Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 144. (Read 907212 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night
are there other castles for sale in the region of The Risto Castle? We could create a Bitcoin Castle Hub in a few years Wink

Porkuni is a project for the one not faint in heart. The grounds + building area is (slightly) larger than mine, but in a totally run-down condition.

Laitse is an elegantly renovated country home of 1,500sqm, easy to maintain but a little higher to buy.

Ha, would you like some of us to buy a castle near yours? Smiley What about bears? Wink
Activity: 496
Spanish Bitcoin trader
Bitstamp/BTC-e gap closing, which is bullish. I wish I could explain it, though.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
are there other castles for sale in the region of The Risto Castle? We could create a Bitcoin Castle Hub in a few years Wink

Porkuni is a project for the one not faint in heart. The grounds + building area is (slightly) larger than mine, but in a totally run-down condition.

Laitse is an elegantly renovated country home of 1,500sqm, easy to maintain but a little higher to buy.

Excellent value for money, could just about get a 1 bed flat for EUR 2,500,000 where I am  Grin
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!
What if it breaks?  Huh  Cry
What are the generally accepted long term channels at the moment?

It is generally accepted that you should never sell your bitcoins for anything less than a price, which is multiple times of the ATH of the prior boom.

- If Bitcoin is in its growth channel, and you panic sell in the bottom, it will cost you most of your bitcoins when you panic buy at 5-20x higher after realizing you were wrong. (If you panic buy threshold is lower, you end up always buying high and selling low, and diluting your holdings.)

- If it it destroyed, you have no way knowing it and being able to salvage the high point of your value. Salvaging a low point, is meaningless when the same outcome in fiat terms can be achieved by selling a few %-points more in the previous boom.

I gotta add that I'm long enough in the game and have my emotions now well under control when it comes to crashes. It's like being a Vulcan, I have those emotions, but I don't trade on them. I just wanted to ponder the implications of long/medium/2-3months up channels (we're now in since april) being broken. And your opinions about that.
Not selling. I want a Risto-Castle of my own Smiley

Activity: 686
A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night
What if it breaks?  Huh  Cry

It is generally accepted that you should never sell your bitcoins for anything less than a price, which is multiple times of the ATH of the prior boom.

- If Bitcoin is in its growth channel, and you panic sell in the bottom, it will cost you most of your bitcoins when you panic buy at 5-20x higher after realizing you were wrong. (If you panic buy threshold is lower, you end up always buying high and selling low, and diluting your holdings.)

- If it it destroyed, you have no way knowing it and being able to salvage the high point of your value. Salvaging a low point, is meaningless when the same outcome in fiat terms can be achieved by selling a few %-points more in the previous boom.

I gotta add that I'm long enough in the game and have my emotions now well under control when it comes to crashes. It's like being a Vulcan, I have those emotions, but I don't trade on them. I just wanted to ponder the implications of long/medium/2-3months up channels (we're now in since april) being broken. And your opinions about that.
Not selling. I want a Risto-Castle of my own Smiley
Activity: 763
the odd thing for me about ethereum is, that they on one hand have open sourced a lot of their code - even two implementations in parallel (c++ and go) - but on the other hand want to pay the developers for this through that IPO?
so, there is no incentive for 3rd party developers even looking at the code, because they aren't really motivated to do any work if they aren't getting paid. that's a  bad dynamic in my eyes.

maybe, i'm also getting this wrong …

says the guy who sold most of his Bitcoins to buy a "castle".....

Why the hell do you think he sold most of his Bitcoin to buy a castle? His holdings are in the top echelon.

This guy has a weird obession with Risto, I wouldnt even engage him on the subject if I was you. His hatred for someone who has done him no wrong is almost pathological.
donator
mmitech (as well as windjc) are banned from this thread, and the castle, for their stubborn unrespectful attitude.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

it's quite possible he sold the bitcoins at "multiple times of the ATH of the prior boom.", though. For example he could've sold them for $1000 (clearly a mulitiple of $266)
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

Why the hell do you think he sold most of his Bitcoin to buy a castle? His holdings are in the top echelon.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

This is true. However I find it exceedingly hard to sell in the previous boom.

If there is indeed a next boom, this advice is very good. If not, it's not good advice.
O my god, im starting to think Etherum is a guaranteed big ass IPOfloop. I like Vitalik and what he has done thus far but I always had this feeling about Ethereum being something too big for its own that will end up in nothing. God bless the IPO invester's souls.

People can only invest in vapour ware so many times before they realise, in the crypto world people have had plenty of chances to see the test carried out by alts in regards to IPO's. Seems people still need to learn their lesson.

No max supply = no investment from me.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
O my god, im starting to think Etherum is a guaranteed big ass IPOfloop. I like Vitalik and what he has done thus far but I always had this feeling about Ethereum being something too big for its own that will end up in nothing. God bless the IPO invester's souls.
Activity: 707
Don't know their intentions, no one knows. But it might be a scenario as real as unintended stupidity.

Looking at their ,,Use of revenue'' sheet it looks like 12y. old made..

1 page plan when you raise $4.8M. Am I stupid or people investing there are blind?

All though i was never interested in it.  I would guess that ethereum will be endless project.... Rock type startup it will wallow.

and every new thing those programmers ends up adding, while not making key steps to test the concept, will make it even more Clumsy.

P.s. They would really need a financial advisory.... but it wont help them.

I read through some of their Disclaimer.. apparently they don't promise anything! - They state that some of the announcements might never get done and you may lose your money. Which means.. IF they NEVER do anything at all.. they can just point to these clauses and say.. we were up front about it all along.. I'll pass thanks.
donator
Risto's guide to financial freedom

Nice pic. I appreciate! Smiley
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Don't know their intentions, no one knows. But it might be a scenario as real as unintended stupidity.

Looking at their ,,Use of revenue'' sheet it looks like 12y. old made..

1 page plan when you raise $4.8M. Am I stupid or people investing there are blind?

All though i was never interested in it.  I would guess that ethereum will be endless project.... Rock type startup it will wallow.

and every new thing those programmers ends up adding, while not making key steps to test the concept, will make it even more Clumsy.

P.s. They would really need a financial advisory.... but it wont help them.

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

Risto's guide to financial freedom

Grin
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
Hmm.. well spotted  theory.

But why they would want to dump it for fiat, and in the exchanges.

edit.: could they be raising fiat for some kind of funding round from institutional inv. for those money to be seen in they balance sheets?

They have budgeted to spend a fixed amount of fiat over approximately the next six months, so they need to hedge their risk. https://www.ethereum.org/pdfs/IntendedUseOfRevenue.pdf.
donator
Hmm.. well spotted  theory.

But why they would want to dump it for fiat, and in the exchanges.

They would only do that if they were a bunch of crooks, and scammers, and intending to run with the money in its anonymous fiat form.

Then again, if I had no morale and were in a need for a few million$ (neither of which is luckily the case), I would organize a startup that mentions but does not promise to do marvellous things.
Jump to: