Pages:
Author

Topic: [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , MADATORY UPDATE TO 1.3.0 - page 10. (Read 34583 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 254
Does the updated version cause a network fork, or is it just the local db which needs to be regenerated?

No these updates are mainly wallet improvements, no need to hard fork

As far as compiling for Windows, check out Gitian - this is a set of scripts that automagically use a preconfigured Linux VPS to cross compile to a Windows EXE (and optionally Linux, too). Gitian is intended to allow multiple people to independently compile an identical binary to prove that a release is clean, but it's also very handy for one-step 'doze compiling. (Once you figure out its quirks Wink )

Thanks I'll check into that Smiley
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Activity: 553
Merit: 500
Solo Miner Legend
I wanted to try and compile the new wallet (1.3.0.0) for windows again, but the version of Debian I moved on to didn't have python-vm-builder package any more, so it wasn't going to work. I'll see if I find an older version that does.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Just wanted to give an update on my situation, I downloaded unicks updated links for the block chain. I made back ups of appdata and growthcoin ect and then replaced my blkdata files ect with the ones he linked. Changed my growthcoinconf to one with updated nodes. Loaded growthcoinqt and after 15 minutes was updated with one problem. I was missing over 100k coins.

I did a repairwallet and thankfully they appeared, although I was lacking a lot of my POS coins I had earlier acquired. My coins now have max stake I think though so no biggy. It all worked out in the end Smiley
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Colossuscoin - the future of payment methods
i guess the price of BTC will rise to 1000 dollars.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
What is the interest rate for Growthcoin?

It literally tells you right on the first post.

PoW/PoS - 100% annual interest!

I'll let you guess the interest rate based on that.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
What is the interest rate for Growthcoin?
Activity: 296
is grw.multi-pool.info down? its the only grw pool i know of and the frond end at least seems to be down, my comps are still mining though apparently...

It's only the front end, owner will fix it soon. Mining works fine.

hi,
sorry for the trouble, but MPOS emails that pool front-end was not working finish in spam folder (by the internet provider), so I did not see it yesterday (I always check stratum mining every day, so it was running)! This is due that I have shot time skeduled crons (for short payout), and so it generates many mails of errors in short time and provider thinks it is spam.

now it is fixed

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1002
is grw.multi-pool.info down? its the only grw pool i know of and the frond end at least seems to be down, my comps are still mining though apparently...

It's only the front end, owner will fix it soon. Mining works fine.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
legendary
Can anyone that's running the latest version confirm whether or not staking is working right for you? I'm still on the last version (until the Windows one is released) but 9/10 of my staked blocks are invalid. I'm getting up to 20-25 orphans in a row at times.

I had 6 blocks stake a couple of days ago. But had probably 10-12 orphans on top of those. All during a period of perhaps 6-8 hours

Alright, it's somewhat nice to know It's not just me then, but that leads to a bigger problem. Other coins I stake don't go through this. I'm wondering if this is a node issue (not enough nodes to propagate the block information) or something deeper?
Activity: 143
Can anyone that's running the latest version confirm whether or not staking is working right for you? I'm still on the last version (until the Windows one is released) but 9/10 of my staked blocks are invalid. I'm getting up to 20-25 orphans in a row at times.

I had 6 blocks stake a couple of days ago. But had probably 10-12 orphans on top of those. All during a period of perhaps 6-8 hours
legendary
Solo Miner Legend
Building these three went fine...
Code:
growthcoin/contrib/gitian-descriptors/qt-win32.yml
growthcoin/contrib/gitian-descriptors/boost-win32.yml
growthcoin/contrib/gitian-descriptors/deps-win32.yml

But, when I tried to build the final part, "growthcoin/contrib/gitian-descriptors/gitian-win32", yml I got this:
Code:
--- Building for lucid i386 ---
Stopping target if it is up
Making a new image copy
Formatting 'target-lucid-i386.qcow2', fmt=qcow2 size=11811160064 backing_file='base-lucid-i386.qcow2' encryption=off cluster_size=65536
Starting target
Checking if target is up.
Preparing build environment
qt-win32-4.7.4-gitian.zip                             100%   21MB  21.1MB/s   00:01    
boost-win32-1.49.0-gitian2.zip                        100%   17MB  17.3MB/s   00:01    
growthcoin-deps-1.2.0.zip                             100% 4050KB   4.0MB/s   00:01    
growthcoin.zip                                        100%   93MB  23.3MB/s   00:04    
Updating apt-get repository (log in var/install.log)
Installing additional packages (log in var/install.log)
Grabbing package manifest
Creating build script (var/build-script)
Running build script (log in var/build.log)
bin/gbuild:21:in `system!': failed to run on-target setarch i386 bash -x < var/build-script > var/build.log 2>&1 (RuntimeError)
from bin/gbuild:116:in `build_one_configuration'
from bin/gbuild:233
from bin/gbuild:228:in `each'
from bin/gbuild:228
from bin/gbuild:226:in `each'
from bin/gbuild:226

I wonder if I am using the wrong versions, I'm currently using these inputs:
Code:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/boost/boost/1.49.0/boost_1_49_0.tar.bz2
http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.1g.tar.gz
http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz
http://miniupnp.free.fr/files/download.php?file=miniupnpc-1.6.tar.gz
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/libpng/zlib/1.2.7/zlib-1.2.7.tar.gz
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libpng/files/libpng15/older-releases/1.5.12/libpng-1.5.12.tar.gz
http://fukuchi.org/works/qrencode/qrencode-3.2.0.tar.bz2
http://download.qt-project.org/archive/qt/4.7/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.4.tar.gz
Ohh well, it was worth a try, I have succeeded before. Smiley I will see if I can fix this, somehow.
Solo Miner Legend
Does the updated version cause a network fork, or is it just the local db which needs to be regenerated?

As far as compiling for Windows, check out Gitian - this is a set of scripts that automagically use a preconfigured Linux VPS to cross compile to a Windows EXE (and optionally Linux, too). Gitian is intended to allow multiple people to independently compile an identical binary to prove that a release is clean, but it's also very handy for one-step 'doze compiling. (Once you figure out its quirks Wink )

I'm going through the new src code and using gitian on Ubuntu to compile linux and windows wallets, we'll see how that turns out. I'll add a 1 or 2 at the end for my version. Wink
Activity: 238
Hey guys, im having a bit issue with my windows wallet, its constantly trying to sync, 18288 blocks remaining(slowly updating 1 block per 5 minutes or so. And my wallet is constantly trying to stake even though the wallets not updated and synched with the network
i have to wait th ::)e new version.i do not know anything.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

Solo Miner Legend
I'm looking through the source code now, that you provided, looking for way to maybe improve the version info, maybe even 64 bit. Just for reference. I'm going to try and build it for windows later today.
Pages:
Jump to: