Pages:
Author

Topic: [RESURRECTION] Taking Beecoin to the Hive Flying!MANDATORY Client Update! - page 13. (Read 24421 times)

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000
WE MUST NOT ALLOW BEECOIN TO FAIL. BEECOIN SHOULD BE THE NEW BLACKCOIN OR MINTCOIN.
legendary
CRYPTORUSH IS .... GONE!

BLACKCOIN IS GOING TO THE MOON.

I hope people didn't lose their beecoins on there.

So let's move forward then with beecoin...x11 pos or blake pos i don't really mind.

Either way let's go ahead now weeks debating this is just pushing beecoin further behind. POS is essential the algo x11 or blake is not a big issue i guess. X11 or QRk use less power so i guess for those wishing for more profit those are good.

The Last time I saw cryptorush, there were less than 350m BEES for sale, there wasn't much on cryptorush.
legendary
CRYPTORUSH IS .... GONE!

So let's move forward then with beecoin...x11 pos or blake pos i don't really mind.

Either way let's go ahead now weeks debating this is just pushing beecoin further behind. POS is essential the algo x11 or blake is not a big issue i guess. X11 or QRk use less power so i guess for those wishing for more profit those are good.
You need to keep in contact with soopy, just keep on communicating.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
CRYPTORUSH IS .... GONE!

legendary
CRYPTORUSH IS .... GONE!

Activity: 253
Merit: 100
Consider X11 essentially is an algo with 11 rounds of scientific hashing functions merged together (blake, bmw, groestl, jh, keccak, skein, luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd, echo).
As far as i understood it's made so right to be ASICs resistant as much as possible...
About Blake256 sure it's also ASICs resistant now... but it seems, as i wrote in a previos post, that it's ASIC's friendly... it means:
"...it is a simplified and parallelized design. This means that it is highly efficient on GPUs and FPGAs, and if or when ASICs are made for Blake-256 it also will be highly efficient..."
"...The simplistic nature of the Blake-256 algorithm makes it easier and cheaper to implement in silicon, so if or when Blake-256 ASICs are manufactured, they will be considerably less expensive and also considerably more power efficient than SHA-256 or Scrypt ASICs..."

Then if it is so it depends if we would like in a future to boost the nethasrate switching to cheaper ASIC in the case they will be developed for our algo...
About other characteristics of these algos i don't have any any competence to say anything... i'm just trying to ustand something collecting infos are in forums...
I agree with you it's necessary to move away from Scrypt asap to save our BEEs...
legendary
I don't mind which we use.... i think let's just decide and move ahead soon though. Then we can get going with some things.

Activity: 140
I still think blake256 is the way to go, given that it opens up merged mining with other merge mining coins later on once BEE gains traction and becomes more popular.
legendary
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Since X11 has Blake already I believe adding POS will be an option or going ahead with solely Blake + POS , that's to decide.

Currently there's alot of Coins switching to X11 , but then we always don't have to go with the flow.

It's for the community to decide , I'm up for anything.

~SoopY~

People argue that x11 has asic miners, but that blake256 is NVIDIA compliant.

NVidia compliance is a good selling point for blake256.

A hybrid coin may even sell better, if that were possible.

No worries, X11 for Nvidia is right around the corner.  I think I voted x11 and don't care either way since it already has blake in it as soopy said.

I've got all Nvidia cards(18 of them), so trust me, x11 will be fine and probably preferred to run on nvidia for a while after the release. Give it a week or two.
legendary
WE NEED TO COMPARE x11 AND BLAKE256 IN TERMS OF ELECTRICITY CONSUMPTION.
legendary
legendary
we should bring back the beecoin logo as well ...i liked it... if we could just make it look a little more pro that would be cool. Are there any graphic designers in the bee community?
legendary
This is my gift for a community!
I love bees!
 Cheesy

LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Activity: 208
This is my gift for a community!
I love bees!
 Cheesy

legendary
I prefer blake256 + POS! Grin

And there is still one thing we should decide: reinvent the random reward or just cancel it!
Since the current random reward algorithm is not so random after all, the multipools are doing some selected-mining for the high value blocks, with their high mining power, these multipools are getting more profitable than average. The dogecoin had cancelled the random reward already, I think we should take this into consideration.

yes, let's get rid of it for sure if people can exploit it to get an unfair share of coins.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I prefer blake256 + POS! Grin

And there is still one thing we should decide: reinvent the random reward or just cancel it!
Since the current random reward algorithm is not so random after all, the multipools are doing some selected-mining for the high value blocks, with their high mining power, these multipools are getting more profitable than average. The dogecoin had cancelled the random reward already, I think we should take this into consideration.
legendary
hey everyone. i,m new here to cryptocurrencies, i have an asus republic of gamers laptop with a gtx 670m, i can get 122kh/s with these settings cudaminer.exe -d 0 -C 1 -H 1 -i 0 -l F28x8. the asus laptop has excellent cooling with the air coming in at the back left, and exit on the back right, kind of like a big horseshoe, my temp according to msi afterburner is 86-89. o/c @ 810mhz mem clock 1600. anyway maybe these settings could help somebody else? Now on a sad note i am very worried about my beecoins at updamoon. my coins have been unconfirmed for 2-3 days now. i had to stop mining there because they may never get paid to me. i have emailed twice, but am getting no help. please tell me i have not lost my coins to this pool owner.  

Yes people have had some issues with them before... let us know how it goes. I see a message about updamoon in the main alt section too.  Someone said they were just updating their wallets.. not sure myself what is happening.

Regarding the algo swap, let's give it a couple more days max then just go ahead.

Can someone run an electricity consumption comparison between both blake256 and x11....

I guess that matters a lot to some.

Either way let's just push ahead and get on to a new wallet soon so we can start with marketing and such. Time to push beecoin forward as soon as possible.
Pages:
Jump to: