Pages:
Author

Topic: @RogerVer lets make a deal. At least 60k, my BTU for your BTC. - page 17. (Read 64844 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 259
  capacitiy increases (segwit) and layer 2 (LN) is the way to go.

the main problem with this is that we needed capacity increases yesterday and segwit won't be approved tomorrow...meanwhile bitcoin is losing market share to other cryptos.

So instead of waiting and being patient you would rather have every miner hurry up and do the hardfork to an insecure code base like Bitcoin Unlimited? Is that what you really want?
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074
For the record,  I replied to Loaded on March 24, 2017, 10:29:47 PM.
I still haven't heard back from him yet.

Oh please

You can accept or decline the terms right now, then everyone knows where you both stand

Or do you need more time to think it over
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155
For the record,  I replied to Loaded on March 24, 2017, 10:29:47 PM.
I still haven't heard back from him yet.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
I bet he won't take it
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

segwit has more blocks then btc-u last 24 hr Smiley

Coindance is a bit of a joke, IMO

Why is 1000 blocks relevant? Both Segwit and BU use 2016 block periods for their activation parameters, so the 1000 blocks sample makes zero sense

Meh, they do have their things but 1000 blocks is almost exactly one week (~6.94 days +- hashing variance and adjustment lag). So not that crazy to include it.

I really don't think any of this matters as long as BU stays well under 50%. SegWit is not going to be activated by 95% any time soon if ever, so until they introduce some modification that matters for SegWit activation, nothing of this is news (save for BU getting dangerous).

By the way... longest 48h of my life.
legendary
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Jihan is afraid that he might lose fees once segwit is activated & LN implemented. What he cant understand is that he will receive more fees after segwit as the usage will increase again.

Dont know who is controlling who. Jihan by Roger or vice-versa.
That sounds weird... Miners wouldn't get more fees because of the LN network, because they'd still be mining the 1MB/2MB blocks. BU and LN will both increase usage and adoption, however BU will stay onchain, which means more fees and profit for the miners. All these talks about Jihan wanting to control BTC are bs, he just wants money. LOL (not blaming him for it though  Tongue)

If he wants money, why would he risk his entire ASIC industry in buggy software that can kill bitcoin? (and render him bankrupt as a result)

If he really wants money, lets get segwit + LN so we can reach massive usage. Also LN incentivizes running nodes since you can make money off interesting by running LN channels, which is why Core does a good job by keeping the block size small, so the average guy (us) can also make money by running LN hubs with their hodlings. Conservative block size also gives us the option to counter attack greedy miners with weapons such as UASF. The whole thing makes sense. Counting pros and cons, conservative block size, capacitiy increases (segwit) and layer 2 (LN) is the way to go.

After segwit, future block size increases will be needed anyway.

Onchain scaling will never amount to mainstream bitcoin usage. You can't be buying coffees and doing groceries waiting for the guy next to you in the lane to confirm the transactions. That's just stupid.

A miner wants money , he wont get that if you fight community...
and most important VER does not believe in BCU himself...
He did not respond to a $100.000.000 bet. so this guy is a fake.
abnd yes as a miner you dont want buggy software , trustware is the standard..
you will lose everything if you crash your chain. so miner will go for stabile opensource software without suprises.
there is no escape for ver this time , failing this bet will forever stick on him.

So miners move to pools that support segwit.

donator
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
  capacitiy increases (segwit) and layer 2 (LN) is the way to go.

the main problem with this is that we needed capacity increases yesterday and segwit won't be approved tomorrow...meanwhile bitcoin is losing market share to other cryptos.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
Jihan is afraid that he might lose fees once segwit is activated & LN implemented. What he cant understand is that he will receive more fees after segwit as the usage will increase again.

That sounds weird... Miners wouldn't get more fees because of the LN network, because they'd still be mining the 1MB/2MB blocks. BU and LN will both increase usage and adoption, however BU will stay onchain, which means more fees and profit for the miners. All these talks about Jihan wanting to control BTC are bs, he just wants money. LOL (not blaming him for it though  Tongue)

If he wants money, why would he risk his entire ASIC industry in buggy software that can kill bitcoin? (and render him bankrupt as a result)

If he really wants money, lets get segwit + LN so we can reach massive usage. Also LN incentivizes running nodes since you can make money off interesting by running LN channels, which is why Core does a good job by keeping the block size small, so the average guy (us) can also make money by running LN hubs with their hodlings. Conservative block size also gives us the option to counter attack greedy miners with weapons such as UASF. The whole thing makes sense. Counting pros and cons, conservative block size, capacitiy increases (segwit) and layer 2 (LN) is the way to go.

After segwit, future block size increases will be needed anyway.

Onchain scaling will never amount to mainstream bitcoin usage. You can't be buying coffees and doing groceries waiting for the guy next to you in the lane to confirm the transactions. That's just stupid.
legendary

The only joke in town is Roger and btc-u
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/60ozkh/rogerver_lets_make_a_deal_1_for_1_trade_at_least/

about coindance:
coindance counts blocks.

asic miner owners are moving away from bt-u pools.
the assumption that a pool owns all asics is bul...
A lot of  asic miner owners flock in a pool to have bigger chance finding a block...
Using a chineese pool can be very handy f.e if it comes to taxing somewhere in future.
other thing is that not all china pools signal btc-u al few also signal segwit so also inside china people can reconfig there asics and switch pool.

legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

Coindance is a bit of a joke, IMO

Why is 1000 blocks relevant? Both Segwit and BU use 2016 block periods for their activation parameters, so the 1000 blocks sample makes zero sense
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

That sounds weird... Miners wouldn't get more fees because of the LN network, because they'd still be mining the 1MB/2MB blocks. BU and LN will both increase usage and adoption, however BU will stay onchain, which means more fees and profit for the miners. All these talks about Jihan wanting to control BTC are bs, he just wants money. LOL (not blaming him for it though  Tongue)
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

legendary

But what do you expect btc-u is joke

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
SATOSHI wanted 1 MB blocks, not 2MB or unlimited block-size.

Are you sure about that?
Iirc I'm pretty sure he started with something much more than that and even said that it should be adjusted when needed..
Exactly, i can never remember reading any post by Satoshi where he says the block size should always remain at 1mb, if there is a post somewhere that he says that then please point it out to me.

Your search for Satoshi's Last Will and Testament is a noble one, and touching, but perhaps doomed to fail.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
As much as people hate on BTU, there's a risk of the chain surviving. Exchanging your coins for one chain is a high risk move that could leave you penniless.
The future must be very beautiful!
With the level of uncertainty bitcoin is going through at this time how come you say that the future is beautiful, people do have BTU because they are against the decentralized structure of bitcoin and if there is a split i am sure BTU wont survive as it will be an alt coin rather than the main coin.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

I love Monty Python. Everyone is farting in Ver's general direction.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
SATOSHI wanted 1 MB blocks, not 2MB or unlimited block-size.

Are you sure about that?
Iirc I'm pretty sure he started with something much more than that and even said that it should be adjusted when needed..
Exactly, i can never remember reading any post by Satoshi where he says the block size should always remain at 1mb, if there is a post somewhere that he says that then please point it out to me.
Pages:
Jump to: