncensored version.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
"Rosenstein memo tasked Mueller to investigate already-discredited Steele allegations"

https://justthenews.com/accountability/russia-and-ukraine-scandals/rosenstein-asked-mueller-investigate-already-discredited

"John Podesta Admits in Testimony Both DNC and Hillary Campaign Split the Cost for Bogus Trump-Russia Dossier That Launched the Coup"

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/05/now-know-john-podesta-admits-testimony-dnc-hillary-campaign-split-cost-bogus-trump-russia-dossier-launched-coup/

"The Cabal of Liars of Top Obama Officials Need to be Held Accountable"

https://saraacarter.com/sara-carter-the-cabal-of-liars-of-top-obama-officials-need-to-be-held-accountable/

"What is amazing about the 53 transcripts released by ODNI yesterday is how many former Obama officials were forced to admit privately under oath that what they claimed in their TV appearances about “collusion” was nonsense and had no basis in reality."

https://twitter.com/seanmdav/status/1258756043355676673

"Obama Defense Official Evelyn Farkas Admitted She Lied On MSNBC About Having Evidence Of Collusion"

https://thefederalist.com/2020/05/08/obama-defense-official-evelyn-farkas-admitted-she-lied-on-msnbc-about-having-evidence-of-collusion/

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
Trump is using the law at the best time.

Donald Trump: Barack Obama and Joe Biden Will Be Implicated in Russia Hoax

"There's more to come from what I understand, and they're going to be far greater than what you've seen so far, and what you've seen so far is incredible, especially as it relates to President Obama," Trump said while speaking with Fox & Friends about Obama's role in the Russia "hoax."

"I believe he and Biden…Sleepy Joe was involved in this also, very much, and other people around President Obama were totally involved," Trump said.

Trump reacted to the news after House Intelligence Committee chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) released 57 interview transcripts on Thursday from the committee's probe to see if the Trump campaign colluded with Russia.

The documents show that former United States Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates testified that she was surprised when Obama told her in an Oval Office meeting about the call that Trump's campaign adviser, Michael Flynn, had with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak.

Asked in the interview if Trump would directly confront Obama or Biden, the president said he would rather have the truth come out in documents.

Cool
Activity: 686
Merit: 320
Pretty stunning to see the FBI resurrect a 300 year old law and try to use it against Flynn, wasn't it?
They didn't resurrect anything. People have been threatening to use that law for a long time. Both sides, republicans and dems have accused various people, on both sides, of having violated it and have said they should be prosecuted for it. It's probably unconstitutional but neither side seems willing to get rid of it since they like the "threat" of it. Regardless, when one looks at the history of it and what a court has actually said in passing about it, you'd have to be pretty stupid to think the FBI could actually make it stick. Not much of a threat.

A bunch of talk about threatening this and that and you agree with me, after the double talk is stripped out.
Agree with you about what? No it's not stunning and no they didn't resurrect it. So what are we agreeing about?

As far as having to be "pretty stupid to think the FBI could actually make...." note the actual charges were "lying to the FBI." So the old, worthless law in question would do fine as a backdrop for that pre engineered conclusion, right?
The courts have already indicated the law is most likely unconstitutional. No one has ever been convicted and I think only 2 have been charged. A threat is only effective if you really think it could happen, so I stand by the "you'd have to be pretty stupid" part.

As for the charge. He did lie to them and he admitted it. It's against the law to do that and thus being convicted on that is valid. That's a fact and no dancing around that issue can change it.

Once again though I'll point out that what the FBI did is not illegal and you have yet to show me how it is illegal. Ethically it's bullshit but it's still not illegal.

And here's the thing. That law has been around for decades and no one has tried to change it. Nor has any President directed the attorney general to do something about it. Nor has any attorney general directed the FBI to do anything about it. Nor has any FBI director done anything about it. Of any party. In all these decades that this issue has existed. That tells me that all of them want to be able to abuse it. Watch what happens. There's be all this crying about it, maybe someone will say they'll look into it or they'll review their policies and the like. And once the hubbub has died down nothing will happen. Cause they ALL like it the way it is. Why people like you bitch about the FBI is just beyond me and yet you give a pass to those that write the laws and those that could actually direct the FBI to change. You know. Like Trump. Like Barr. And all those that came before them.
legendary
Pretty stunning to see the FBI resurrect a 300 year old law and try to use it against Flynn, wasn't it?
They didn't resurrect anything. People have been threatening to use that law for a long time. Both sides, republicans and dems have accused various people, on both sides, of having violated it and have said they should be prosecuted for it. It's probably unconstitutional but neither side seems willing to get rid of it since they like the "threat" of it. Regardless, when one looks at the history of it and what a court has actually said in passing about it, you'd have to be pretty stupid to think the FBI could actually make it stick. Not much of a threat.

A bunch of talk about threatening this and that and you agree with me, after the double talk is stripped out. As far as having to be "pretty stupid to think the FBI could actually make...." note the actual charges were "lying to the FBI." So the old, worthless law in question would do fine as a backdrop for that pre engineered conclusion, right?

There's a box on the table, labeled Russia Collusion.

Taking the lid of the box of Russia Collusion, you've got a smaller box of Attempted Coup, and opening it is the box of Entrap Trump's Team. Inside that are more boxes.

Let's open the FlynnTrap box. Sure enough, there's a Never-Used-Law box, and inside it a bunch of little toy figures with names on them. And they all have scan codes. How about that. Just scan the codes and you can read the entire history of the scheme to entrap Flynn.

Now stand back a moment and look at the table all these boxes are spread out on. That says in big letters: CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION BY JUSTICE INTO HANDLING OF FLYNN'S CASE.

How about that. Now shall we go look at the way CNN is twisting this?

Activity: 686
Merit: 320
legendary

legendary
Charges against Michael Flynn have just been dropped by the DOJ. Top prosecutor in the case removed himself earlier this Thursday, and all of this is following the release of the memos from the FBI. These have been discussed in these threads already, but the Flynn team have said that these memos (from the FBI) show that the FBI was wrong in how they went about some portions of their investigation.

Just a bit of an update here, it is possible for the Judge to reject this and to continue the case if he wants to. Pretty stunning to see the DOJ ....
Pretty stunning to see the FBI resurrect a 300 year old law and try to use it against Flynn, wasn't it? Now how many had been found guilty under that law before Flynn (and not even him, he was done in on the process racket)

The answer would be a whopping zero in the last 150 years. Not a single person has been indicted and convicted for Logan Act violations for over a century because it's a stupid law that has no legal justification. This is what's concerning about FBI agents threatening a 3 star general over violations to an ancient law that isn't applicable in today's standards.
But given that the context is the FBI investigation of Russia Collusion, I assume the Logan Act was simply the justification for entrapping Flynn into some charges of lying.

So we've got a three star General, now a "convicted felon" who was forced into a plea bargain of guilty, from a corrupt illegal entrapment wrapped inside a fake investigation wrapped inside a failed coup.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1512
Charges against Michael Flynn have just been dropped by the DOJ. Top prosecutor in the case removed himself earlier this Thursday, and all of this is following the release of the memos from the FBI. These have been discussed in these threads already, but the Flynn team have said that these memos (from the FBI) show that the FBI was wrong in how they went about some portions of their investigation.

Just a bit of an update here, it is possible for the Judge to reject this and to continue the case if he wants to. Pretty stunning to see the DOJ ....
Pretty stunning to see the FBI resurrect a 300 year old law and try to use it against Flynn, wasn't it? Now how many had been found guilty under that law before Flynn (and not even him, he was done in on the process racket)

The answer would be a whopping zero in the last 150 years. Not a single person has been indicted and convicted for Logan Act violations for over a century because it's a stupid law that has no legal justification. This is what's concerning about FBI agents threatening a 3 star general over violations to an ancient law that isn't applicable in today's standards.
legendary

legendary

Just a bit of an update here, it is possible for the Judge to reject this and to continue the case if he wants to. Pretty stunning to see the DOJ come out and do something like this, no one was expecting this in the least.

This is the portion where the US DOJ is moving to dismiss the case:
In moving to dismiss, the U.S. said an internal review found that Flynn’s false statements to agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation weren’t “material” to the probe into whether Russia interfered in the 2016 election. “The government cannot explain, much less prove to a jury beyond a reasonable doubt, how false statements are ‘material’ to an investigation that ... seems to have been undertaken only to elicit those very false statements and thereby criminalize Mr. Flynn,” U.S. Attorney Timothy Shea said in a brief.

We'll be waiting on what happens with Sullivan (the judge) in the case. He doesn't have a ton of power to reject, he'd have to prove a lot as there is a good amount of precedent on the topic regarding trial judges, but it is still possible.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
legendary
Typical thing for law enforcement to do, they'll tell you that you don't need a lawyer and its kinda on you to figure out if you should have a lawyer present. I think the issue with him is that he was most likely under the impression that he was there regarding an administration matter, and nothing that would come back to haunt him personally.

But yes I did see that he had to put his house up for sale and all that, that's rough. Tough part of the US legal system is that everyday it feels like more and more that its on you to prove innocence instead of the prosecutor having to prove guilt.

Guy has spent years defending himself, and he has to spend LARGE deals of money paying for lawyers. Pretty sure you can't sue a legal entitiy for false accusation, cause then they'd be charging no one with crimes.

He can't sue the FBI, but he can sue the criminals who were acting under color of law and committed criminal acts in order to manufacture these charges.

Hey TwattySqueal, where did you go? Why don't you bless us all with some more of your ideological blindness fueled delusions and topic sliding.
I'd contribute to a fund for him to go after those individuals in civil court.

Twitchy is batting a perfect score so far on wrongness. Impeachment, Kavanaugh, Flynn,Orange Bad Man. I'm only prone to complain when it sounds like an alternate reality.

Maybe quite a few of the Trump haters do live in an alternate reality. Let me guess. Mueller, Comey, Rosenstein, Struck, Brenner, Clapper,  Valiant Crusaders for the Good?
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
Typical thing for law enforcement to do, they'll tell you that you don't need a lawyer and its kinda on you to figure out if you should have a lawyer present. I think the issue with him is that he was most likely under the impression that he was there regarding an administration matter, and nothing that would come back to haunt him personally.

But yes I did see that he had to put his house up for sale and all that, that's rough. Tough part of the US legal system is that everyday it feels like more and more that its on you to prove innocence instead of the prosecutor having to prove guilt.

Guy has spent years defending himself, and he has to spend LARGE deals of money paying for lawyers. Pretty sure you can't sue a legal entitiy for false accusation, cause then they'd be charging no one with crimes.

He can't sue the FBI, but he can sue the criminals who were acting under color of law and committed criminal acts in order to manufacture these charges.

Hey TwattySqueal, where did you go? Why don't you bless us all with some more of your ideological blindness fueled delusions and topic sliding.
legendary

Michael Flynn lost his house trying to pay for the legal fees of defense team. All because the FBI suggested Flynn didn't have a lawyer in his interrogation and because badly motivated FBI agents tried to get him in a perjury trap.

The FBI shouldn't be in the business of colluding with each other to determine whether their intention is to set up a perjury trap, getting Flynn to lie under oath. People are saying that Flynn pleaded guilty therefore he must be guilty, completely ignoring the fact the FBI was threatening to go after his son and essentially coerced Flynn into a guilty plea.

It amazes me that people's hate for Trump will overflow onto hating a 3 star general with multiple tours who lost his house and had his life destroyed for the "crime" of working with the Trump administration. Flynn's contact as an incoming National Security official were legal so he didn't have anything to hide.

Do you mean that someone brought into the federal court system by the FBI shouldn't automatically be a fucked monkey?

Don't you have to make exceptions for carefully orchestrated deep state coups to overturn the Orange Man BAD?
legendary

Michael Flynn lost his house trying to pay for the legal fees of defense team. All because the FBI suggested Flynn didn't have a lawyer in his interrogation and because badly motivated FBI agents tried to get him in a perjury trap.

The FBI shouldn't be in the business of colluding with each other to determine whether their intention is to set up a perjury trap, getting Flynn to lie under oath. People are saying that Flynn pleaded guilty therefore he must be guilty, completely ignoring the fact the FBI was threatening to go after his son and essentially coerced Flynn into a guilty plea.

It amazes me that people's hate for Trump will overflow onto hating a 3 star general with multiple tours who lost his house and had his life destroyed for the "crime" of working with the Trump administration. Flynn's contact as an incoming National Security official were legal so he didn't have anything to hide.
legendary

legendary

Pages:
Jump to: