Pages:
Author

Topic: (Review/Guide) BW.com BW-L21, 550 Mh/s, 950W Litecoin (scrypt) ASIC miner - page 2. (Read 34700 times)

Activity: 461
Merit: 250
Hello and thanks for the reply Smiley

Well situation is kinda messy, I have devices that are viewable on the network and some that are not. Issue is there are units with 2.0 firmware and when I updated them to 2.8 they stoped showing on the network. I got chips and adapter for eeprom for control board so I need to try and flash new chips with file that is for that use and not these updates that are for devices that are working. Probably your control board died... or some part of it...
Activity: 71
Merit: 2
Are you able to detect them in your network? How do you want to use eeprom?

One of mine recently died. It makes noise but the ethernet lights dont blink. I've replaced a small controller chip that burned but still dead.

Here's the latest firmware I have:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujvyjyznhob0nly/2.10.3.tar.gz?dl=0
Activity: 461
Merit: 250
Hi guys, I need little help. I have few dozen BWL21 that are not working and they are unable to show on network so my guess is that firmware is somehow broken. So I need source firmware file for flashing directly on chip using eeprom. I already wrote to BW and Hyperbitshop but no answer. If someone can help I would appreciate that.

Cheers!
The version you see is the UI version, not the firmware that UI is the same.

there is a file inside the miner that has the firmware version but I can't remember the path to it, however if now you have the temperature showing up you've updated it.
Activity: 847
Merit: 383
So forgive me as i am not great in linux

I have installed on my linux laptop:
sshpass:
gnu parallel:
then downloaded 2.10.3
then tar -xzf 2.10.3.tar.gz
then cd 2.10.3
then Edited the ip.txt and specified the IP address of the test machine to update
then sudo ./run.sh

It does some stuff and i do see the BW-L21 reboot but then it comes up at bottom BwVersion2.8.0.  I assume it did not take update right?

ALSO has anyone made a mod firmware for this like Bliss etc.  I'd pay a few bucks for it.  Id like to mod freq and voltage etc like you can on the antminers
Apax do you still have any L21's?  I'm curious if anyone has any of the firmware versions prior to the 2.10 disucssed here. 

I still have, why?
Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
As you can see everyone complains about L21. They just suck  Undecided don't know about L3, never had one.

link for 2.10.3
  https://www.dropbox.com/s/xh41gw6p0o8ky9i/2.10.3.tar.gz?dl=0

If you mean L3 from Bitmain, then they are relatively good. Much better than D3 on stability. Although i got one L3 which got power connectors on controler board soldered other way around. Replacement also didn't work correctly, in end i think i wrote it off.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Apax do you still have any L21's?  I'm curious if anyone has any of the firmware versions prior to the 2.10 disucssed here. 
As you can see everyone complains about L21. They just suck  Undecided don't know about L3, never had one.

link for 2.10.3
  https://www.dropbox.com/s/xh41gw6p0o8ky9i/2.10.3.tar.gz?dl=0
copper member
Activity: 68
Guys, how the BW-L21 compares to the Bitmain L3 in terms of reliability / stability?
Activity: 33
Merit: 1
Hi - Can you repost a link to the 2.9 firmware please. I'm having some problems with some LW-B21
[

quote author=apax link=topic=2118409.msg35356314#msg35356314 date=1524445717]
There's still no official release of the new firmware so I'll try to share it with you.
It's not as easy has the previous updates, but I've managed to do it with no problem having only a very basic knowledge of unix terminal.

These are the instructions I received via email from hyperbit:

Code:
1. You'll need sshpass and parallel installed on whatever machine (UNIX) the script is run on. Links below.
2. tar -xzf 2.9.0.tar.gz
3. cd 2.9.0
4. Edit ip.txt and specify the IP address of the machines you want to update (one per line).
5. ./run.sh

Note, there will be lots of output as each machine is updated.
Some of it may look like failures, this is ok and can safely be ignored.
The updater is built to work across many potential versions and tries to fix various things on the system.
Some of which may already be fixed, so the output reflects that.

Install sshpass: https://gist.github.com/arunoda/7790979
Install gnu parallel: https://www.google.com/search?q=install+gnu+parallel
If you're using Mac as me you'll need to install brew

firmware files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/indgp8nlnk3372s/2.9.0.tar.gz?dl=0
*please note it's my dropbox link, they sent it to me via email.
[/quote]
Activity: 4
Also, if you will lower the frequency, i would suggest detaching the external fan. If you lower the frequency, the power usage also lowers and the boards radiate less heat. This is however something i would recommend doing during lower temperatures and not in the middle of the summer... although the miners we are not selling are doing just fine with this "hack".

I'm interssting with this, Whats is the  lower frequency you run.

Thanks
Activity: 4
Hi,

His someone have acheved an update with firmware 2.10.3 ?

I buy two pieces , with firmware 2.8.0 , the interface dont show the temp.

I try to update with putty, and the firmware 2.10.3 dont work.

thanks
copper member
Activity: 46
I had similar issue with a miner but never managed to use that port.

The USB port is not USB, its TTL and requires a USB to TTL serial transcoder but they were never able to provide me the correct pinout and specifications. If you go by trial and error you can burn the board.

Eventually I managed to get the miner running after series of reboots using the reset button and a lot of swearing and infamous treats  Cheesy

Thank you both. I also tried to get in touch with hyperbit, but they told me to take a hike
I had similar issue with a miner but never managed to use that port.

The USB port is not USB, its TTL and requires a USB to TTL serial transcoder but they were never able to provide me the correct pinout and specifications. If you go by trial and error you can burn the board.

Eventually I managed to get the miner running after series of reboots using the reset button and a lot of swearing and infamous treats  Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
There is the usb port, who knows maybe that could be used

I have not figured out the file system in the L21
or how to fix the file system.
copper member
I have a problem, if someone has any ideas of how to fix this.
when updating firmware from 2.2 to 2.8 a few miners crashed. I cannot reach the miners through their IP (i cannot see their IPs anymore).,
When I watch the power consumption I can see that the power usage does not rise above 170W, so the system does not boot.

Is there a program to fix this through the cable as I cannot see the IPs anymore?

So my conclusion is that the flash on several miners has crashed and i cannot update the firmware. Is there a manual way to get into the miners with a cable (there is a port on the miner) and instal new firmware?

copper member
You turned off the intake or outtake fan?
copper member
Also, if you will lower the frequency, i would suggest detaching the external fan. If you lower the frequency, the power usage also lowers and the boards radiate less heat. This is however something i would recommend doing during lower temperatures and not in the middle of the summer... although the miners we are not selling are doing just fine with this "hack".
Pages:
Jump to: