Pages:
Author

Topic: [RESURRECTION] Taking Beecoin to the Hive Flying!MANDATORY Client Update! - page 14. (Read 24421 times)

Activity: 203
Merit: 100
hey everyone. i,m new here to cryptocurrencies, i have an asus republic of gamers laptop with a gtx 670m, i can get 122kh/s with these settings cudaminer.exe -d 0 -C 1 -H 1 -i 0 -l F28x8. the asus laptop has excellent cooling with the air coming in at the back left, and exit on the back right, kind of like a big horseshoe, my temp according to msi afterburner is 86-89. o/c @ 810mhz mem clock 1600. anyway maybe these settings could help somebody else? Now on a sad note i am very worried about my beecoins at updamoon. my coins have been unconfirmed for 2-3 days now. i had to stop mining there because they may never get paid to me. i have emailed twice, but am getting no help. please tell me i have not lost my coins to this pool owner.  

*edit all issues resolved at updamoon, yey i now have 10,000,000 bees mined on a laptop 
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000
Since X11 has Blake already I believe adding POS will be an option or going ahead with solely Blake + POS , that's to decide.

Currently there's alot of Coins switching to X11 , but then we always don't have to go with the flow.

It's for the community to decide , I'm up for anything.

~SoopY~

People argue that x11 has asic miners, but that blake256 is NVIDIA compliant.

NVidia compliance is a good selling point for blake256.

A hybrid coin may even sell better, if that were possible.
legendary
WHAT CHARACTERISTICS WOULD ATTRACT YOU TO A COIN, IF YOU WERE AN UNEMPLOYED TEENAGER LOOKING FOR QUICK CASH?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ
Since X11 has Blake already I believe adding POS will be an option or going ahead with solely Blake + POS , that's to decide.

Currently there's alot of Coins switching to X11 , but then we always don't have to go with the flow.

It's for the community to decide , I'm up for anything.

~SoopY~
legendary
Soon mining sites will take electricity into the calculation. We need to make sure beecoin is as profitable as possible.

blake256 is energy efficient, so I voted for blake256 + POS.

Where is the dev?

The dev is very busy behind the scenes.
legendary
Blake256 with POS is gaining traction. It is simply the best algorithm out there.
Smiley Cheesy Wink Kiss Smiley
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Soon mining sites will take electricity into the calculation. We need to make sure beecoin is as profitable as possible.

blake256 is energy efficient, so I voted for blake256 + POS.

Where is the dev?
legendary
legendary
WE NEED TO GET THE BEST ALGORITHM FOR BEECOIN - MORE RESEARCH RESULTS SHOULD BE PROVIDED BY MEMBERS OF THIS THREAD, BEFORE A FINAL DECISION IS MADE.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
I voted for Blake256 + POS after it was added...but X11 + POS was ahead in the voting already. I'm ok with X11 if that's what the community ends up voting for. I really think POS is the more important feature.

Nvidia mining is already on the rise with the new Maxwell series cards. They stomp AMD/ATI for electrical usage (very low wattage per hash rate compared with ATI). Older Nvidia cards may benefit from Blake algo but for the new Nvidia Maxwell based cards it probably doesn't matter much.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/02/20/nvidia-is-about-to-steal-the-cryptocurrency-mining-crown-from-amd/

http://www.pcper.com/news/General-Tech/NVIDIA-Coin-Mining-Performance-Increases-Maxwell-and-GTX-750-Ti

http://vr-zone.com/articles/maxwell-will-bring-nvidia-back-cryptomining-game/73556.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=maxwell-will-bring-nvidia-back-cryptomining-game

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/will_nvidia_steal_the_cryptocurrency_mining_crown_from_amd.html

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
I raked up a big x11 discussion in the main forum to test out how good it was compared to other algos....since i heard a few bad things..

It seemed then that nobody could give any real reasons why it was better or worse than what we had already. Nobody said for sure it was insecure or more secure, and it was the same efficiency as qrk.

People seem primarily concerned with electricity usage and cool temps.... until there is proof some have super x11 miners compiled then i think there will be no convincing them to try other algos.

I guess it is possible x11  maxes out certain parts of the card before others can be fully used thus taking less electricity to max out the card potential for that algo.

They want the bottom line best profit. Running with x11 seems to double profits of mining to most so they want it.  If there are optimised miners out there then nobody who knows how to compile one is coming forward... which they wouldn't anyway.

Has anyone compared directly blake256 vs x11 on current miners to see the difference in electricity draw and temps?

Without evidence of x11 super miners it seems that is all people care about right now. Electricity and temps.  

A lot of people are pushing keccak and blake now but these seem more tech people and not want the crowd wants.

It's close with blake256 and x11 on the voting. I guess there just needs to be a hard comparison for people to look at.

The one additional thing i see for blake is the nvidia miner that brings a lot more people into the game.

WE NEED MORE TIME FOR VOTING. PEOPLE ARE VOTING FOR ALGORITHMS THAT THEY REALLY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. Somebody on this forum needs to lecture members about the superiority of Blake256 over x11.

THIS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE THAT SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN LIGHTLY.

PLUS, BLAKE256 PLUS POS WAS ADDED WHEN X11 HAD ALREADY ACHIEVED 9 VOTES. IT WAS NOT A FAIR START.

WE NEED TO VOTE AGAIN.

(There are people voting here who never contributed anything to beecoin)

what does soopy say ? 

Soon mining sites will take electricity into the calc. We need to make sure beecoin is profitable as possible.
legendary
I raked up a big x11 discussion in the main forum to test out how good it was compared to other algos....since i heard a few bad things..

It seemed then that nobody could give any real reasons why it was better or worse than what we had already. Nobody said for sure it was insecure or more secure, and it was the same efficiency as qrk.

People seem primarily concerned with electricity usage and cool temps.... until there is proof some have super x11 miners compiled then i think there will be no convincing them to try other algos.

I guess it is possible x11  maxes out certain parts of the card before others can be fully used thus taking less electricity to max out the card potential for that algo.

They want the bottom line best profit. Running with x11 seems to double profits of mining to most so they want it.  If there are optimised miners out there then nobody who knows how to compile one is coming forward... which they wouldn't anyway.

Has anyone compared directly blake256 vs x11 on current miners to see the difference in electricity draw and temps?

Without evidence of x11 super miners it seems that is all people care about right now. Electricity and temps.  

A lot of people are pushing keccak and blake now but these seem more tech people and not want the crowd wants.

It's close with blake256 and x11 on the voting. I guess there just needs to be a hard comparison for people to look at.

The one additional thing i see for blake is the nvidia miner that brings a lot more people into the game.

WE NEED MORE TIME FOR VOTING. PEOPLE ARE VOTING FOR ALGORITHMS THAT THEY REALLY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. Somebody on this forum needs to lecture members about the superiority of Blake256 over x11.

THIS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE THAT SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN LIGHTLY.

PLUS, BLAKE256 PLUS POS WAS ADDED WHEN X11 HAD ALREADY ACHIEVED 9 VOTES. IT WAS NOT A FAIR START.

WE NEED TO VOTE AGAIN.

(There are people voting here who never contributed anything to beecoin)
legendary
Bringing Nvidia card owners into mining does sound promising to be honest.

Although I have no idea about the tech stuff I do know opening up the mining scene to Nvidia holders would be a big deal.

As our coin is about saving the planet then if it can be proved which one uses the least electricity then we should go with that.

If both are the same and one opens us up to Nvidia then I would go with that.

If it is too late and the changes have already started then I guess we have to stick with it.

Yeah i guess within a short period pow may  become less of an issue than pos anyway which is really efficient. I guess either way does not matter so much soon.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Bringing Nvidia card owners into mining does sound promising to be honest.

Although I have no idea about the tech stuff I do know opening up the mining scene to Nvidia holders would be a big deal.

As our coin is about saving the planet then if it can be proved which one uses the least electricity then we should go with that.

If both are the same and one opens us up to Nvidia then I would go with that.

If it is too late and the changes have already started then I guess we have to stick with it.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1274
Do people not realize how inferior X11 is to Blake256?

I wouldn't pick something just because it's trending.  

Blake-256(optimized) is faster than Scrypt, SHA-256D, Keccak  Grin

It is also incredibly energy efficient, and provides Nvidia card owners an equal chance.

The algorithm was written as a candidate for SHA-3, Based on round one candidate code from the Sphlib 2.1 library and reduced the round function to 8 rounds.

Advantages

Design
• simplicity of the algorithm
• interface for hashing with a salt

Performance
• fast in both software and hardware
• parallelism and throughput/area trade-off for hardware implementation
• simple speed/confidence trade-off with the tunable number of rounds

Security
• based on an intensively analyzed component (ChaCha)
• resistant to generic second-preimage attacks
• resistant to side-channel attacks
• resistant to length-extension

Blake is the fastest !

• 3.4GH/s on a AMD Radeon R9 290X
  • 5.1GH/s on a AMD ATI Radeon 7990
  • 2.2GH/s - 2.8GH/s on a AMD ATI Radeon 7970
  • 1.4GH/s on a AMD ATI Radeon 6970
  • 1.3GH/s on a AMD ATI Radeon 5870
  • 1.6GH/s on a ZTEX USB-FPGA 1.15y Quad Spartan-6 LX150 Development Board
  • 1.5GH/s on a Enterpoint Cairnsmore 1 Quad Spartan-6 LX150 Development Board
  • 800MH/s on a Lancelot Dual Spartan-6 LX150 Development Board
  • 360MH/s on a ZTEX USB-FPGA 1.15x Spartan-6 LX150 Development Board

Do you guys really want Beecoin to die again?  Make the right choice before it's too late!

Waterfall algorithms are insecure and inferior.

The miner for X11 is not optimized.  People have much faster miners than the ones that are available to the public.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Finally, bee.updamoon.com is working as it should.  Cheesy
legendary
Yes i agree, there are also a lot of bee holders who have forgotten this coin, i'm sure they will be back on board once we have this coin up and going again and we have lots of things to do

Once we are back on a decent exchange and get ourselves on to coin market cap that will be quite interesting.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
I like the way this is shaping up....I'm good with it all and looking forward to Bee gaining some traction in the crypto world. Great team effort so far!
legendary
I will fix the wallet within 3 days that's by 14 - 15th and new Algo will kick in. Sounds good?

Also about the block tax it will be as follows as per discussions

BLOCK TAX
2% DEV
0.5% FAUCETS
1.5% GAMBLING GAMES
2% PROJECT

Also Pos will be 5% , just a suggestion , confirming all the above as well as finalizing on the Algorithm will allow me to get working rightaway.

~SoopY~

Sounds excellent...

Yes block tax

2% dev
2% projects wallet - we can vote on how to use it
2% beecoin donations..

sounds good to me..

5% first year
2% 2nd year
1% from then on...

however i will be happy to do whatever everyone else wants

also staking time every 7 days ?  or every day? or will that make the block chain massive?

also looks like it will be x11 POS...  why has nobody ever done x11 POS before?

Also digi shield looks better than kgw ... or seems so from what others are saying.

Staking time would be every 15 days - 30 days max for all coins held.

Yup Bee is going to be the 1st with X11 + POS so it's going to be major.
I guess people were boring to implement that haha , novelty now now. Smiley

So it's final! X11 + POS getting 33.4% Votes
Blake256 + POS getting 33.4 combined votes.

Surely we can go with Digishield.

Are we good?

~SoopY~

cool, i am happy to go with what everyone wants.

others come on have your say don't be upset later.... what do you think on the POS?? have we got the level correct?

I'm good with it .
Pages:
Jump to: