Pages:
Author

Topic: @RogerVer lets make a deal. At least 60k, my BTU for your BTC. - page 21. (Read 64844 times)

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
I believe its been more than the 48hrs, did Ver take the deal?

Nope he is still super busy. Doing podcasts and stuff. No time to spare to make a 130 million USD deal.

Yep he is a JOKE... including BTCU...
people now should keep remembering him about it.
because rhetoric does not help him , time to explain to the non press.
its a realativly simple ting , kind of like the fake nakamoto stuff...

I don't think that Roger is that silly to take the deal he knows that he is at disadvantage if ever he is going to take the deal. He knows what he is doing and he won't waste millions of bucks just for his silly creation. When it comes to money, he will never put it at risk. Let's wait for some more hours if he is a real guy.
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Does OP anticipate we'll actually get a split?

Yes, the person wants to exchange the split coins and hold and see which will be more valuable in time.
Ver gets this persons BTU coins, and Ver hands over his BTC coins. There will be no dumping.

Depending on which chain survives (long term), determines who the winner of this bet is.

Obviously, parties should use escrow to exchange the coins.  Cheesy
This is an attempt to show his confidence in btc.I think if that challenge is excepted by Ver (and he should if he believes in BU),the person getting btc will be the winner because btc is already an established coin.It will take time fot btc to die while BU could either die or grow slowly.
legendary
Activity: 980
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Nope he is still super busy. Doing podcasts and stuff. No time to spare to make a 130 million USD deal.

Yep he is a JOKE... including BTCU...
people now should keep remembering him about it.
because rhetoric does not help him , time to explain to the non press.
its a realativly simple ting , kind of like the fake nakamoto stuff...
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
In cryptography we trust

legendary
Activity: 1456
legendary
Roger is a clown now, he knows nothing but only plays some tricks, fortunately we see some rich guys have shown against him. He will lose his precious BTC for worthless BTU.
the truth till now is he did not respond accept for rhetoric.
but that wont help him this time..
Activity: 331
Merit: 250
Roger is a clown now, he knows nothing but only plays some tricks, fortunately we see some rich guys have shown against him. He will lose his precious BTC for worthless BTU.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
I really wish BTU would just split already if they're going to do it. This is absolutely exhausting. 

They need to get 75% or so hashpower.  You can keep track of it on node counter.

Quite pointless for people to say 'fork off already' because they won't until they reach that level.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
Do you really think that the people who bought BTC cheap and held it all these years through the highs and lows were just "lucky"?

from experience most who held (from lows to highs) did so because they forgot about btc or ignored it for years LOL

Yeah, that's what I think too. That's has more to do with dumb luck than mad trading skillz. Ver was an angel investor. I would expect him to have a bunch hanging around. This guy named James Howells bought something like 7,500 btc in 2009 and threw away a hard drive. He remembered he had some after the price went up and looked for the hard drive only to remember that he threw it away. That's like buying Apple stock at the beginning and throwing away the certificates. That's got to sting a little.

Or maybe they super early adopters had a real plan from the beginning. What if Group Satoshi knew exactly what they were doing in creating the censorship resistant currency, this forum, the darknet market and the acquisition of the first BTC exchange from Jed McCaleb. It all started from there and the rise and rise of Bitcoin might be no fluke.

Even that's a more realistic story. Maybe BTU is the next step in the story. What if the only way the Island of Nevis Consortium/Group Satoshi can maintain their control is by supporting BU. They plan on taking over every node and mining farm to secure their evil plan. muahahaha
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
I really wish BTU would just split already if they're going to do it. This is absolutely exhausting. At least then we wouldn't have to hear about it every day and each side could work on their projects in peace.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
Do you really think that the people who bought BTC cheap and held it all these years through the highs and lows were just "lucky"?

from experience most who held (from lows to highs) did so because they forgot about btc or ignored it for years LOL

Yeah, that's what I think too. That's has more to do with dumb luck than mad trading skillz. Ver was an angel investor. I would expect him to have a bunch hanging around. This guy named James Howells bought something like 7,500 btc in 2009 and threw away a hard drive. He remembered he had some after the price went up and looked for the hard drive only to remember that he threw it away. That's like buying Apple stock at the beginning and throwing away the certificates. That's got to sting a little.

Or maybe they super early adopters had a real plan from the beginning. What if Group Satoshi knew exactly what they were doing in creating the censorship resistant currency, this forum, the darknet market and the acquisition of the first BTC exchange from Jed McCaleb. It all started from there and the rise and rise of Bitcoin might be no fluke.
donator
Not a XMR hater, just pointing out facts. I think the coin got good tech, but I don't see how it solves the scaling problem at all.

And the fact is, blocksize increases solve the capacity problem, at the exact same scale. Blocksize increases do not change the scale at all.

Big blockers really don't like this fact, which is why they have never dared refute it.

Dynamic block sizes solve block scalability.

Privacy isn't free. There are trade offs.

Seems people forget this when they are used to the concept of the welfare state giving them a free lunch.

We don't want to pay the price of losing censorship-resistance and privacy. That's why we don't have 8GB blocks. It's pretty simple indeed, no free lunch indeed. No lunch we don't want to pay.

When you are small enough then you can afford it for the demand you have (early Bitcoin, Monero).
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
notthematrix, the link to the video was in every post you have quoted of mine so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtDTNA85rm4

See the comments. 4th comment down.

Are you a bought account? It seems like not long ago that you could write and read.
that dollar vigilante guy is just super cool.
i'd love to smoke a joint with him one day  Cheesy
legendary
notthematrix, the link to the video was in every post you have quoted of mine so far.

Are you a bought account? It seems like not long ago that you could write and read.

Oke found the message 24h later now.....
But still NO SIGNED COMMITMENT Smiley
ver can post anything , does not mean he does it , I see no commitment in form of a SIGNED transaction message

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/60ozkh/rogerver_lets_make_a_deal_1_for_1_trade_at_least/

so everybody can check for them self on the bitcoin command line!! Smiley
As explained here!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/60ozkh/rogerver_lets_make_a_deal_1_for_1_trade_at_least/

So I come back tomorow to see any progress!!! , to me it looks like Roger is a JOKE
like BU is a JOKE! Smiley

Still no signed proposal from Roger Ver 
For every hour that passes this guy becomes more of a Joke.
Because math is so much stronger then rhetoric.
Still waiting..... Smiley

And yes he can talk and talk and talk , but that does not help him this time...
the only thing that will help him is when he signs a message on a wallet containing 40.000 BTC , to double down...
That's the beauty  of bitcoin ,,,, you have to put the money were yourt mouth is and everybody can see if you do.
because everybody having commandline btc client.
can verify the loaded's 40.000 BTC bet by typing

./bitcoin-cli verifymessage 19Mz2o9RDABT74SA9njZqMtJXKEzj2qUoH H9ed6z5RgdThRxXXqePmtJbaK1pGvoy6e+aiwUPD6pkrJ6d6TBchOu5OQLEbgq/15YRjcOUC+kMrGVfszUXV5Wc= '@RogerVer lets make a deal, 1 for 1 trade. At least 60k, possibly up to 130k, my BTU for your BTC.'

the answer after some waiting will be "true"
and that's all roger needs to do ,,, setting up a wallet containing 40.000 btc , singing it in the same way as Loaded did , so everybody can check this for them self.
Until this I can not take joke coin unlimited very serious.
legendary
Not everyone was stupid enough to buy a pizza with thousands of mined bitcoins.

that's a transaction that deserves everyone's respect. we might not be here if it hadn't happened.

Ok, maybe, but it was also a transaction made by someone that never believed bitcoin would be worth very much. Just like all the 50 btc VIP forum members. Either that or all the VIP members really did want to spend $50,000 to impress a bunch of strangers.

Whoa, whoa, wait a minute. That's not true for everyone, and even laszlo possibly had an inkling of an ulterior motive with his purchase. Did you ever read laszlo's account of Satoshi's response to him having started GPU mining? Here's a link.

Basically, laszlo had mined far more than the 10k coin using a GPU. Satoshi encouraged him that a more widespread adoption would help grow the network and adoption rates. Here's what he said (we don't really have proof this was Satoshi, but laszlo didn't really have reason to make it up)

3-4 years ago there were less than 100 people frequenting this forum, and I was pretty happy to trade 10,000 coins for pizza.  I mean people can say I'm stupid, but it was a great deal at the time.  I don't think anyone could have known it would take off like this.

He claims he's sold out all of this coins, but he very well may have stashed some away that he holds onto and just tells people its all gone. That's what I would have done had I been lucky enough to be one of the first GPU miners. I mean, imagine all the people that had at least 100 bitcoin when it hit $1000 in 2013. Were they stupid for having sold at least some of it? If you'd asked that question in 2014 or early 2015, the answer would have been a definite "no". But by today's standards was it stupid? Maybe? It's hard to say with the price where it is. Five years from now? Probably, but we're still not sure, network dominance in the cryptocurrency space might be a fleeting prospect.

I get what you're saying, though, it's unlikely that Laszlo repurchased or started GPU farming coin at the $2 bottom in 2011, or at the $160 bottom in early 2015, but how many people are really that good at timing anyway? He had a family and wasn't going to keep GPU mining or FPGA mining and his time was probably better invested elsewhere than paying attention to Bitcoin. Not everyone can spend every waking minute on Bitcoin, after all. I guess my contention is with calling him "stupid", he got what he wanted out of it, can't fault him for that.

I donated 10 BTC to help out the forum in 2012, so I'm an idiot as well, right? Now I don't own a single coin to my name because I spent all $10k worth of that coin I ever owned on the forum... I promise!  Grin

I don't think they were stupid. I think they really didn't believe the price would skyrocket so fast. That amounts to not really believing in bitcoin. Someone mentioned just buying more to replace what you spent. If you believed it would grow so fast you should buy as much as you can and as much as you can afford with every penny you have and hold, hold, hold.

Ok, maybe the pizza had this great magical effect. I just believe it was more likely that the slashdot and gawker articles that happened at the same time were the real reason for the meteoric rise. You do know the largest holder of btc was the US government because they took Ross Ulbrich's coin away from him, right. Drug addicts and pushers (with the help of a few online articles) really put bitcoin on the map, not a pizza purchase. I doubt you can find anyone outside the members of this forum that even know the pizza story but everyone at the time heard of Silk Road.
legendary

donator
Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015
Not everyone was stupid enough to buy a pizza with thousands of mined bitcoins.

that's a transaction that deserves everyone's respect. we might not be here if it hadn't happened.

Ok, maybe, but it was also a transaction made by someone that never believed bitcoin would be worth very much. Just like all the 50 btc VIP forum members. Either that or all the VIP members really did want to spend $50,000 to impress a bunch of strangers.

Whoa, whoa, wait a minute. That's not true for everyone, and even laszlo possibly had an inkling of an ulterior motive with his purchase. Did you ever read laszlo's account of Satoshi's response to him having started GPU mining? Here's a link.

Basically, laszlo had mined far more than the 10k coin using a GPU. Satoshi encouraged him that a more widespread adoption would help grow the network and adoption rates. Here's what he said (we don't really have proof this was Satoshi, but laszlo didn't really have reason to make it up)

3-4 years ago there were less than 100 people frequenting this forum, and I was pretty happy to trade 10,000 coins for pizza.  I mean people can say I'm stupid, but it was a great deal at the time.  I don't think anyone could have known it would take off like this.

He claims he's sold out all of this coins, but he very well may have stashed some away that he holds onto and just tells people its all gone. That's what I would have done had I been lucky enough to be one of the first GPU miners. I mean, imagine all the people that had at least 100 bitcoin when it hit $1000 in 2013. Were they stupid for having sold at least some of it? If you'd asked that question in 2014 or early 2015, the answer would have been a definite "no". But by today's standards was it stupid? Maybe? It's hard to say with the price where it is. Five years from now? Probably, but we're still not sure, network dominance in the cryptocurrency space might be a fleeting prospect.

I get what you're saying, though, it's unlikely that Laszlo repurchased or started GPU farming coin at the $2 bottom in 2011, or at the $160 bottom in early 2015, but how many people are really that good at timing anyway? He had a family and wasn't going to keep GPU mining or FPGA mining and his time was probably better invested elsewhere than paying attention to Bitcoin. Not everyone can spend every waking minute on Bitcoin, after all. I guess my contention is with calling him "stupid", he got what he wanted out of it, can't fault him for that.

I donated 10 BTC to help out the forum in 2012, so I'm an idiot as well, right? Now I don't own a single coin to my name because I spent all $10k worth of that coin I ever owned on the forum... I promise!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
Who cares if he didn't sign it.  Obviously its him unless you believe someone hacked his youtube and bitcointalk account. 
legendary

Oke found the message 24h later now.....
But still NO SIGNED COMMITMENT Smiley
ver can post anything , does not mean he does it , I see no commitment in form of a SIGNED transaction message

so everybody can check for them self on the bitcoin command line!! Smiley
As explained here!

So I come back tomorow to see any progress!!! , to me it looks like Roger is a JOKE
like BU is a JOKE! Smiley

Still no signed proposal from Roger Ver 
For every hour that passes this guy becomes more of a Joke.
Because math is so much stronger then rhetoric.
Still waiting..... Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1876

Pages:
Jump to: