Pages:
Author

Topic: Ripple or Bitcoin - page 32. (Read 34110 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501
October 11, 2014, 10:25:56 AM
can anyone tell me which exchanges are actually accepting ripple?

and don't tell Bitstamp, because I don't want to go trough their verification process
Ripple itself is also an exchange...

Typically you don't need to trade XRP, unless you want to make markets - you can trade whatever you actually want to trade (e.g. BTCUSD or EURUSD or DOGXAU or...)

I saw you post positive things about XRP many times, I take I presume you are a proponent of the xrp platform, I send you one private message concerning said platform and you call it spam.  WTF, clearly you need to adjust your spam filter to "don't contact me if I don't contact you".

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
October 09, 2014, 09:01:02 AM

and don't tell Bitstamp, because I don't want to go trough their verification process

131 XRP markets @ Cryptsy
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
October 09, 2014, 08:40:06 AM

Ripple itself is also an exchange...

Typically you don't need to trade XRP, unless you want to make markets - you can trade whatever you actually want to trade (e.g. BTCUSD or EURUSD or DOGXAU or...)
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
October 09, 2014, 02:57:34 AM

https://www.poloniex.com/exchange/btc_xrp
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
October 09, 2014, 02:53:47 AM

Activity: 168
September 04, 2014, 01:22:18 PM
Ripple is the best thing that could happen to bitcoin traders. We now move fiat and bitcoins from one exchange to another in 5 seconds time and at almost no fee.

All this hate comes from old days because bitcoiners got scared of Ripple instead of embracing it because it improves bitcoin a lot and can only help bitcoin.

Thankfully, 2 years later all those crypto 2.0 started to come out, so things might change. Nowdays people say that you cannot premine a coin that isnt mineable.

I dont know how good bet is XRP though, I only use Ripple to trade bitcoins, but if they manage to get more banks onboard, it could be something like replacement currency for all currency in world today because it serves as cross transaction tool, that would boost its value a lot.

We will see, interesting times ahead. If Ripple gets more adopted then all coins will benefit from it, probably crypto 2.0 coins the most.
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
September 04, 2014, 04:20:26 AM
With the surge of 'crypto 2.0' coins, I am assuming people are starting to more grasp what Ripple is about. It was never intended to replace BTC, Ripple is pinned as an internet of value. It is creating an ecosystem which involves BTC (much like how many crypto 2.0 coins are trying to create ecosystems).

Sure, you could argue that XRP is directly competing with BTC but I see them more as complimentary of each other. I think BTC will always be seen as a store of value compared to XRP.

XRP = currency BTC = commodity.
Activity: 125
September 04, 2014, 03:46:14 AM
Ripple is focus on the payment issue
Bitcoin is a revolution
Don't compare things that they are different
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
September 04, 2014, 02:33:08 AM
The development is still going and in my opinion Ripple will be placed side by side with bitcoins soon.
We must have trusty alternates. Ripple is a 100% premined coin. The optimal value for a 100% premined coin like this one: 1XRP at $0 maximum.
Ripple != XRP.

XRP are premined, Ripple is a network that works very similarly (only more focussed and with quite a few improvements) to colored coins.

Also there seem to be quite a few people who disagree with your sentiment in practice, XRP are traded quite constantly at about half a US-cent per piece.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 03, 2014, 01:13:16 PM
I don't understand all this hate for Ripple, it's years ahead to bitcoin in terms of innovation, we will see who will be the leading crypto...
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
September 03, 2014, 12:56:00 PM
The development is still going and in my opinion Ripple will be placed side by side with bitcoins soon.

We must have trusty alternates. Ripple is a 100% premined coin. The optimal value for a 100% premined coin like this one: 1XRP at $0 maximum.
Activity: 56
September 03, 2014, 12:24:58 PM
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
September 03, 2014, 12:10:49 PM
Maybe you will find interesting the following article

http://www.cryptobang.com/2014/09/03/ripple-just-another-scam/

It describes the drawbacks of ripple

I guess you're going to post this in every Ripple thread.
Activity: 41
September 03, 2014, 11:25:51 AM
Maybe you will find interesting the following article

http://www.cryptobang.com/2014/09/03/ripple-just-another-scam/

It describes the drawbacks of ripple
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1006
Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952
May 06, 2014, 05:11:36 AM
There was a time when ripple cost 6,000 considering the devs had billions of it, yes they had their time but now its like the devs just abandoned the project
not true.
Well Ripple is not completely dead, but the hype has burnt out and people have seen through its premine centralized bullshit and apparently want nothing to do with it.
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
May 06, 2014, 04:24:26 AM
I am gonna go out on a limb and say bitcopin
Activity: 42
May 06, 2014, 04:17:13 AM
no doubt about it --- bitcoin ....

ripple is the anti-thesis of bitcoin ...

legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
May 06, 2014, 04:15:59 AM
oh btw...

Fidor Becomes First Bank to Use Ripple Payment Protocol

by Pete Rizzo

San Francisco-based decentralized payment network provider Ripple Labs has announced that German Internet direct bank Fidor is now using the Ripple protocol as part of its transaction infrastructure.

With the announcement, Fidor has become the first bank to integrate Ripple’s payment protocol, allowing its customers to instantly send money in any currency in any amount through the bank’s money transfer products at a lower cost.

The move is significant as it will allow Ripple to showcase how its unique open-source approach to payments can be used by banks to replace many of the common intermediaries in the industry, thereby passing on savings to partner institutions, and by extension, their clientele... continued

sourcehttp://www.coindesk.com/fidor-becomes-first-bank-to-use-ripple-payment-protocol/
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
May 06, 2014, 04:13:35 AM
There was a time when ripple cost 6,000 considering the devs had billions of it, yes they had their time but now its like the devs just abandoned the project

not true.
Activity: 371
Merit: 250
May 06, 2014, 03:17:25 AM
Pages:
Jump to: