Pages:
Author

Topic: Road to RX 570/580 7 GPU MINING RIG - page 3. (Read 83709 times)

Activity: 382
Merit: 251
June 07, 2017, 06:26:39 AM
Is it possible to power both 6 pin riser and card using a 6+2 splitter cable?

I have a 1000w PSU, only have 3 cards at the moment and waiting on riser but will go to a 6 cards if i can

For ETH ONLY 1000PSU should do fine but with dual mining it can not.

Optimized rig of 6 GPUs should take 800-850Watts from the wall but dual minigs increases consumption.

I have 1 rx 470 and 5 RX 570. Applied some mods. Not the most optimized rig of course:

168-169 Mh/s ETH-->850-880Watts
+2700 Mh/s SIA when dual mined--> 1020-1050 Mh/s.

I rather keep my PSUs comfortable instead of squeezing every bit of juice it has.

I prefer maximum %80 capacity of PSU on full load.
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
June 07, 2017, 05:49:07 AM
Anyone know what 470 bios can be uploaded in a Sapphire RX570 Pulse 4gb ?
Activity: 306
Merit: 251
June 06, 2017, 09:37:19 PM
Is it possible to power both 6 pin riser and card using a 6+2 splitter cable?

I have a 1000w PSU, only have 3 cards at the moment and waiting on riser but will go to a 6 cards if i can
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
June 06, 2017, 08:37:41 PM
1. DDU clean and restart
2. 16.9.2 extract files from B folder to overwrite 17.5.1 B folder files
3. enable 4g decoding , save and turn off.
4. put 5 cards in and run
5. the computer turns on and mining rig works but the computer is extremely laggy and turns off after few seconds of mining.

Can anyone help?
Activity: 12
June 04, 2017, 02:07:10 PM

this is our motherboard: http://www.asrock.com.tw/mb/Intel/Z270%20Killer%20SLI/index.asp#BIOS

Initially we could only get 4 cards installed and then found the above bios update. We then changed the chipset config as per attached pic (I am unsure whether i should set pcie to Gen2 or config but we followed gen2 based on a forum we read)

we then managed to install 6 cards

the cards are sapphire amd rx580 8gig gpus. I downloaded the combined drivers as per cryptomined and 1migingrig blog. I then downloaded claymore and all hashed at a total rate of 150mhz.

i overclocked as per below instructions using sapphire trixx and the modified bios in this blog:

http://1stminingrig.com/best-bios-rom-sapphire-nitro-rx-580-8gb-oc-hynix-memory-30-mhs/

Now all 6 are hashing but one is hashing at 4mhz Sad

this card was earlier hashing at 0mhz and is the same card I could not get access into earlier by itself

i then moved the riser to a different pcie slot and it worked. i tried a different card on the 6th slot and it didnt work but then I changed the pcie of slot 6 to auto and it worked

still cannot get all 6 cards to hash a total of more than 150mhz

any ideas?
Activity: 54
June 01, 2017, 11:23:33 AM
We are using ethOS and got 5 cards to work but the moment we connect the 6th card and it starts hashing the rig restarts...any ideas?Huh?
If you're using claymore, maybe this might help
-gser   this setting can improve stability on multi-GPU systems if miner hangs during startup. It serializes GPUs initalization routines. Use "-gser 1" to serailize some of routines and "-gser 2" to serialize all routines.
   Default value is "0" (no serialization, fast initialization).
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
June 01, 2017, 08:38:57 AM
There is no option for cryptomining Sad

I can run 4 cards with no issues but the moment we connect the 5th or 6th we get the error saying insufficient resources

please someone help

There is an option. It wont be called exactly what its called for other people. Could be cryptomining. Could be 4G decoding. Could be MIMO.

my board doesn't have 4g decoding

Only changeable option is TOLUD and we set it at 3.5gb

We are using ethOS and got 5 cards to work but the moment we connect the 6th card and it starts hashing the rig restarts...any ideas?Huh?
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
June 01, 2017, 05:48:23 AM
Oh i see...
So that's a driver issue.
No known workaround found so far ?

Well, out of the blue, I would think that if your board supports PCI-Passthrough (IOMMU), You could install VMware and run the 9th card in a virtualized windows machine.

June 01, 2017, 05:34:52 AM
Oh i see...
So that's a driver issue.
No known workaround found so far ?
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
June 01, 2017, 02:30:58 AM
Hi guys !

I'm successfully running 8 x RX580 on Asus Prime Z270-A + 1 M2 to PCIE riser (232Mh/s, 980W total at the wall) thanks to the driver trick.

Just tried to go up to 9 GPUs using a second M2 riser but it's so far a no-go.
The 9 cards do show up in device manager but Windows crashes when installing driver on the 9th card.
It then blue screens after reboot : "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED".

Did any of you succesfully went beyond 8 GPUs ?
Any idea what causes the crash / how to go through with the 9th driver install ?

Any feedback appreciated Smiley

AMD drivers are limited to 8 gpus only, that's why the 9th card is crashing.
June 01, 2017, 12:11:37 AM
Hi guys !

I'm successfully running 8 x RX580 on Asus Prime Z270-A + 1 M2 to PCIE riser (232Mh/s, 980W total at the wall) thanks to the driver trick.

Just tried to go up to 9 GPUs using a second M2 riser but it's so far a no-go.
The 9 cards do show up in device manager but Windows crashes when installing driver on the 9th card.
It then blue screens after reboot : "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED".

Did any of you succesfully went beyond 8 GPUs ?
Any idea what causes the crash / how to go through with the 9th driver install ?

Any feedback appreciated Smiley
Activity: 219
May 31, 2017, 08:31:19 AM
Need a little help.

Been able to mine using 4 cards while 4G is disabled. When 4G is enabled, I see all my 7 cards but when I try to mine, it says AMD display drivers have stopped working and has recovered. Unable to really mine at all.

Using Claymore 9.4. PCI settings set to Gen1, used the old and new driver merging, patched using pixel clock patcher. My cards are all 570s. My board is MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3x. I have MSI Z170A Pro Gaming Carbons that work flawlessly with 7 GPUS.. Vendor told me that the difference between them were only the lights and that 7 gpu setup is also possible with krait gaming 3.

Anyway, I seriously need your help. Any suggestions?

Bad risers or bad overclock. Make sure each card mines without 4g first. Make sure all risers operate fine.
Activity: 219
May 31, 2017, 08:30:01 AM

I can run 4 cards with no issues but the moment we connect the 5th or 6th we get the error saying insufficient resources

please someone help

There is an option. It wont be called exactly what its called for other people. Could be cryptomining. Could be 4G decoding. Could be MIMO.
Activity: 8
May 30, 2017, 02:11:10 PM
Need a little help.

Been able to mine using 4 cards while 4G is disabled. When 4G is enabled, I see all my 7 cards but when I try to mine, it says AMD display drivers have stopped working and has recovered. Unable to really mine at all.

Using Claymore 9.4. PCI settings set to Gen1, used the old and new driver merging, patched using pixel clock patcher. My cards are all 570s. My board is MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3x. I have MSI Z170A Pro Gaming Carbons that work flawlessly with 7 GPUS.. Vendor told me that the difference between them were only the lights and that 7 gpu setup is also possible with krait gaming 3.

Anyway, I seriously need your help. Any suggestions?

May 30, 2017, 08:48:47 AM

please someone help
Activity: 2
May 29, 2017, 06:11:06 AM
Hi everyone

Hoping someone can help me (total newbie to GPU mining and unfortunately started by trying to build my own rig!)

Asrock Z270 Killer SLI
8gb ddr4 ram
Intel celeron processor
1x550w psu for the mobo
1x1800w psu for 6 gpu
6x Sapphire RX580 nitro+ 8gb
6x 1x riser cables
Windows 10 64gb

All 6 cards show up in windows device manager
3 of them are installed correctly, other 3 are not usable with  insufficient system resources available error code 12

Tried installing combined driver by cryptomined
Tried installing 17.5.1 with 16.11.5 drivers changed (followed correct procedure)

No luck

All gpu's powed with 6 and 6+2 connectors

Really stumped! Someone told me my motherboard doesnt take 6 graphic cards?

Not sure what else to do right now:(

There is usually an option in BIOS to enable 4G or Cryptomining option. Search around and I am sure it will be there. Your other 3 PCIe slots are sharing DMI with other components like USB 3.1 etc, so you need to enable the above mentioned option to dedicate the resources to those 3 slots. Hope this helps.
May 28, 2017, 06:16:40 PM
Hi everyone

Hoping someone can help me (total newbie to GPU mining and unfortunately started by trying to build my own rig!)

Asrock Z270 Killer SLI
8gb ddr4 ram
Intel celeron processor
1x550w psu for the mobo
1x1800w psu for 6 gpu
6x Sapphire RX580 nitro+ 8gb
6x 1x riser cables
Windows 10 64gb

All 6 cards show up in windows device manager
3 of them are installed correctly, other 3 are not usable with  insufficient system resources available error code 12

Tried installing combined driver by cryptomined
Tried installing 17.5.1 with 16.11.5 drivers changed (followed correct procedure)

No luck

All gpu's powed with 6 and 6+2 connectors

Really stumped! Someone told me my motherboard doesnt take 6 graphic cards?

Not sure what else to do right now:(

May 28, 2017, 07:32:16 AM
So i have been trying to mine with 6 RX 570s but my system crashes with more than 4 cards. It starts mining with the 5th but crashes after ramping up the Hash rate, which is usually around a min or two of starting to mine. Windows just hangs.

Sytem:
Z270-a pro motherboard
1300 W PSU
GPUs: RX 570
RAM: 16 GB
Windows 10 64 bit

By the way, I was getting the same issue of getting a black screen on Windows boot up with the 4G turned on with the latest and every other possible driver. I got it to boot up and recognize the cards with mixing old/new drivers but that was causing other OpenCL issues with mining and not to mention none of the monitoring softwares were recognizing the drivers as legit.

What worked for me was installing the stock Crimson 17.5.1 driver after cleaning old ones with DDU. Now everything is working fine but I still cannot use more than 4 cards to mine. My system will recognize all six cards with no problem now but the system crashes when the mining initially starts ramping up the rate to around 70-80 MH/s. It seems as if there are not enough resources available or something for all of them to mine simultaneously.
lrk
May 27, 2017, 08:16:13 PM
For that matter did anyone manage to run 7 gpu's on the z170 or 270 cards?

If so, I was looking into buying the msi z170 gaming pro carbon board. Anything I need to be aware of before buying?

Thanks

Pretty happy with that board. I got 6x sapphire rx580 8gb nitro+ hynix and just added the 7th sapphire rx580 nitro+ 4g hynix(easier to buy these days) all works charming so far. All i need is to tune the rx580 4g bios. Anyone aware if the bios from 8gb card will work for the 4gb?
Pages:
Jump to: