Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 151. (Read 907212 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
But Bitcoin has already reached Gold-tier prices... can you really compare that graph to Bitcoin? What you are suggesting is Bitcoin has barely seen a rise in price yet compared to what's to come. I think this is plain insane and inceptions my mind. How could a single unit of something be so valuable? If we scalate your graph to Bitcoin what you are saying is that these stories about Bitcoin reaching 100K dollars will become true. I think this is plain nuts and delusional. How could a single BTC have the purchasing power of 100K dollars? Of course, it could always mean that Bitcoin goes to 100K and dollar decreases to the point 100K have the purchasing power of 10K... what im saying is, if what you say is right and taking into account the dollar doesn't collapse, and taking as a reference the current dollar purchasing power, one single BTC in that supossed future of yours would mean it can buy you a house. I don't really thing this is possible. How absurdly rich would be the guys that mined at the very early stages or invested when it was worth peanuts, and now have shit tons of BTC? They would become the new Rothchilds. That's just too nuts.

1) Currency unit size is arbitrary. Replace "bitcoins reaching $100K" with "bits reaching 10 cents" and see how the argument sounds.

2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_incredulity

3) No the early miners won't become the next Rothchilds...at least not necessarily. They have to sell a lot to balance risk along the way. See discussion of dishoarding rates here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sss-a-sane-and-simple-bitcoin-savings-plan-345065

4) This kind of out-of-hand dismissal is exactly why you missed the boat before. The boat is only halfway through its journey. You don't have to miss it again Wink
Activity: 233
Merit: 101
Meanwhile in spain: Unemployed, barely can pay bills, my pet is sick to boot. On top of that: I learned about Bitcoin back in 2009 but didn't invest because it was always linked to criminal activity so didn't look into it, as a result, I see it on mainstream news 4 years later about how it went to 700 dollar a coin. Thank you Bitcoin for making me suicidal for life.

Past is for losers. Past actually doesn't exist at all (quantum-physics proved it many times).
There is only you as an observer of the universe and the present moment. Then what do you do ?

Are you complaining ?
If yes, you are doomed.

Are you fucking trying hard in something without caring about consequence and what people think ?
If yes, you'll have the world at your feet in no time.

+1 Everything is NOW. Wake up!!
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

Buy now while they are cheap. There will be only 21,000,000 BTC ... only 21,000,000 people ( 0,3% of population ) can have whole Bitcoin.

There are at least 29 million millionaires in the world, so even an average millionaire cannot have a whole bitcoin, but a fraction of it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

+1

There are currently about 1.3 quadrillion units of BTC. Each one can be used as a unit of account, bit of currency, speculative investment, etc. Some services already have options to display account balances in mBTC. However, we need more services to implement such features as the default display for laypeople who might have a hard time understanding this concept.

The early miners will not become the Rothschilds. There are too many early miners and they have all sold or spent BTC along the way. BTC wealth distribution is more equal than fiat distribution, and there is still more to be distributed, more than 30% actually.

I'm not sure where you get the info that early miners have sold or spent.  The last piece of info I read indicated that 1000 people own about 50% of the as-of-yet mined coins.  It's actually currently distributed more unequally than fiat.
Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Meanwhile in spain: Unemployed, barely can pay bills, my pet is sick to boot. On top of that: I learned about Bitcoin back in 2009 but didn't invest because it was always linked to criminal activity so didn't look into it, as a result, I see it on mainstream news 4 years later about how it went to 700 dollar a coin. Thank you Bitcoin for making me suicidal for life.
A lot of people have some heartbreak stories including myself, loosing 111 bitcoins for not taking proper care of them, but the bottom line is bitcoins are still cheap. Look at the microsoft price where it was after 5 years, $1 on beginning of 1991

But Bitcoin has already reached Gold-tier prices... can you really compare that graph to Bitcoin? What you are suggesting is Bitcoin has barely seen a rise in price yet compared to what's to come. I think this is plain insane and inceptions my mind. How could a single unit of something be so valuable? If we scalate your graph to Bitcoin what you are saying is that these stories about Bitcoin reaching 100K dollars will become true. I think this is plain nuts and delusional. How could a single BTC have the purchasing power of 100K dollars? Of course, it could always mean that Bitcoin goes to 100K and dollar decreases to the point 100K have the purchasing power of 10K... what im saying is, if what you say is right and taking into account the dollar doesn't collapse, and taking as a reference the current dollar purchasing power, one single BTC in that supossed future of yours would mean it can buy you a house. I don't really thing this is possible. How absurdly rich would be the guys that mined at the very early stages or invested when it was worth peanuts, and now have shit tons of BTC? They would become the new Rothchilds. That's just too nuts.

Someone needs to take a brief course on decimal points and how they can be used to divide up large things.  Roll Eyes

+1

There are currently about 1.3 quadrillion units of BTC. Each one can be used as a unit of account, bit of currency, speculative investment, etc. Some services already have options to display account balances in mBTC. However, we need more services to implement such features as the default display for laypeople who might have a hard time understanding this concept.

The early miners will not become the Rothschilds. There are too many early miners and they have all sold or spent BTC along the way. BTC wealth distribution is more equal than fiat distribution, and there is still more to be distributed, more than 30% actually.
Activity: 287
Merit: 101

A lot of people have some heartbreak stories including myself, loosing 111 bitcoins for not taking proper care of them, but the bottom line is bitcoins are still cheap. Look at the microsoft price where it was after 5 years, $1 on beginning of 1991

Someone needs to take a brief course on decimal points and how they can be used to divide up large things.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1414

Yep -  i found out about Bitcoin a few years back too..(not sure exactly when) guess what?  i didn't invest either, as i thought it wouldn't last.. was only €4 at the time..
Then it was only associated with Silk Road.. I didn't invest then either.. too dodgy, and I assumed the powers that be would eventually shut it down and my investment would be worth nothing.
(I was both right and very wrong!)

But, I did buy some.. and kept buying what i could afford (to lose) which was sensible.. but i wish i invested every penny i could afford period.
If only i could have seen the future then.

It doesn't matter really. I have some now.. I can't see the future from here.. but i can guess better now with hindsight. (hint: i will be awesome, and probably well beyond expectation)

Buy what you can afford.. as much as you can.. weekly, monthly.. whatever.. keep it safe and hold on.
This is 1000% times better than saving..
This is future saving on steroids.
Do it!

Yes, I do think you are right, im trying to buy as much as possible, but with my little savings I can get like what.. 0.05 a month. For this to change my life, Bitcoin would need to go 100K a coin, literally. I see this as too far fetched. This would mean total adoption, surpassing paypal, surpassing everything, being the king, and the demand being ridiculously high. Let's hope what now seems extremely ridiculous becomes true tho.

Buy now while they are cheap. There will be only 21,000,000 BTC ... only 21,000,000 people ( 0,3% of population ) can have whole Bitcoin.
Activity: 322

Yep -  i found out about Bitcoin a few years back too..(not sure exactly when) guess what?  i didn't invest either, as i thought it wouldn't last.. was only €4 at the time..
Then it was only associated with Silk Road.. I didn't invest then either.. too dodgy, and I assumed the powers that be would eventually shut it down and my investment would be worth nothing.

But, I did buy some.. and kept buying what i could afford (to lose) which was sensible.. but i wish i invested every penny i could afford period.

It doesn't matter really. I have some now.. I can't see the future from here.. but i can guess better now with hindsight. (hint: i will be awesome, and probably well beyond expectation)

Buy what you can afford.. as much as you can.. weekly, monthly.. whatever.. keep it safe and hold on.
Do it!

Yes, I do think you are right, im trying to buy as much as possible, but with my little savings I can get like what.. 0.05 a month. For this to change my life, Bitcoin would need to go 100K a coin, literally. I see this as too far fetched. This would mean total adoption, surpassing paypal, surpassing everything, being the king, and the demand being ridiculously high. Let's hope what now seems extremely ridiculous becomes true tho.

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

Do it!
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131

Past is for losers. Past actually doesn't exist at all (quantum-physics proved it many times).
There is only you as an observer of the universe and the present moment. Then what do you do ?

Are you complaining ?
If yes, you are doomed.

Are you fucking trying hard in something without caring about consequence and what people think ?
If yes, you'll have the world at your feet in no time.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth

legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile

Sorry to hear about your pet. There is a reason the Buddha said "Life is suffering". All these things will come to pass, your health, your wealth, your pain, your poverty, etc.
(I'm not religious mind you, but think there is a lot of wisdom in ancient writings.)

So, instead of looking at the past (e.g. chances missed), or worrying about the future, while you are here just be a living example of what you wish others to be. The rest is all transient and in the end, doesn't matter.

So, for example, when you see truth (e.g. Bitcoin in 2009), no matter how it is used, if you see it containing good, then go to it. There will always be "bad" here.
And suicide, is rather like starting the game all over again, so be careful of your actions. Most people only seem to rise up and be happy through suffering, if that is any consolation.
And BTW - you are still an early adopter...

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

Because of popular opinion, I don't  Cheesy

In the last conference, the people there voted in favor of a castle-like castle instead of a palatial one. So the conferences this august (8-18, thread in the appropriate event section), and late september, are still in candlelight.

The outbuildings with their 11 hotel rooms, 4 living rooms, conference room, kitchen, sauna and altogether 9 bathrooms, are in very good condition as some of them were built last month, and some of them undergo a renovation this/next month.

Question: do you still own that physical silver? I remember talking to you some time ago, I'm was not decided 100% but now I think I should buy some. What was the price you were selling at?

I have the silver but it's a good % of my portfolio now. If you come to Malla, Estonia to take delivery, I can sell you 500oz in Maples. The price would be about 15% markup to the bulk Royal Canadian mint pricing (which I cannot find anywhere...Sad )

I don't think I can come soon. I was thinking of shipping something like 100oz. If silver is now a big part of your portfolio, does it mean you have mostly sold your bitcoins?

"good" in the sense of "fitting". I don't want to sell because it is such a small part  Cheesy 100oz is not worth the hassle for me currently  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1064

In the last conference, the people there voted in favor of a castle-like castle instead of a palatial one. So the conferences this august (8-18, thread in the appropriate event section), and late september, are still in candlelight.

The outbuildings with their 11 hotel rooms, 4 living rooms, conference room, kitchen, sauna and altogether 9 bathrooms, are in very good condition as some of them were built last month, and some of them undergo a renovation this/next month.

Question: do you still own that physical silver? I remember talking to you some time ago, I'm was not decided 100% but now I think I should buy some. What was the price you were selling at?

I have the silver but it's a good % of my portfolio now. If you come to Malla, Estonia to take delivery, I can sell you 500oz in Maples. The price would be about 15% markup to the bulk Royal Canadian mint pricing (which I cannot find anywhere...Sad )

I don't think I can come soon. I was thinking of shipping something like 100oz. If silver is now a big part of your portfolio, does it mean you have mostly sold your bitcoins?
donator

legendary
Activity: 1064

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1005

Ok, I agree, it should look medieval. It's just that the front porch looks a bit bombarded... keep up the good work!
donator

Jump to: