Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 69. (Read 907212 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
Smart money IS bitcoin, got it  Wink

Bitcoin is sound money.

There is no smart money, there are only (allegedly) smart individuals who have some money. Their smartness in this case consists of ridding themselves of said money, exchanging them for something else that they believe will appreciate.

Sorry, I just like to have the nomenclature in order.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

Bitcoin is sound money.
Activity: 503
Merit: 501

Nice chart. I'm curious what it looks like farther back. Last year it must have been negative correlation, at least during the bubble formation in btc.

Regarding the chart, the correlation does not fit so well if you pick a 1 year time span https://www.tradingview.com/e/A9moXR92/ You should be able to change date range from that chart. It stands out best on the 6 month chart but actually looks like gold leads down from that point.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
Activity: 665
Merit: 500
Nice chart. I'm curious what it looks like farther back. Last year it must have been negative correlation, at least during the bubble formation in btc.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
That the smarter money is in bitcoin.

sorry, was too tempting.

+1

That's a great chart you got there BitDreams. I didn't know such thing existed. The correlation is obvious even though there are some inconsistencies. I'm curious what will happen when the BTC/USD picks up the pace. Wink
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

sorry, was too tempting.
Activity: 503
Merit: 501
Welcome to the new business lounge. Wine and cigars are on the house.

https://www.tradingview.com/v/roPAVFgJ/

GLD (candlesticks) is the paper gold exchange traded fund in the US. (edit 12/12 - correction)

From this charts aspect, BTC led price down till Oct 6th and GLD is now leading price up to the present. Bitcoin also didn't fall for the 7% price swing overnight like gold did from that Swiss vote. You don't see the 7% swing in the paper gold market because it's only open to trade during regular market hours unlike the futures.

Assume ;->

Activity: 378
Merit: 254
I couldn't care less what the price of Bitcoin is relative to the dollar, it could be 1 US dollar per bitcoin or a million dollars per bitcoin, it makes absolutely no difference to me whatsoever...

Activity: 722
Merit: 500
We have done the 'War on Drugs'
We have done the 'War on Terror'
Now we must have the 'War on the Dollar'

March on Soldiers!!!

And yet more collateral damage? No thanks. Numbers don't need napalm.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

Maybe war on the ignorance of dishonest money in general. Call it the "War on Financialization." I'm fine with dollars if they are backed by something useful and not the whims of lawgivers, at least in the short term.
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
Is it totally implausible that agents of a Central Bank could be quietly buying BTC and systematically dumping at a loss at precise times in order to suppress price?

Net losses would be negligible for that type of entity and might easily be swept under the rug in a context of monetary expansion.

Suppressing the price of Bitcoin will make it more attractive to investors, this will likely increase the adoption rate.  Ultimately nothing anybody says or does can prevent the expansion and adoption of Bitcoin at this point.  The reason for this is because "I want it to exist" and "you want it to exist" and that is not about to change.
I couldn't care less what the price of Bitcoin is relative to the dollar, it could be 1 US dollar per bitcoin or a million dollars per bitcoin, it makes absolutely no difference to me whatsoever.  In real terms the only thing that matters is the number of transactions per day, we need to promote Bitcoin and increase it's adoption.
Be assured I will continue to fight, to push forward with blood dripping, blood dripping from my guns, blood dripping from my bullet wounds, as I march forward into battle.  Am I alone in this battle? No! for I march with millions.

We have done the 'War on Drugs'
We have done the 'War on Terror'

March on Soldiers!!!
FWIW, the Swiss Guard are a highly elite military force.  Their clownish formal uniforms obscure their badassness.  This is one of many standard issue weapons they carry:

Not impressed.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
"Maybe the largest unknown store of physical gold in the world is the Vatican Gold. For nearly two thousand years the church has been hoarding gold gained from wars and conquests in the name of God. Throughout the ages people have been shoveling vast amounts of gold into the collection trays every Sunday. The Vatican gold hoard is a closely guarded secret but I believe that it may be the largest collection in history if you take into account all the gold used in the artwork, crosses, trinkets, coins and cups owned by the church. The Vatican is all about privacy, secrecy and power and I guarantee you they know the true value of gold."

http://www.roadtoroota.com/public/181.cfm

Didn't Italy have money problems? Wink

The Pontifical Swiss Guard is in between the Vatican gold and the Italians.

Wait until he puts on his scary clown makeup.
"Maybe the largest unknown store of physical gold in the world is the Vatican Gold. For nearly two thousand years the church has been hoarding gold gained from wars and conquests in the name of God. Throughout the ages people have been shoveling vast amounts of gold into the collection trays every Sunday. The Vatican gold hoard is a closely guarded secret but I believe that it may be the largest collection in history if you take into account all the gold used in the artwork, crosses, trinkets, coins and cups owned by the church. The Vatican is all about privacy, secrecy and power and I guarantee you they know the true value of gold."

Wow ..... impressive Wink

I don't think they will last a full minute.

They are highly specialized.  Uniform makes them virtually invisible in certain terrains, smartass Angry

Activity: 271
Merit: 101

Wow ..... impressive Wink

I don't think they will last a full minute.

Despite their silly uniforms, they'd wipe the floor with the Italian army, who happen to be a lazy bunch, utterly useless for the most part.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
A true champion of freedom of speech has died in the age of 37:

Ville Oksanen, Founding Member of EFFI (EFF Finland)

I have once appealed to Ville (he was a lawyer) in my case of persecution by the government.

Now he is gone. Cause of death is not confirmed.

Being an advocate of freedom of speech and truly working on that, is as deadly now as it has always been, no matter in what continent the country is located. Thank you Ville. We will continue.
RIP

RIP. Cases like this with "sudden illness" fire up conspiracy theories. Sigh. Sad
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
Is it totally implausible that agents of a Central Bank could be quietly buying BTC and systematically dumping at a loss at precise times in order to suppress price?

Net losses would be negligible for that type of entity and might easily be swept under the rug in a context of monetary expansion.

This is delusional thinking. BTC does not register enough for them to take all these trouble. In future maybe, but certainly not now.

The market capitalization of BTC is too small to bother.

And importantly, it would not have that effect.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Who's there?
A true champion of freedom of speech has died in the age of 37:

Ville Oksanen, Founding Member of EFFI (EFF Finland)

I have once appealed to Ville (he was a lawyer) in my case of persecution by the government.

Now he is gone. Cause of death is not confirmed.

Being an advocate of freedom of speech and truly working on that, is as deadly now as it has always been, no matter in what continent the country is located. Thank you Ville. We will continue.
RIP
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

This is delusional thinking. BTC does not register enough for them to take all these trouble. In future maybe, but certainly not now.

The market capitalization of BTC is too small to bother.
Pages:
Jump to: