Pages:
Author

Topic: [RESURRECTION] Taking Beecoin to the Hive Flying!MANDATORY Client Update! - page 16. (Read 24421 times)

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
also guys keep voting on mintpal if you can .... we need to have a decent exchange ready for when beecoin is off an running well again.

I know a few of you have voiced concerns over the minting rising to 30bn and i kind of agree that it is diluting your holdings a little bit.

However POS is going to be essential for extra security to the chain.... the other option is to just have a very low interest rate on the pos... i kind of agree with this idea.

1. it does not need then lots of incoming buyers to hold the price stable.
2. it does not encourage hoarding
3. people who think high POS attracts investors are wrong these coins go up and down 50% in a day so 20% per year is nothing.

So we can remain at 24 billion with 1-2% inflation per year.

Please make your thoughts known on the subject since it does effect you personally.

Also let's start having some marketing ideas.... come on community i know you guys are waiting for algo changes etc... however let's see here who is seriously got some decent ideas for marketing or generally improving beecoins standing...

1. website.
2. android wallet
3. tip bots.
4..... come on let's have some ideas...

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000
I have updated my wallet now. Thanks

legendary
great news,

good to see our new beecoin developer soopy is fixing the heartbleed issue

thanks soopy Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ
A MADATORY CLIENT UPDATE

BeeCoin Wallet Updated to 0.6.4 to Fix Heartbleed Openssl Security Vulnerability

“A bug in OpenSSL, used by BeeCoin-Qt/Beecoin Core , could allow your beecoins to be stolen. Immediately updating BeeCoin Core to 0.6.4 is Mandatory."

http://www.mediafire.com/download/96rdu422cuv5d50/Beecoin_0.6.4_Windows_Wallet.zip

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
legendary
All votes for Blake256 will be taken as blake256 with POS.

thanks soopy... could i just ask if the choice was yours which would you say we should go with?
legendary
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ
All votes for Blake256 will be taken as blake256 with POS.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000
Why is the thread so quiet?
legendary
are there any working bee exchanges??
I checked the links in the OP, all down or not in english

check allcoin but look in the LTC market the btc is closed since it dropped below 1 sat
Activity: 429
Merit: 250
are there any working bee exchanges??
I checked the links in the OP, all down or not in english
legendary
well soopy can change those votes for you for sure.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
I want blake256 with POS but I voted X11 with POS few days ago (because at that time, only X11 was having POS)
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Finally, bee.updamoon.com is working as it should.  Cheesy
I see. It looks ideal for merged mining also in the future. I've not tried to mine a blake256 coin as yet on gpus...does it run cold like with qrk and x11. I hear it draws about 15% less than sha256 which i think is about 20% less than scrypt so perhaps a litte more draw than the chained algos. Although i've not tested it yet so just guessing there.

The link I posted says 3% less than sha256 and 14% less than scrypt, but I've never actually tested this myself as I do not have the right equipment to do so. The other cool aspect is that it hashes a ton faster than scrypt while still using less power to do so.
legendary
With Blake i guess there is a chance that asics could seriously be developed since it is a single algo that is not memory hard. So although it looks like a very nice algo we need to think about it because we are moving from scrypt because of the asic issue.  

Running away from scrypt asics only because their price is absolutely ridiculous. Quoted from the link I posted:

The idea that ASIC resistance is important for crypto currencies has become widespread, however it is based on a fallacy.

If and when asics for blake256 are built, they will be much much more affordable, and asics are necessary for a coin in the long term. When a coin becomes popular, it gains a lot of attention; this prompts the asic manufacturers to spring into action and create asics for the "hot" algo, those asics in turn help secure the blockchain. Asics didn't kill BTC, and they won't kill LTC or DOGE either, but they will kill a ton of crap/shit coins due to pathetically low network hashrates. Beecoin currently doesn't have enough network hashrate to survive scrypt asics, so it's best to move to blake256 to avoid attacks and give the coin a chance to move forward and become popular enough to gain enough hashrate before blake256 asics are ever invented and released.

So the only reason to run from asics is because we have a pathetically low network hashrate right now, but once we have enough then there won't really be a need to run, plus we position BEE optimally so that when blake256 asics do arrive that a lot of miners will be able to continue to mine BEE by buying affordable asics instead of ridiculously expensive scrypt asics.

I see. It looks ideal for merged mining also in the future. I've not tried to mine a blake256 coin as yet on gpus...does it run cold like with qrk and x11. I hear it draws about 15% less than sha256 which i think is about 20% less than scrypt so perhaps a litte more draw than the chained algos. Although i've not tested it yet so just guessing there.

With Blake i guess there is a chance that asics could seriously be developed since it is a single algo that is not memory hard. So although it looks like a very nice algo we need to think about it because we are moving from scrypt because of the asic issue.  

Running away from scrypt asics only because their price is absolutely ridiculous. Quoted from the link I posted:

The idea that ASIC resistance is important for crypto currencies has become widespread, however it is based on a fallacy.

If and when asics for blake256 are built, they will be much much more affordable, and asics are necessary for a coin in the long term. When a coin becomes popular, it gains a lot of attention; this prompts the asic manufacturers to spring into action and create asics for the "hot" algo, those asics in turn help secure the blockchain. Asics didn't kill BTC, and they won't kill LTC or DOGE either, but they will kill a ton of crap/shit coins due to pathetically low network hashrates. Beecoin currently doesn't have enough network hashrate to survive scrypt asics, so it's best to move to blake256 to avoid attacks and give the coin a chance to move forward and become popular enough to gain enough hashrate before blake256 asics are ever invented and released.

So the only reason to run from asics is because we have a pathetically low network hashrate right now, but once we have enough then there won't really be a need to run, plus we position BEE optimally so that when blake256 asics do arrive that a lot of miners will be able to continue to mine BEE by buying affordable asics instead of ridiculously expensive scrypt asics.
legendary
New Block Explorer is around the corner.

great news soopy Smiley

also we should get the block taxes agreed now...

my vote since now 50% of the minting is almost done which i think was a bit to accelerated really but that was the devs copy of doge i guess. 100k block halving.  But yeah since half is nearly gone...

2% dev for continued interest - expenses etc
2%  fund for projects
3% for bee projects whatever we vote to use them on.

If we add pos to add security then we will need to increase the minting a little bit because otherwise i guess we shorted the minting cycle even more quickly and it does not give new comers opportunity. I think this was discussed about boosting from 24 billion total to around 30 billion total a week or more ago but we need to all talk about that idea for a democratic decision.

This is why we really need everyone from bee coin to come back to this updated thread and have their say since it effects them all.

So again i will mention the

5 000 000 beecoins for pming everyone in the first thread with a message that i will write out and then after i test a few to make sure they got the message then you get 5 000 000 beecoins.

Also any persons interested in becoming community manager? 
legendary
Yes we need an abe block explorer whatever one of those is. That is something else. I'm not sure who can build us one. Will it need to be altered if we move to another algo?

I understand a lot of people are voting for blake 256 with POS... but what is great about it... what advantages does it have and why are so many people voting for it?

I'll quote myself from the first page.

Whoever is voting for x11, shame on you. After all the drama in the last couple of days about x11, it's become crystal clear that the average joe miner is being suppressed and inefficiently mining while a select few mine with a more optimized mining software which potentially gives them higher gains. It is the only reason why some members would cry bloody murder when confronted with providing technical answers as to why x11 is more energy efficient and/or secure than any other chained algo.

I personally think Blake256 might be the way to go. Reading http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/1xue3t/blakecoin_blake256_optimized_faster_than_scrypt/, and it looks like a very promising algo.

Edit: also, anyone mining at bee.updamoon.com? Coins haven't been confirming for hours. I'm not sure when it started but it's definitely been in the last 24 hours.

Here's another link to Blake256 info...I like what I'm learning about it.

http://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/blake-256/

well now that is interesting a cuda miner, be very nice to get nvidia guys involved wouldn't it.
legendary
Yes we need an abe block explorer whatever one of those is. That is something else. I'm not sure who can build us one. Will it need to be altered if we move to another algo?

I understand a lot of people are voting for blake 256 with POS... but what is great about it... what advantages does it have and why are so many people voting for it?

I'll quote myself from the first page.

Whoever is voting for x11, shame on you. After all the drama in the last couple of days about x11, it's become crystal clear that the average joe miner is being suppressed and inefficiently mining while a select few mine with a more optimized mining software which potentially gives them higher gains. It is the only reason why some members would cry bloody murder when confronted with providing technical answers as to why x11 is more energy efficient and/or secure than any other chained algo.

I personally think Blake256 might be the way to go. Reading http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/1xue3t/blakecoin_blake256_optimized_faster_than_scrypt/, and it looks like a very promising algo.

Edit: also, anyone mining at bee.updamoon.com? Coins haven't been confirming for hours. I'm not sure when it started but it's definitely been in the last 24 hours.

Yes blake does seem very interesting indeed since merged mining would be possible in the future.

Regarding x11 i did start a thread on this algo to try to seriously find out if it was good or not. The end result of the discussion seemed to suggest that it was no better or no worse than qrk. Although some suggested there was a super charged miner for it  and possibly there is .... even the most knowledgeable people on there could not confirm so it may be there is not much room for optimising it as initially suspected... The chained algos seem to really be not much different at all. I guess x11 sounds fancy so that is the current fashion. Some said more algos = more orphans but then someone else said more algos = more collisions... either way jury was out and the thread never really revealed all that much either way. So qrk and x11 seem very similar.
Strangely a lot of the most knowledgeable ones seemed to not like the chained algos at all. I am not sure why.

I guess if something becomes massively popular like x11 is becoming this will inspire asics faster than algos that are not used so widely. Then again since i have no real idea how asics work...so for instance and asic that can mine x11, would it not also be able to mine blake? since that is one of the algos? could it mine qrk also? i mean from the x11 topic i could not really get the answers i wanted.

I mean is an asic for x11 going to mine qrk also? does the randomness of qrk stop it being able to?  certainly i guess a asic for qrk could not mine x11 because it needs more algos plugged in? so is more algos better or random algos better to fight asics? ....hehe if only i knew how the pesky asics worked.

Scrypt jane N is interesting

So right now out there is it quite hard to make the correct choice.

So i see a lot are voting x11 with POS. I guess if the community wants it they must have it like with all democratic votes. I would have prefered QRK algo with pos that would be nice, not that it is proven better only that it has been tested for longer. Not being a coder myself it is hard to know and you have to listen to the opinions of others who understand these matters more indepth.  

I will try to read up futher on blake, kecca is another one that a lot like. There is also this strange sounding one grolestch or some such name, that runs very cool on peoples gpus, this is very important with the summer advancing now.

legendary
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ
New Block Explorer is around the corner.
Pages:
Jump to: