Pages:
Author

Topic: [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , MADATORY UPDATE TO 1.3.0 - page 8. (Read 34549 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
REAP WHAT YOU SOW I'm a big fish
Yup it synch on the fork (1.2.2). Where is the 1.3 ?
Activity: 504
Merit: 254
Yes it seems like a priority to get the windows client out.

if nobody can compile one, I will setup a VPS running windows and compile one ASAP.

I wanted to include some more features into the Qt before releasing the windows client but I think the issue with the forking is of a bigger priority right now

I think that with automatic checkpointing, the forking issue is going to be a thing of the past.
legendary
Activity: 967
Merit: 1002
Well, we need new Win wallet compiled ASAP.
My old windows client keeps downloading the wrong fork from old Satoshi:1.2.1 peers.
Tried to create a GrowthCoin.conf file to manually connect to new 1.3.0 client nodes (connect=), it just does not connect at all.

Having the same result .
Unable to sync to grw.blockx.info fork block 502786. Is this a linux/windows divide.
My wallet was the 1.2.2 windows, I always kept it running on the PC and now it will only sync to blocks 503464

Getpeerinfo shows

"addr": "[2001:0:5ef5:79fb:4b5:832b:dbe9:c34d]:17177"

Is there anyway to stop my wallet connecting to this type of address and force it to IP's.

It seems like new client v1.3.0 is not compatible with old 1.2.1 version and does not connect.
And there is no windows build for 1.3.0 yet  Sad
Looks like there is no way to get the correct blockchain with old 1.2.1 client.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
My old windows client keeps downloading the wrong fork from old Satoshi:1.2.1 peers.
Tried to create a GrowthCoin.conf file to manually connect to new 1.3.0 client nodes (connect=), it just does not connect at all.

Having the same result .
Unable to sync to grw.blockx.info fork block 502786. Is this a linux/windows divide.
My wallet was the 1.2.2 windows, I always kept it running on the PC and now it will only sync to blocks 503464

Getpeerinfo shows

"addr": "[2001:0:5ef5:79fb:4b5:832b:dbe9:c34d]:17177"

Is there anyway to stop my wallet connecting to this type of address and force it to IP's.
legendary
Yes it looks like you are on the wrong fork.
You need to delete blockchain files and re-download the blockchain (always backup your wallet.dat !).

If you run old Windows client you can download older blockchain version here to sync faster.

Many thanks ! m(u_u)m nope, it's on W64.
legendary
Yes it's up to date now.

Noooooo ! xD THANKS ! So, if my wallet says 503372 whereas explorer says 502635, I'm on the fork ? What should I do ? Is my ip baned ?
Yes it looks like you are on the wrong fork.
You need to delete blockchain files and re-download the blockchain (always backup your wallet.dat !).

If you run old Windows client you can download older blockchain version here to sync faster.
Yes it's up to date now.

Noooooo ! xD THANKS ! So, if my wallet says 503372 whereas explorer says 502635, I'm on the fork ? What should I do ? Is my ip baned ?
legendary
legendary
Pool up with latest client from git.

However payout are disabled until I'm able to move coins from old to new wallet.
As syncronization in pc is very slow I think I will able to do this on Saturday morning.

All forked blocks are market to be payed from the pool when payout will be activated.

Thanks

You can download May 07 version of old client blockchain here - http://acidpool.com/misc/grwchain_may_07_2014.rar
Will sync much faster.
Activity: 296
Merit: 250
Pool up with latest client from git.

However payout are disabled until I'm able to move coins from old to new wallet.
As syncronization in pc is very slow I think I will able to do this on Saturday morning.

All forked blocks are market to be payed from the pool when payout will be activated.

Thanks
How about the windows wallet of current client?

Actually with the old it has difficulty to syncronized and so when pool has finish to download blockchains (now it is 30.000 block below) I cannot transfer coins from old wallet to new one (so payout must be stoppen until transfer will be performed).
I'm still not sure what the problem is.

It could be the number of nodes not being high enough
It could also be the way PoS blocks that are being generated that causes forks.

I've also experienced a bunch of PoS blocks being generated one right after the other. It doesn't seem right.

This isn't a good sign. Is there anything a non-technical (at least in this sense) person can do to help figure out the problem?

I think now is a good time to setup a checkpoint node. This should help the situation as checkpoints are established automatically and on a constant basis rather than by issuing a new release everytime
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

I've also experienced a bunch of PoS blocks being generated one right after the other. It doesn't seem right.

This isn't a good sign. Is there anything a non-technical (at least in this sense) person can do to help figure out the problem?

legendary
Another fork? unick, are any of the changes you're making going to help keep this from being a problem? Checkpointing or something?

Pool was 226 blocks ahead the block explorer.

I think that when the number of nodes will be stabilizate with the hardcore seeds and with the client speedup that there is now, situation will be better.

It looks like block explorer is stuck at block 501065 18 hours ago.
Right now my seed node 67.211.45.68 and home desktop client are both at 502515
Wondering if it correct one.
Another fork? unick, are any of the changes you're making going to help keep this from being a problem? Checkpointing or something?

I think that when the number of nodes will be stabilizate with the hardcore seeds and with the client speedup that there is now, situation will be better.

We have the same problem .
We've frozen  deposit/withdraw temporarily.

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007
hi,

I close the pool for today as at midnight it seems that there was a fork in the network.

I so install the new client daemon and download all the blockchain again.

Maybe the pool will be up for this night.

Thanks

Pages:
Jump to: