Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 149. (Read 907212 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
This guy is a legitimate troll. You can read his introduccion post, well I did 2 times and I still don't fully get it, just as this post. At least the guy is somewhat hilarious.

Of course you do not get it.  Only inferior minds resort to blatant ad hominem.  And a see you have added the incorrect qualifier "somewhat" to the word hilarious.  And I see no reason for this short shrifting and understatement.

In the early 90s I developed a comedy algorithm  and had extensive conversations with notable comedians about it's use and sought their help to tune it as far as I could before more important projects eventually had to take center stage, if you will forgive the pun.

I must stop to point out that puns, as a form of humor, are almost always the playground of the overtly and astutely intelligent, so I do not expect you to actually see the humor in that flawless comedy execution immediately uppost.  Appropriately this is reminiscent of a conversation I had with Pauly Shore concerning my own development of the comedy algorithm.

To:Paul SHore
Dear Mr. Shore,

As we discussed in our 3rd, 4rth, and 6th emails my comedy algorithm is nearing a perfect balance but I am having to work out some finer details on certain equations and feel you exemplify certain flaws I have discovered, and I offer this information to you at no charge, Indded, it is respect for your work in spite of your serious limitations which drives me to tell you these things.  The problem is I have charted the progress of your comedy and see there is no way for it NOT to fall under the weight of it's own juvinillity by early August 1997 at the latest.

Foremost you must begin to employ greater numbers of *PUNS* in your repertoire or you will lose the brightest of your fans.  Your reliance on:

• Awkward situational gaffes
  • Roles like  'Nicky' in "The Wedding Band"
  • The ginger afro wig
  • The affectation "buuuuuudy"
  • Stoner humor

Is revealing your ignorance of "appealing to the lesser half of the apple" fallacy and is, as I mention up-email, unsustainable.

-AnnoyChuckle

To: AnnoyChuckle

Dude.

How the hell did you get my NEW email address??  Jesus Christ, man, you have a problem. I'm only addressing ONE thing. I don't have red hair, and Carrot Top, who I GUESS you are confusing me with, is NOT wearing a wig.

Go Away.  The next email will be from my lawyer.

As I predicted his relevance faded markedly after his Chuck Betts role in "The Curse of Inferno". I must now point out this was, exactly as I predicted, in 1997.

But I do not currently have time to talk to you about this as I have important tweaks to make to my bullet point list theorum.  This will be my last post for the foreseeable future.

Please post more. Thank you.
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
This guy is a legitimate troll. You can read his introduccion post, well I did 2 times and I still don't fully get it, just as this post. At least the guy is somewhat hilarious.

Of course you do not get it.  Only inferior minds resort to blatant ad hominem.  And a see you have added the incorrect qualifier "somewhat" to the word hilarious.  And I see no reason for this short shrifting and understatement.

In the early 90s I developed a comedy algorithm  and had extensive conversations with notable comedians about it's use and sought their help to tune it as far as I could before more important projects eventually had to take center stage, if you will forgive the pun.

I must stop to point out that puns, as a form of humor, are almost always the playground of the overtly and astutely intelligent, so I do not expect you to actually see the humor in that flawless comedy execution immediately uppost.  Appropriately this is reminiscent of a conversation I had with Pauly Shore concerning my own development of the comedy algorithm.

Dear Mr. Shore,

As we discussed in our 3rd, 4rth, and 6th emails my comedy algorithm is nearing a perfect balance but I am having to work out some finer details on certain equations and feel you exemplify certain flaws I have discovered, and I offer this information to you at no charge, Indded, it is respect for your work in spite of your serious limitations which drives me to tell you these things.  The problem is I have charted the progress of your comedy and see there is no way for it NOT to fall under the weight of it's own juvinillity by early August 1997 at the latest.

Foremost you must begin to employ greater numbers of *PUNS* in your repertoire or you will lose the brightest of your fans.  Your reliance on:

• The ginger afro wig
  • Stoner humor

Is revealing your ignorance of "appealing to the lesser half of the apple" fallacy and is, as I mention up-email, unsustainable.

-AnnoyChuckle

Dude.

How the hell did you get my NEW email address??  Jesus Christ, man, you have a problem. I'm only addressing ONE thing. I don't have red hair, and Carrot Top, who I GUESS you are confusing me with, is NOT wearing a wig.

As I predicted his relevance faded markedly after his Chuck Betts role in "The Curse of Inferno". I must now point out this was, exactly as I predicted, in 1997.

But I do not currently have time to talk to you about this as I have important tweaks to make to my bullet point list theorum.  This will be my last post for the foreseeable future.

Already my favorite satircal troll of all time. This guy puts Proudhon to shame.

Sorry Proudhon.

+1

Although Proudhon was my first troll. He'll always have a place in my heart and he's stood the test of time.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Already my favorite satircal troll of all time. This guy puts Proudhon to shame.

Sorry Proudhon.

I don't think we should understate Proudhon's contribution to the field of satirical trolling.  His career reached its apex in January 2014 when he successfully trolled the International Business Times (20 million unique monthly readers): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4862368

There's even a song about/dedicated-to Proudhon on Youtube. How many trolls can claim that?
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

Sorry Proudhon.

I don't think we should understate Proudhon's contribution to the field of satirical trolling.  His career reached its apex in January 2014 when he successfully trolled the International Business Times (20 million unique monthly readers): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4862368
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
My husband and I were careful not to invest either because of the relationship with drugs, money laundering back in 2012.  We waited until we heard that some money laundering rules were at least being put into place before making our first purchase in 2013 right before the April bubble.  Unfortunately we did not go "all in" at that point and just put our feet in the water so to speak. Wink  I feel like fear of the government cost us a few thousand, if not hundred thousand, at this point.  At least we are involved now and it is still early!

You are most likely incapable of understanding exactly how too late it is at this time, but it is too early to say for sure how late it actually is lately, and when the time comes you will be surprised at how early some of us (me in particular) were able to determine how late it actually is.  Lately I have been giving this topic some thought, especially early in the morning when I awake, which in your part of the world would be very late at night, but I actually experience day earlier than you ever could because of the rotational bias of the spherical solar satellite on which we reside being more attuned to my early waking than yours.  It is simply too late for you.

But I am done trying to elucidate the likes of you, and will leave now, never to return to this thread.

You really don't know how late it is, do you?

I am now fully shamed at the realization of how very late I am.  I realize how futile it even is to try to even try to wake up in the morning.  By the time I wake up I am so late up compared to where the important and smarter people in the world reside that I might as well just put my head back on my pillow and cry.     Wink

Activity: 22
Merit: 4

Dear Mr. Shore,

• The ginger afro wig
  • Stoner humor

-AnnoyChuckle

Dude.

legendary
Activity: 1246
My husband and I were careful not to invest either because of the relationship with drugs, money laundering back in 2012.  We waited until we heard that some money laundering rules were at least being put into place before making our first purchase in 2013 right before the April bubble.  Unfortunately we did not go "all in" at that point and just put our feet in the water so to speak. Wink  I feel like fear of the government cost us a few thousand, if not hundred thousand, at this point.  At least we are involved now and it is still early!

You are most likely incapable of understanding exactly how too late it is at this time, but it is too early to say for sure how late it actually is lately, and when the time comes you will be surprised at how early some of us (me in particular) were able to determine how late it actually is.  Lately I have been giving this topic some thought, especially early in the morning when I awake, which in your part of the world would be very late at night, but I actually experience day earlier than you ever could because of the rotational bias of the spherical solar satellite on which we reside being more attuned to my early waking than yours.  It is simply too late for you.

But I am done trying to elucidate the likes of you, and will leave now, never to return to this thread.

You really don't know how late it is, do you?
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
My husband and I were careful not to invest either because of the relationship with drugs, money laundering back in 2012.  We waited until we heard that some money laundering rules were at least being put into place before making our first purchase in 2013 right before the April bubble.  Unfortunately we did not go "all in" at that point and just put our feet in the water so to speak. Wink  I feel like fear of the government cost us a few thousand, if not hundred thousand, at this point.  At least we are involved now and it is still early!

You are most likely incapable of understanding exactly how too late it is at this time, but it is too early to say for sure how late it actually is lately, and when the time comes you will be surprised at how early some of us (me in particular) were able to determine how late it actually is.  Lately I have been giving this topic some thought, especially early in the morning when I awake, which in your part of the world would be very late at night, but I actually experience day earlier than you ever could because of the rotational bias of the spherical solar satellite on which we reside being more attuned to my early waking than yours.  It is simply too late for you.

Activity: 378
FURring bitcoin up since 1762
Is there actually an updated version on the famous "Risto's long-term logarithmic BTC price extrapolation chart", is the old one from last year's bubble still accurate or what's the most recent version? His predictions have often be shockingly spot-on!
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
rpietila, did you update the bitcoin wealth distribution recently?
Do you care to comment on how NY-proposed rules will affect bitcoin in a short or longer term? Do they even matter?
I hope that eventually some jurisdiction will dedicate itself to people with larger possession of bitcoin (say, 20-100 BTC and above) and provide better rules, taxation, etc.

The bitcoin wealth distribution does not materially change if the price remains constant.

legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!
I can define a unit called the wachtwoord which is 160 BTC. Right now 1 wachtwoord is already trading @ $100k USD (625*160). Capiche?

In this case one wachtwoord should come to the next Malla party, since the unit's worth is higher than the threshold BTC100! Smiley

What is the XMR treshold? Tongue

When my XMR stash is worth 100 BTC i'll come for sure Smiley
edit: that will take a while though...
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
I can define a unit called the wachtwoord which is 160 BTC. Right now 1 wachtwoord is already trading @ $100k USD (625*160). Capiche?

In this case one wachtwoord should come to the next Malla party, since the unit's worth is higher than the threshold BTC100! Smiley

rpietila, did you update the bitcoin wealth distribution recently?
Do you care to comment on how NY-proposed rules will affect bitcoin in a short or longer term? Do they even matter?
I hope that eventually some jurisdiction will dedicate itself to people with larger possession of bitcoin (say, 20-100 BTC and above) and provide better rules, taxation, etc.
donator

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
How could a single unit of something be so valuable?.... How could a single BTC have the purchasing power of 100K dollars?

Activity: 784
Merit: 272
How could a single unit of something be so valuable?.... How could a single BTC have the purchasing power of 100K dollars?

How can a single metric tonne of gold be worth so much?

In some countries, like India, gold is part of daily life and built into some aspects of religious and culture displays of faith, status and acknowledgement or reinforcement of social connections. Therefore, the price of gold is driven by the need imperative to buy gold jewellery.

We need to make Bitcoin part of all religions or social displays ( Grin). BTC donations at the end of sermons, BTC as birthday presents, BTC as dowry, etc. 1 BTC for the boatman.

The scarcity and high price of BTC is the thing that would ironically reinforce its desirability, and the circular path is laid.

Where do you need to cross a river frequently? I want to be your boatman  Grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charon's_obol
legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!

In some countries, like India, gold is part of daily life and built into some aspects of religious and culture displays of faith, status and acknowledgement or reinforcement of social connections. Therefore, the price of gold is driven by the need imperative to buy gold jewellery.

We need to make Bitcoin part of all religions or social displays ( Grin). BTC donations at the end of sermons, BTC as birthday presents, BTC as dowry, etc. 1 BTC for the boatman.

The scarcity and high price of BTC is the thing that would ironically reinforce its desirability, and the circular path is laid.

Where do you need to cross a river frequently? I want to be your boatman  Grin
Activity: 784
Merit: 272

donator
If even 25% of these contracts go bad, you are talking about $250 or so trillion needed to be covered. ( this is if the total is $1 quadrillion) The global GDP is only 55 to 60 trillion a year. The definition of economic depression is a 5% drop in GDP over 2 consecutive years.[/i]

To whom do they need to pay?

If we, the taxpayers, are the ones receiving the reward of our "good" bets, then we should be happy with the 250,000,000 million, since that would about double the wealth of every taxpayer in the world! Smiley

If we, the taxpayers, are not receiving the money, why should we be held accountable for paying "Bank A" the amount equal to all our net worth combined, especially as the counterparty, Bank B, that is on the winning side, is provably owned by the same people as "Bank A"?

If my left pocket makes a bet, valued at the size of the world, with my right pocket, on the condition that whichever pocket wins, the rest of the world must pay everything that they have to this pocket, well, let's just say I have been hospitalized for less Wink
Activity: 405

How can 10,000 pcs of printed paper and a good story be worth 1 million dollars of tinned beans?

How can 9 banks with a total capitial of under $1trillion be exposed to derivative losses of $200 +++trillion?

http://www.businessinsider.com/9-banks-combine-for-over-200-trillion-derivatives-exposure-2012-4

That is why the system needs to change.

Edit  that is now  $290 trillion for just 5 banks

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=largest+derivative&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&gfe_rd=cr&ei=TFfLU_SHBeWD8QfyyoC4DA#channel=sb&q=total+derivative+exposure+2014&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1389103

As of May 18th, 2011 (the last BIS update available, which covers the period up to January 1st, 2011), the total notional value of all global OTC or over-the-counter (meaning non-exchange traded instruments where there is huge 'counter-party' risk) derivatives is now $601 trillion dollars US.

http://www.bis.org/publ/otc_hy1105.pdf

The actual total is probably closer to $1 quadrillion, as at the end of 2008, both the BIS and the IMF simply changed to a 'value to maturity' model, which is a 'mark to model' method, not the truthful 'mark to market' model for valuing notional derivative contract value. At the time of this change, the total was $1.1 quadrillion for OTC derivative types.

This is the same trick that the private banks and firms have used for the last 15 years to hide massive losses and claim false profits to trigger executive bonuses (it used to be illegal, until the laws were changed under the Clinton, Bush, and Obama administrations).

If even 25% of these contracts go bad, you are talking about $250 or so trillion needed to be covered. ( this is if the total is $1 quadrillion) The global GDP is only 55 to 60 trillion a year. The definition of economic depression is a 5% drop in GDP over 2 consecutive years.

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas

Jump to: