Pages:
Author

Topic: (Review/Guide) BW.com BW-L21, 550 Mh/s, 950W Litecoin (scrypt) ASIC miner - page 4. (Read 34700 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
People, be careful.

The file that username Seph213 sent me,
gave a bad result in the virus scan.

I used the VirusTotal service (www.virustotal.com).

See the test result for the archive file here (click for a high resolution image):
https://i.imgur.com/8P6EnvJ.png
Is this the official BW release?

Yes thats the one they sent me . If you not sure about my file due to the virus results which btw i didnt bother to check when bw sent it to me , you can can always email bw support and aks them to send it to you .

Please send a link to this file, try to deal with the virus
Thank you in advance!
Activity: 124
Merit: 13
People, be careful.

See the test result for the archive file here (click for a high resolution image):

Yes thats the one they sent me . If you not sure about my file due to the virus results which btw i didnt bother to check when bw sent it to me , you can can always email bw support and aks them to send it to you .

People, be careful.

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
People, be careful.

@prokola

I have sent a PM to Seph213,
maybe he could help you out with the firmware.

Thank you very much
legendary
@prokola

I have sent a PM to Seph213,
maybe he could help you out with the firmware.
Can anyone help? I even have the old firmware version 2.6 stopped installing. Who had it?
https://yadi.sk/i/GssZJFZ_sXtr2A
    There's still no official release of the new firmware so I'll try to share it with you.
    It's not as easy has the previous updates, but I've managed to do it with no problem having only a very basic knowledge of unix terminal.

These are the instructions I received via email from hyperbit:

Code:
    1. You'll need sshpass and parallel installed on whatever machine (UNIX) the script is run on. Links below.
    2. tar -xzf 2.9.0.tar.gz
    3. cd 2.9.0
    4. Edit ip.txt and specify the IP address of the machines you want to update (one per line).
    5. ./run.sh

Note, there will be lots of output as each machine is updated.
    Some of it may look like failures, this is ok and can safely be ignored.
    The updater is built to work across many potential versions and tries to fix various things on the system.
    Some of which may already be fixed, so the output reflects that.

Install sshpass: https://gist.github.com/arunoda/7790979
    Install gnu parallel: https://www.google.com/search?q=install+gnu+parallel
    If you're using Mac as me you'll need to install brew

firmware files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/indgp8nlnk3372s/2.9.0.tar.gz?dl=0
    *please note it's my dropbox link, they sent it to me via email.

Hi, please post a working link to the file with the firmware. Old link not working
    Activity: 71
    Merit: 2
    that's weird... hyperbit told me they were the ones developing the firmware now, but also stopped replying about 2 weeks now.

the UI version on the dashboard is only regarding the UI itself, not the machines firmware.
    legendary
    Not sure what’s the firmware revision but i’m assuming it’s 2.8 since my UI says bw version 2.8 . CGminer is at version 2.9.1

I got this from directly from BW , hyperbit support never answered their emails since i got this miner .

I’ll upload the files , am i able to simply post the file like an attachement ?

You need to use a file sharing website, like Mega.nz for that purpose.
    Not sure what’s the firmware revision but i’m assuming it’s 2.8 since my UI says bw version 2.8 . CGminer is at version 2.9.1

I got this from directly from BW , hyperbit support never answered their emails since i got this miner .

I’ll upload the files , am i able to simply post the file like an attachement ?
    What's the firmware revision?

Did you get in touch with Hyperbit or BW themselves?
    legendary
    I was able to get in touch with bw support . They send me the latest firmware update they have , so now bwminer is at version 2.8 and cgminer is 2.9.1 .

Now my rejection rate is Between .30% and 1 , huge improvement from 6 to 8% . Hash rate seem to vary between 520  and 570 , rately goes down below 500 like it used to.

They sent me a way to do it with windows using winscp ... took me 60 sec to get it done ..

Cool.
    Can you post it here?
    I was able to get in touch with bw support . They send me the latest firmware update they have , so now bwminer is at version 2.8 and cgminer is 2.9.1 .

Now my rejection rate is Between .30% and 1 , huge improvement from 6 to 8% . Hash rate seem to vary between 520  and 570 , rately goes down below 500 like it used to.

They sent me a way to do it with windows using winscp ... took me 60 sec to get it done ..

@Seph213, I'm going to reply to your DM here so anyone with same questions can get an answer.

This new update is some how more difficult to the average Joe.
    I struggled a bit myself since my linux skills are not that much of a deal.

You need to use these 2 extra tools on your system in order to run the update. After getting them it's pretty strait forward.

And they only run on UNIX, so Linux and MacOS.
    I dont know if there are any equivalents (probably they are, but I dont know).
    So you need to get your hands on a Mac just for this task, or install linux on a machine.

The update did increase the overall stability of my machines, leading to slightly better hashrate, less rejections, and the dashboard has a new font and temperature is working.

However, if you struggle with the instructions and only have one or two miners then I say to let it go, or wait for that cousin everyone has that knows is way around to visit you and do it for you cause it's not that much of improvement.
    I never noticed that little guy , i did the hard reset and it works now .. yaayyy

Thank apax and hagss

@ apax does the 2.10 update add or changes anytning regarding the high rejections rates ?

Any changes in the interface ? Did they add anything ?
    legendary
    I can’t even get to the Hashboard , can’t access the reset button
    I think you mean dashboard. He was not talking about the reset button in the software.

He was talking about this reset button:
    I can’t even get to the Hashboard , can’t access the reset button
    Also, it happened to me that they were only making noise. Just press the reset button X times till it boots up

By not working I mean constant reboots, hashboards never going online and very low hashrate.

There's also a new firmware. These are the instructions:

Code:
    1- You'll need sshpass and parallel installed on whatever machine (UNIX) the script is run on.
    2- tar -xzf 2.10.3.tar.gz
    3- cd 2.10.0
    4- Edit ip.txt and specify the IP address of the machines you want to update (one per line).
    5- ./run.sh
    and the file
    https://cl.ly/e051621137ff
    Pages:
    Jump to: