Pages:
Author

Topic: Ripple or Bitcoin - page 33. (Read 34110 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
May 06, 2014, 03:02:03 AM
Well ripple had its moments where it was talked about a lot here but it kind of just faded away
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
May 05, 2014, 08:20:35 AM
is this thread dead?
With all the trolling towards the end and considering there was no activity for nearly a year, yes.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
May 05, 2014, 08:10:53 AM
is this thread dead?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1006
Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952
June 06, 2013, 08:20:20 AM

About Joel's wife ? A lot, I bet more than he knows himself.

Sorry, but i meant the thruth about ripple.

To be so personal and emotional when discussing in this forum just disqualifies the arguments. So please, if you have something serious to say, Im interested.
Oh, you were serious.

For "what i know", check links in my signature.
This topic has been discussed so many times...

In short:
- Ripple is not either open source or decentralized
- Their website lies about the truth

No more "truths" i know.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
June 06, 2013, 08:13:04 AM

Sorry, but i meant the thruth about ripple.

To be so personal and emotional when discussing in this forum just disqualifies the arguments. So please, if you have something serious to say, Im interested.
legendary
June 06, 2013, 06:55:26 AM
Then you believe it is just "OK" to lie in that manner to get more people in the project ?
Do you still beat your wife?
No, but i beat yours, and man - she likes it.

So are we going to start insulting each other instead of just discussing on the topic ?

Why dont you tell us what you know?

June 06, 2013, 06:24:32 AM
Then you believe it is just "OK" to lie in that manner to get more people in the project ?

So are we going to start insulting each other instead of just discussing on the topic ?

Why dont you tell us what you know?
legendary
June 06, 2013, 05:11:44 AM

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Want some pi with that?
June 05, 2013, 06:27:56 PM
Bitcoin, for sure Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
June 05, 2013, 05:47:44 PM
legendary
June 05, 2013, 05:19:59 PM
Why don't you just update the site and wiki so it reflects **the truth** ? That would shut the mouths of all critics.
It wouldn't shut the mouths of any critics, they'd just move on to some other argument that they don't actually believe.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
June 05, 2013, 03:44:27 PM
Why don't you just update the site and wiki so it reflects **the truth** ? That would shut the mouths of all critics.
It wouldn't shut the mouths of any critics, they'd just move on to some other argument that they don't actually believe.

Might be worth a try. A through description of the situation would actually be helpful imo.
Of course it wouldn't stop the zealots, but they'd have a harder time to gain followers for sure..

Yes the next thing will be: "It's pre-mined!" then after that "But you guys wanna destroy Bitcoin!" and after this "We will fork your code and make it obsolete, hurr durr!"
However in contrast to the licensing issue it requires some serious mental gymnastics to misinterpret things to come to these points.
KSV
Activity: 398
Merit: 250
SVERIGES VIRTUELLA VALUTAVÄXLING
June 05, 2013, 03:19:09 PM
nope, BTC for sure
legendary
June 05, 2013, 02:56:35 PM
legendary
June 05, 2013, 03:39:57 AM
So does that mean you guys will shut up once the beta ends and rippled is released as promised?
Probably.
The question is: will it really happen ?
I am personally committed to ensuring this happens by the end of the year at the very latest and, I hope, around September. We have been focusing on outside audits of the source code, increasing the number of, and geographic distribution of, organizations that run validators to gather more real-world data on the behavior of the code, testing the logic that controls changes to the transaction processing rules, and so on.

Hey Joel, let me understand something.

Why all the lies ?

I mean WTF ? Is that really so damn difficult ?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
June 05, 2013, 01:16:24 AM
So does that mean you guys will shut up once the beta ends and rippled is released as promised?
Probably.

The most popcorn worthy drama is how OpenCoin is going to inject the remaining 49 billion something XRPs into the market.
legendary
June 04, 2013, 12:59:38 PM
Probably.
I am personally committed to ensuring this happens by the end of the year at the very latest and, I hope, around September. We have been focusing on outside audits of the source code, increasing the number of, and geographic distribution of, organizations that run validators to gather more real-world data on the behavior of the code, testing the logic that controls changes to the transaction processing rules, and so on.

Bitcoin makes a lot of design sacrifices to enable it to operate as a distributed system with no central authorities. Whenever anyone suggests making a centralized system based on Bitcoin, everyone rightly points out that you have to accept all those sacrifices and in exchange get no benefits. That's just bad engineering. Ripple similarly makes lots of design sacrifices to enable it to operate as a distributed system with no central authorities. Not running it that way, you gain absolutely nothing in exchange for those design sacrifices (other than to validate the design).
legendary
June 04, 2013, 03:12:34 AM
Probably.
June 03, 2013, 07:09:02 PM

Too radical
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
June 03, 2013, 06:45:32 PM
Pages:
Jump to: